Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 08:04:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can government destroy Bitcoin?  (Read 1693 times)
vonnyaries

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 12:52:11 AM

1 government in the world try to destroy bitcoin? i think they can't unless all government in the world make a policy about bitcoin i think they can makes bitcoin destroy, if just a few government i think they can't destoy bitcoin, maybe they just cant restrict the wallet of bitcoin, the trading market of bitcoin and something else, just for restricting

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████   PARTICIPATE NOW!
  █████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
██ █  Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
anehh

Activity: 600
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 12:52:43 AM

if the government prohibits the use of bitcoin it certainly can, therefore the authority of the government of a country to ban, legalize or permit without any prohibition and government rules on bitcoin. but the government will not be able to destroy bitcoin as long as bitcoin still has a reasonable price and still in the interest of many people in the world.
congresowoman

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 12:58:38 AM

As recently government are banning bitcoin in some countries. Do you think can government distroy bitcoin?

a big possibility granting bitcoin interferes greatly with government's day to day operations like people wouldn't want to be transacting with banks anymore, bitcoin will be mafia's and terrorists' fuel or people getting scammed by investing in it. Then I can see grounds for the government to stop cryptocurrencies from taking over the country's financial aspect.

Crypto26

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 01:03:20 AM

it is unlikely that government can destroy btc. There's a lot of big time investors behind cryptocurrency and will not allow government just to ruin what they have started.
reality18

Activity: 938
Merit: 14

Earn more with Earn Network

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 01:06:13 AM

As recently government are banning bitcoin in some countries. Do you think can government distroy bitcoin?

The governments can limit the patronage of Bitcoin to some extend as they cause frequent FUD in the people but the power to the total destruction of Bitcoin rests on the people - You and I. Once people decide not to accept it as a medium of exchange, the demand reduces and that can destroy bitcoin and i don't think this circumstance is very likely to happen, it takes a lot of factors to come to play.
BennyK

Activity: 672
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 01:15:49 AM

Governments will not seek to destroy it, rather they will find a way to control it. At the end of the day Governments and Corporations will have the lion's share of it. Once crypto is widely accepted, it is money and those two entities will do everything to grab hold of power.

Make no mistake, it's a power game in the long term.
Exactly what the governments are seeking for - power! The intention behind their allegations is to gain control over Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in general, and manipulate the market to suit their interests and gains. Bitcoin and the cryptocurrency industry will persist till the end and it is about time users fight the FUD.

bjmpoker001

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 04:50:03 AM

What if i told you it is the opposite. Bitcoin can destroy government !
decentralized system will disrupt the existing centralized system. the existing centralized system on government can be disrupted by
bitcoin and cryptocurrency decentralized system.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
yabutzxc

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 04:55:03 AM

it defends to the goverment if they have Power to destroy the bitcoin,as i know goverment has of big power to control the things that we have in every day life.
mix max

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 05:02:51 AM

Yes, of course. If governments in all countries unite and prohibit access, transactions and all about bitcoin then the possibility of users will not be able to do anything. Bitcoin without the user is nothing and is no longer worth it.
wormgummy019

Activity: 328

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 05:10:29 AM

I think government can't destroy bitcoin but they can stop it in their country. Government can't destroy the whole bitcoin because it is a worldwide digital currency and not all governments are banning bitcoin. They can stop bitcoin in their country by banning it in their country. Making it illegal to their country can make it stop. Governments can't destroy bitcoin because bitcoin is powerful.
Malian

Activity: 65

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 05:19:45 AM

Government has unlimited power and if you want to make bitcoin destroy then it is easy, the government will recruit experts to make bitcoin destroy, but I hope this is never done all government.
kencot

Activity: 151

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 05:30:38 AM

Although it is prohibited, it seems like users have 1000 ways to keep using bitcoins. So, I think the government will have trouble to destroy bitcoin.
ParveZ219

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 05:35:51 AM

Bitcoin is nothing but a cryptocurrency and if you want to enjoy the advantages of Bitcoin then no one is there to destroy Bitcoins and it is totally based on internet and government can destroy the internet so Bitcoins are also undestructable. So don't worry if government is banning Bitcoin in your country then Bitcoin is going to be illegal in your country but then also you can use Bitcoins. As Bitcoins are anonymous.
Altcoindealer

Activity: 686
Merit: 135

XAYA - THE ULTIMATE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 05:38:37 AM

As you know the blockchain technology is decentral. So i dont think that any gouverment could destroy bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency. So they can make laws against it, and try to censor the internet of their country, they can bann it, but you can hold the blockchain technology. Even when there are start to hunt the miners, they can maybe shutdown the miners in their country, but never the miners worldwide. So in the end, there just one fullnote needed to keep the bitcoin blockchain network on run!
newgal2017

Activity: 337
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 05:39:00 AM

If the government would want to destroy bitcoin in a way of shutting it down and wanting it to completely eliminate, they are capable of doing so because of the power they have. The government is the one controlling its people therefore if a law that prohibits the usage of cryptocurrency is going to be implemented in order to ban the usage of bitcoin, a lot of people would have second thought in using it because of the possible consequences they may face if they violate that. Yet, it is not assured that all of the people would follow this because bitcoin has been a part of the lives of many people.

If the government would want to destroy bitcoin, people would only make actions that will save bitcoin and themselves from being manipulated by the government. Unless all of the administration worldwide would ban the usage of bitcoin and cryptocurrency, the bitcoin would continue to prosper and would make a way to lives of people.
jops

Activity: 132

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 05:39:40 AM

Yes i think it is possible that government can destroy bitcoin. If all the government around the world banned bitcoin that is the time that bitcoin will destroy. Because no one can use bitcoin if it is banned, we all know that bitcoin depends to those people who use it.
TWW

Activity: 1456
Merit: 109

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 06:11:55 AM

the only way they could destroy bitcoin is with shutting down the internet and even they do it wont technically destroyed,it just disabled temporary and will come back if internet activated again...and of course it is impossible because they always need internet too
shaheer001

Activity: 1274
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 06:16:32 AM

Got can not destroy it but due to fake news,FUD new and some negative news and article which are about crypto world temporary effect on Bitcoin price and trading.

waton gayeng

Activity: 101

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 07:09:40 AM

I have no idea. To be sure, the government has the power to ban bitcoin. On the other hand, users have other means of using bitcoin even though it is banned by the government. Looks like fifty fifty.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24]  All
  Print  

Jump to: