Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:33:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: P  (Read 78339 times)
Shadow383

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 02:10:00 PM

I'm in London for the month so will be hitting up the FSA to register GLBSE if they'll let me, I don't believe they will.

any progress?

Im not long after arriving, and my laptop was DOA so had to get another one and restore my backup, which has taken some time. So no update on this and I don't think there will be until sometime next week.
Any possibility of negative ramifications and the like arising from this? I imagine they'll hit you with AML requirements for a start...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 02:11:23 PM

I'm in London for the month so will be hitting up the FSA to register GLBSE if they'll let me, I don't believe they will.

any progress?

Im not long after arriving, and my laptop was DOA so had to get another one and restore my backup, which has taken some time. So no update on this and I don't think there will be until sometime next week.
Any possibility of negative ramifications and the like arising from this? I imagine they'll hit you with AML requirements for a start...

thats the question: do they consider btc money or not Wink
MoPac

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 03:02:15 PM

I wont be giving over my ID. I made that point clear already. What happens then to all my stuff? You just going to void it?

Is your objection here about being identified to the exchange per se or about Nefario safeguarding an image of your physical ID?
P4man

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 03:17:01 PM

there is a real risk I will just walk away.

better not to have given anyone your ID in that case, right? Just to make sure no one comes after you.

I can obviously understand people not wanting their ID posted on this forum, but being utterly unwilling to give your ID "in escrow" to the operator of an exchange, even though you probably hold 10's of 1000's of other people's BTCs on that exchange, is a gigantic red flag in my book.

P4man

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 03:38:11 PM

There was massive drama about my not giving Nefario my ID cuz he said he was going to give it to the police.

Oh thats very reassuring.
Why would you be worried if the police knew who you were? Dont they know already?

Also many many many people know who I am and where I live.

The same was said about Pirate.  Now it turns out, people suddenly arent so sure anymore. Do you think it would have hurt if someone had Pirate's ID?

piotr_n
Legendary

Activity: 2053
Merit: 1354

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 03:38:48 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2012, 04:04:55 PM by piotr_n

But troll away p4man... Please troll away...
Yeah. Welcome to the trolling club, p4man! Smiley

If you care about my opinion, Goat doesn't disclose his ID, because he wants to avoid having his ass kicked by the people he has screwed over.

And you @Goat, don't pretend that Nefario isn't your lying bitch - since I know very well that he is...
You are counterfeiting bonds and selling them, while Nefario is consciously allowing you to do so, after he had authorized your illegal IPO - these are serious crimes, in basically every country, so you both will likely end up in jail!  Remember the words of the troll. Smiley

Check out gocoin - my original project of full bitcoin node & cold wallet written in Go.
PGP fingerprint: AB9E A551 E262 A87A 13BB  9059 1BE7 B545 CDF3 FD0E
MoPac

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 03:58:06 PM

This is public knowledge. There was massive drama about my not giving Nefario my ID cuz he said he was going to give it to the police.

Also many many many people know who I am and where I live.

Until GLBSE status is made clear I'm being careful. Deal with it...

For my part, I'm not trying to be aggressive or troll; I'm just trying to see where you're coming from -- to understand the downside of giving your ID.  By "until GLBSE status is made clear", I get the impression that you might be afraid that the UK FSA would sic the police on you for unlicensed securities dealings (as unlikely as that scenario may seem). If that's the case, then it seems like the fact that your identity is known by so many people would mean it wouldn't matter whether your ID was on file at the site, although I could also understand you not wanting to have provided it formally.

Is that the scenario that you're afraid of, or is it something else entirely?

If you take legal action against Pirate, then I would imagine that your identity will be on the filings and will be explicitly linked through some manner of affidavit with your control over the GLBSE assets, right? (Okay, so maybe that only comes into play if someone raises the intended third-party beneficiary issue, but that does seem to be what's happening).
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 04:05:06 PM

Because Pirate40 is very concerned about people getting paid back fairly Roll Eyes

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 04:06:29 PM

Yeah. Welcome to the trolling club, p4man! Smiley

If you care about my opinion, Goat doesn't disclose his ID, because he wants to avoid having his ass kicked by the people he has screwed over.

And you @Goat, don't pretend that Nefario isn't your lying bitch - since I know very well that he is...
You are counterfeiting bonds and selling them, while Nefario is consciously allowing you to do so, after he had authorized your illegal IPO - these are serious crimes, in basically every country, so you both will likely end up in jail!  Remember the words of the troll. Smiley

You sound like you think that Pirate fully intends to pay people back, but Goat and Nefario are standing in the way of it.  You're either delusional, stupid, or a sock puppet of Pirates.  Or all of the above.

GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
MoPac

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 04:07:57 PM

Because Pirate40 is very concerned about people getting paid back fairly Roll Eyes

I'm not saying that the issue isn't BS in terms of how it is apparently being used by Pirate, just that Goat seems comfortable having a legal record that involves his identity and his management of TyGrr.Bond-P.  So I'm just trying to understand the root of his not wanting to do AML ID with GLBSE.
piotr_n
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 04:11:40 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2012, 04:27:02 PM by piotr_n

You sound like you think that Pirate fully intends to pay people back, but Goat and Nefario are standing in the way of it.  You're either delusional, stupid, or a sock puppet of Pirates.  Or all of the above.
Whether Pirate intends to pay people back, or not - it has nothing to do with Goat and Nefario committing their crimes, like selling/buying TYGRR.BOND-P bonds against the contract or performing IPO at his "Stock Exchange", even without checking the guy's ID. Not to mention details like stock broker licences and other shit like that, hugely required in both; UK and EU. And I'm sure also wherever Goat lives.. though I know it's somewhere in Asia so the punishments and prisons there are probably even worse... Smiley

Pirate?
He would likely also go to jail, if he broke any law with a serious punishment - but so far, I haven't seen he would...

Check out gocoin - my original project of full bitcoin node & cold wallet written in Go.
Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 04:12:58 PM

I'm not saying that the issue isn't BS in terms of how it is apparently being used by Pirate, just that Goat seems comfortable having a legal record that involves his identity and his management of TyGrr.Bond-P.  So I'm just trying to understand the root of his not wanting to do AML ID with GLBSE.

Sorry, I wasn't targeting your reply specifically.  It's just this whole deal about Pirate suddenly needing IDs (or at least pairing of BTCST account with forum name) is complete horse shit IMHO.  Like he's REALLY that concerned about people getting their fair share hahahah laughable at best.

Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 04:14:54 PM

Whether Pirate intends to pay people back, or not - it has nothing to do with Goat and Nefario committing their crimes, like selling TYGRR.BOND-P bonds against the contract.
Pirate would likely also go to jail, if he broke any law with a serious punishment - but so far, I haven't seen he did...

There's bigger fish to fry.

JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 04:23:12 PM

Pirate would likely also go to jail, if he broke any law with a serious punishment - but so far, I haven't seen he did...
You live in an interesting fantasy world. I'd love to hear your explanation for why Pirate was making 100% payouts, including exorbitant interest rates, to everyone lucky enough to request a payout and then suddenly stopped paying out any funds at all without making any disclosure of the total assets and obligations the funds had. You also might want to read 15 USC 45(a)(1) and 11 USC 548(a)(1)(A).

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
piotr_n
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 04:35:24 PM

You live in an interesting fantasy world. I'd love to hear your explanation for why Pirate was making 100% payouts, including exorbitant interest rates, to everyone lucky enough to request a payout and then suddenly stopped paying out any funds at all without making any disclosure of the total assets and obligations the funds had. You also might want to read 15 USC 45(a)(1) and 11 USC 548(a)(1)(A).
I can answer you, what I think about it, but it would have nothing to do with the topic and BadBear had explicitly forbidden me to get this topic off topic.
So, if you want, start another topic with this question - there it will be legal for me to answer.

Back on topic, now there are 38338 active shares - which means that since the last dividend payment Goat and Nefario sold  far over 10k bonds - each of which they promise to be worth 1BTC + divs, if Pirate does pay out.
Still doesn't ring a bell?
Still you think that "Goat has done nothing wrong"?
If so, then you are so fucking morons Smiley

nimda

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 04:52:52 PM

I can answer you, what I think about it, but it would have nothing to do with the topic and BadBear had explicitly forbidden me to get this topic off topic.
So, if you want, start another topic with this question - there it will be legal for me to answer.

Back on topic, now there are 38338 active shares - which means that since the last dividend payment Goat and Nefario sold  far over 10k bonds - each of which they promise to be worth 1BTC + divs, if Pirate does pay out.
Still doesn't ring a bell?
Still you think that "Goat has done nothing wrong"?
If so, then you are so fucking morons Smiley
The number is rising. Yep. But your interpretation of the contract is merely a technicality; everyone knows that a better wording might have been "each bond represents 1 BTC of BS&T debt" or whatever. Goat can sell up to 40K and still be able to pay back when pirate does.
piotr_n
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 05:01:40 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2012, 05:13:45 PM by piotr_n

The number is rising. Yep. But your interpretation of the contract is merely a technicality; everyone knows that a better wording might have been "each bond represents 1 BTC of BS&T debt" or whatever. Goat can sell up to 40K and still be able to pay back when pirate does.
Merely a technicality - of course Smiley
I'm dying to see if any court would share your opinion.
If pirate does pay out anyone except Goat - oh, it'd just be be such a great show to watch... Cheesy

Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 05:27:16 PM

If pirate does pay out anyone except Goat - oh, it'd just be be such a great show to watch... Cheesy

I don't think that's a scenario we'll have to worry about in the first place.

piotr_n
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 05:33:01 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2012, 05:50:14 PM by piotr_n

I don't think that's a scenario we'll have to worry about in the first place.
Pirate at least still promises to pay back all the deposits, together with up to date 7%/week interest.
And what does Goat promise?
Nothing!
Goat states that Pirate is an evil person, but it doesn't stop him from selling counterfeited bonds, supposedly backed by a BS&T deposit and it's 7%/week interest...

So I wonder how is he going to calculate the final dividends anyway, since the last ones were paid 3 weeks ago, to 27k bonds, and since then he sold 10+k more bonds...
Don't you wonder it as well?
I mean, my BS&T account still gets weekly interests every week - so the bonds you're holding should get theirs as well...
So I wonder where is he going to take the 3+ weeks compounded interests from, for the extra 10+k bonds that he dumped onto the market for pennies, without even depositing those into BS&T.
He obviously must have a better business than Pirate itself, if he can afford to make such kind of commitments  Wink

Tomatocage
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 05:39:59 PM

So I wonder how is he going to calculate the final dividends anyway, since the last ones were 3 seeks ago, to 27k bonds, and since then he sold 10+k more bonds...
Don't you wonder it as well?

I don't wonder at all.  Anything multiplied by 0 is still 0.  Pirate isn't paying back dick.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: