Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:55:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mintpal payouts  (Read 2464 times)
JLynn171

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 01:48:47 PM

Yes i know ppl who got his money back, but i know ppl who didnt got his money back yet, maybe this will take some time to them i dont know.

So what can i tell you is that:

1-they are working on it and you will received it soon.
2-they havent enought money to pay back everybody.

i hope they are on the number #1.

They are at number 2.

I think its incedents like this that will if there ever is cause a death of bitcoin... companies that are holding over a s certain amount of count needs a checks/balances system in check to insure all coins are being held with some type of insurance
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinpiece

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 02:21:05 PM

I think it's better to open a scamm accusaion in the properly section , what do you think guys ?

Edit: I've found this : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=823849.0

Yes, one should make a thread right now.
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 02:25:14 PM

Insurance will not be adequate unless it protects  against all eventualities so no matter what happens the collateral  is forefeit should the coins  be  lost, hacked,  stolen from inside or outside the company, passwords forgotten, private keys lost etc

The problem is for an exchange to have any depth they need it to grow and as it grows upwards of a million usd the temptation gets harder to resist and also when the volume is increasing daily like it probably does in all successful exchanges the insurance for depositors would have to increase again  to negate the risk of embezzlements

If someone is insured  up to say 1 million usd and their deposits  grows to  5 million worth there is new incentive to steal the 5 million and Forefit the 1 million in escrow so a third party audit would be necessary and who is going to be trusted to  keep the insurance money and monitor the balance sheet if not the exchanges themselves who obviously can't be trusted once they exceed a certain size

A lot of ddifficulties arise in trying to design an exchange to be bulletproof from every possible Angle but  until it's taken care of it will hinder btcs progress to main stream adoption

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 07:35:18 PM

I got all my coins back.

They didn't all arrive at once but I had about 5 different cryptos on Mintpal. I put withdrawal addresses into the emergency withdrawal form and they started turning up a couple of days later. The last one to arrive was DRK which came about a day later.
campycoin

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Daily Bitcoins for your Paypal/Skrill

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 08:44:20 AM

They robbed me over over 1 BTC .. RYAN KENNEDY SCAM

Waaaa!  Waaaaa!  I stole 80k and I won't even address it!  How dare they steal 1 btc from me.  FROM ME!  I'm the Scammy Clown damn it!  Me!  I am the one who steals from everyone not you!
ikydesu

Activity: 686

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 07:08:50 PM

My btc still pending there.

you can't received your btc again mate.
my btc still pending there over 1 week Sad
moko666

Activity: 635

BlasterKVs the king of xbox modding

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2014, 11:05:25 PM

game is over friends