Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2014, 07:37:59 AM *
News: Due to the OpenSSL heartbleed bug, changing your forum password is recommended.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help setting up merged mining on P2Pool  (Read 3059 times)
Gladamas

Activity: 294

Bitcoin today is what the internet was in 1990.

View Profile

Ignore
May 19, 2012, 02:36:41 AM

First of all I would like to say that I am not a complete noob when it comes to setting up software. However I cannot find a guide on how to set up merged mining on P2Pool (that is, Bitcoin, Namecoin, Devcoin, IXcoin, I0coin, [Liquidcoin? Litecoin?]). Something like this would be helpful, but I am running Windows 7, not Linux. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

1GLADMZ5tL4HkS6BAWPfJLeZJCDHAd9Fr3 - Bitcoin Pyramid - Litecoin Forum
13+% ROI/year from mining: http://j.mp/RkblYM - http://j.mp/Q8XNJP
Bitpantry: Foodz for BTC! Gluten-free dairy-free brownies now available! Omnomnom...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unbeatable Service & Product Support
Grab Your Miners at GAWMiners.com
Order Before April 25th to receive
Double your Hashing Power for 1 week!

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gladamas

Activity: 294

Bitcoin today is what the internet was in 1990.

View Profile

Ignore
May 19, 2012, 03:38:44 PM

Bump

1GLADMZ5tL4HkS6BAWPfJLeZJCDHAd9Fr3 - Bitcoin Pyramid - Litecoin Forum
13+% ROI/year from mining: http://j.mp/RkblYM - http://j.mp/Q8XNJP
Bitpantry: Foodz for BTC! Gluten-free dairy-free brownies now available! Omnomnom...
mdude77

Activity: 756

View Profile

Ignore
May 20, 2012, 11:02:03 AM

First of all I would like to say that I am not a complete noob when it comes to setting up software. However I cannot find a guide on how to set up merged mining on P2Pool (that is, Bitcoin, Namecoin, Devcoin, IXcoin, I0coin, [Liquidcoin? Litecoin?]). Something like this would be helpful, but I am running Windows 7, not Linux. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

I was able to get namecoin running for merged mining under windows.  I haven't found anything for the others.  But, IMHO, they are worthless currencies so I'm not losing much.

See here for installing and running: http://dot-bit.org/InstallAndConfigureNamecoin

And I use this GUI, although it's not perfect, it seems to work.  Mostly:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=48737.0

That's only if you intend to run a server locally.  If you can't/won't setup a local server, I suggest using a public p2pool like p2pmining.com:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=66202.0

M

MPoolMonitor author, monitor stats/workers for most of the main pools, and shows global BTC stats (current/next difficulty/USD value/hashrate->$$$ calc)!  Latest (v3.9)
Use Vircurex for  trading all alt coins you can, Cryptsy for everything else, and use coins-e with caution only if you are desperate!!! BTC tips: 18ACkScCxPpaW6SWK8iGXPC5iD7oJLUDF2 Smiley
TCPC

Activity: 30

View Profile WWW

Ignore
October 05, 2012, 03:55:12 AM

I know this post is pretty old, but I was also looking for a guide to setup P2Pool on Windows.  Did you ever have any luck setting yours up?  Or does anyone else know of a guide for windows?

Bitcoin:      14dK33sP9W2MJ1G5rVEyE9M81ee31ptzix
Namecoin:  NG4dVFDU8qguuRbtuC9Dvz6KkcupdWQcjW
PPcoin:      PPxXyTso7DxykNjq6gy8VVQidATwsGUp2i
Litecoin:     LP2f38SdV3BZ2EZNDYrvFdHVEG43vhwBwt
Ixcoin:       xvU6ZXJ2fJeCGh4kxZQxCSgZGp2UsRgpre
mdude77

View Profile

Ignore
October 06, 2012, 12:02:44 AM

I know this post is pretty old, but I was also looking for a guide to setup P2Pool on Windows.  Did you ever have any luck setting yours up?  Or does anyone else know of a guide for windows?

My above post describes it all.  It works fine for me in windows 7.

M

MPoolMonitor author, monitor stats/workers for most of the main pools, and shows global BTC stats (current/next difficulty/USD value/hashrate->$$$ calc)!  Latest (v3.9)
Use Vircurex for  trading all alt coins you can, Cryptsy for everything else, and use coins-e with caution only if you are desperate!!! BTC tips: 18ACkScCxPpaW6SWK8iGXPC5iD7oJLUDF2 Smiley
mokahless

Activity: 449

View Profile

Ignore
May 13, 2013, 08:20:43 PM

I know this post is pretty old, but I was also looking for a guide to setup P2Pool on Windows.  Did you ever have any luck setting yours up?  Or does anyone else know of a guide for windows?

My above post describes it all.  It works fine for me in windows 7.

M

But how did you set up the merged-mining part?

Edit: If anyone sees this and was looking because they had the question I did, it's an option in p2pool. "--merged"

johnny5

Activity: 65

no disassemble

View Profile

Ignore
June 28, 2013, 09:40:18 PM

Is there any way to verify that a setup of p2pool is correctly merged mining?   I added in the --merged and the namecoind info, and on the p2pool console display, once in a while i now see "new merged mining work received" or something along those lines - but i never see anything else.  When i getinfo on namecoind, "hashespersec" : 0, is always at 0. 
Is there some way to verify it's indeed merged mining, locally?

Earn Devcoins by Writing DVC: 1CzLGGx5UZL76b2DvL6zLq1jWwN82crE2F
pyra-proxy

Activity: 489

View Profile

Ignore
August 03, 2013, 08:46:45 PM

Is there any way to verify that a setup of p2pool is correctly merged mining?   I added in the --merged and the namecoind info, and on the p2pool console display, once in a while i now see "new merged mining work received" or something along those lines - but i never see anything else.  When i getinfo on namecoind, "hashespersec" : 0, is always at 0. 

bump - I have this same question as I'm investigating now, seeing the same results as you as well...  Trying to get my head around p2pool and it's capabilities/limitations

notme

Activity: 938

View Profile

Ignore
August 03, 2013, 08:54:50 PM

bump - I have this same question as I'm investigating now, seeing the same results as you as well...  Trying to get my head around p2pool and it's capabilities/limitations

As long as it says "new merged mining work received" you are good to go.  There is no other indication to look for other than a chunk of coins when you find an altcoin block.

While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Programmer/Math Nerd
12jh3odyAAaR2XedPKZNCR4X4sebuotQzN
mdude77

View Profile

Ignore
August 03, 2013, 10:59:14 PM

As long as it says "new merged mining work received" you are good to go.  There is no other indication to look for other than a chunk of coins when you find an altcoin block.

the difficulty is really high on ixcoin and namecoin.  keep in mind when you merge mine with p2pool, you're using your hashpower only for the altcoins.  it'll likely be a while before you get a block.

M

pyra-proxy

Activity: 489

View Profile

Ignore
August 04, 2013, 03:22:43 AM

the difficulty is really high on ixcoin and namecoin.  keep in mind when you merge mine with p2pool, you're using your hashpower only for the altcoins.  it'll likely be a while before you get a block.

M

Thanks, was curious about that part and assumed that was the case but still curious.  So I got all of them working (BTC, NMC, IXC) except DVC....  not sure why but that one always gives me failed to get auxblock messages (had to take each one out and add back in unfortunately to figure this out .... is there any better info for debugging?).  Is there something special about devcoin that I need to do in order to get it to merge mine properly?  My conf files are more or less very cookie cutter at this point.

mdude77

View Profile

Ignore
August 04, 2013, 09:56:25 AM

M

Thanks, was curious about that part and assumed that was the case but still curious.  So I got all of them working (BTC, NMC, IXC) except DVC....  not sure why but that one always gives me failed to get auxblock messages (had to take each one out and add back in unfortunately to figure this out .... is there any better info for debugging?).  Is there something special about devcoin that I need to do in order to get it to merge mine properly?  My conf files are more or less very cookie cutter at this point.

I only bother with IXCoin and Namecoin.  IIRC I couldn't find a reliable source for windows DVC, and considering the value of DVC is really really small, I didn't think it was worth the risk.

M

notme

Activity: 938

View Profile

Ignore
August 04, 2013, 10:43:59 AM

M

Devcoin isn't any different.  Just make sure you don't have a typo in the username/password/port.

While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Programmer/Math Nerd
12jh3odyAAaR2XedPKZNCR4X4sebuotQzN
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.