Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:22:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoinica stolen coin returns  (Read 13109 times)
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 03:57:57 PM

Btw we had kings ... for most of our history until we didn't.
And society is worse now than it was with kings. I support monarchy.

I guess as a consequence of cognitive dissonance you now resorted to trolling because I cannot for the life of me take you seriously anymore.

EDIT: btw I'm done with this pointless discussion, in the end Bitcoin is regulated strictly by market consumers and this issue will get sorted out by itself regardless of what any of us individually believe.

And in case anyone wants to get rid of some so called tainted coins, look at my signature.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Polvos

Activity: 597
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 04:01:19 PM

Believe me, you don't support it. Anybody with half brain don't support it. And I know what I'm saying.

Turbor
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

BitMinter

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2012, 05:31:07 PM

"Bitcoinica caused much harm to the value of Bitcoin. They were targeted and destroyed. As sure as Bitcoinica fell, the value of Bitcoin rose. Profit from devaluation surely destroys a currency." AMEN  Roll Eyes

Who said that again? It sounds so familiar...

EhVedadoOAnonimato

Activity: 630

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 07:06:23 PM

the development of an alt-coin (double blinding signing) which makes such registries more such lunacy more difficult to implement.

Are you suggesting it is possible to combine eCash blinded signature with a decentralized blockchain, somehow? In other words, a fully anonymous p2p currency??
Please, explain a little more if that's the case. Perhaps open a new topic about it...
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 10:37:06 PM

As much as it pains me to admit I think this idea of tainted coins will lead bitcoin to it's death.

Me too. Someone should file a bug report to the devs.

The solution, of course, is strong anonymity and not the half-baked pseudo-anonymity scheme bitcoin uses at present ... like real cash (who woulda thunk?)

FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2012, 01:13:57 AM

the development of an alt-coin (double blinding signing) which makes such registries more such lunacy more difficult to implement.

Are you suggesting it is possible to combine eCash blinded signature with a decentralized blockchain, somehow? In other words, a fully anonymous p2p currency??
Please, explain a little more if that's the case. Perhaps open a new topic about it...

Yeah, it would be like magic. I mean Bitcoin is like magic sort of, but no double spending and no trail just seems like fairy tales. Obv I'm very interested if someone can explain how this could be possible.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2012, 01:41:30 AM

Yeah, it would be like magic. I mean Bitcoin is like magic sort of, but no double spending and no trail just seems like fairy tales. Obv I'm very interested if someone can explain how this could be possible.

Either it should be possible or possible to proof to be impossible. Either way this aspect as others said before on this thread is of ultimate importance to the overall success of bitcoin.

As much as I would love to see Bitcoins to be ultimately fungible, if I see somebody tries to buy my goods with 100% stolen coins, I will kick his ass and not accept these coins. If his coins are 1/1000th tainted, i would not start an argument. Still if MtGox officially takes these coins like they were only 999/1000, same would I to my customer.

I'm pretty sure that such measures will never make it into the protocol but likewise I'm sure that we will see clients capable of polling blacklists that at least tell the user a history of some of the coins he's about to receive.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
btccomm

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 02:06:22 AM

As much as it pains me to admit I think this idea of tainted coins will lead bitcoin to it's death.

Me too. Someone should file a bug report to the devs.

The solution, of course, is strong anonymity and not the half-baked pseudo-anonymity scheme bitcoin uses at present ... like real cash (who woulda thunk?)
+1
check_status

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Web Dev, Db Admin, Computer Technician

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 02:21:44 AM

If he really wanna distribute the coins in the robin hood fashion he'd donate to p2pool.
This way the coins would be evenly and most untraceable distributed and it would make p2pool the largest pool.
+18,000 Cheesy

• The government does have the authority to investigate and prosecute these cases

Yeah? Where did they get this authority from? Did we agree to this? Did we give our consent?
The State's authority comes from God, who is the source of all authority and life. God's rights are unlimited, and don't require your consent.
For those who believe not in God, lawlessness already exists.

Bitcoins do have value which can be determined just as assuredly as any painting or antique. Stealing something that can be shown to have value makes the thief liable to prosecution and responsible to the party to repay what was stolen, if proven to be the thief.
If I break into a house and steal some jewelry which I later pawn, the police, checking the pawn shops, will collect the stolen property and not provide any compensation to the pawn shop. The pawn shop must get in line to collect if the thief is ever caught. The pawn shop owner isn't charge with any crime related to the theft.

For Bitcoin to be a true global currency the value of BTC needs always to rise.
If BTC became the global currency & money supply = 100 Trillion then ⊅1.00 BTC = $4,761,904.76.
P2Pool Server List | How To's and Guides Mega List |  1EndfedSryGUZK9sPrdvxHntYzv2EBexGA
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 02:43:23 AM

• The government does have the authority to investigate and prosecute these cases
Yeah? Where did they get this authority from? Did we agree to this? Did we give our consent?
The State's authority comes from God, who is the source of all authority and life. God's rights are unlimited, and don't require your consent.
Rather, for those delusional enough to deny God's existence, they find it easy to also deny the reality of lawful authority.

Daily Anarchist

Activity: 614

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2012, 02:48:25 AM

Rather, for those delusional enough to deny God's existence, they find it easy to also deny the reality of lawful authority.

Armed and violent men in costume does not constitute lawful authority. At least not in my book. If you desire a master like that I'm not going to stop you.

Discover anarcho-capitalism today!
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 02:54:06 AM

Armed and violent men in costume does not constitute lawful authority. At least not in my book. If you desire a master like that I'm not going to stop you.
Whether or not one desires reality, does not make it any less real. I dislike every State operating today, but they are still States with legitimate authority.

Daily Anarchist

Activity: 614

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2012, 03:08:37 AM

Whether or not one desires reality, does not make it any less real. I dislike every State operating today, but they are still States with legitimate authority.

None of them have legitimate authority because all of them are funded through theft. You find me a Defense Agency that is voluntarily funded and you may have some legitimate authority.

Discover anarcho-capitalism today!
ineededausername

Activity: 784

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 03:37:04 AM

herp derp

Sometimes I think the entire fundie luke jr thing is just trolling since you are very intelligent in other ways, but I suppose indoctrination gets to the best of us. 

Also, if God is the source of all authority, God is the source of all violence, which would make him very evil indeed.  Congratulations on justifying the reign of Hitler while you were at it.

(BFL)^2 < 0
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 04:07:03 AM

Homomorphic encryption should theoretically be able to do what you are calling a "fairy tales" ... noone said it was easy though.

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 04:23:20 AM

If he really wanna distribute the coins in the robin hood fashion he'd donate to p2pool.
This way the coins would be evenly and most untraceable distributed and it would make p2pool the largest pool.

Anyone checked the balance of this supposed giveback account, there are like 13coins on there, now that's pathetic.
Actually ... I had a look at that address that Luke-jr gave out

And it is a little interesting:
http://blockchain.info/address/1BPKHoL1sAVnfzxnH38RfXYYcHrEcniUKW

The first transaction to that address (at the bottom) I guess is a test transaction:
http://blockchain.info/tx-index/6244057/b72e2ebcf768dc93781faa31c00c99ea202761c405a53e02e46cd5911f9ea233

Which comes from the IP address 69.178.3.55
http://blockchain.info/ip-address/69.178.3.55

And the first 2 transactions listed at blockchain.info from that IP address are from the addresses:

1) 1L2Xi8ZB3jkgpZsvLjWUexUPAujcGVAqqk
and
2) 1P5mbiNiPhcwhENSpfJdZ4VSwW3R95ySQw

now 1) leads directly back to 2) (2 steps back)
http://blockchain.info/address/1L2Xi8ZB3jkgpZsvLjWUexUPAujcGVAqqk

... and you will get a chain of addresses leading exactly back to

3,488 BTC with lots of sizeable transactions along the way over the past 2 days.

However! If you click on
http://blockchain.info/address/1P5mbiNiPhcwhENSpfJdZ4VSwW3R95ySQw

And follow it 1 step forward (instead of back) to this address where most of it's BTC went:
http://blockchain.info/address/18iWntFfrMo6S5P3BBUg6uDhEarFqhnSn

Which is a very interesting address ... since it has process 49,511.8954335 BTC since 12-Mar ...

So I guess that's either a sizeable transaction service ... or ? Smiley

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
finkleshnorts

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 04:37:27 AM

herp derp

Sometimes I think the entire fundie luke jr thing is just trolling since you are very intelligent in other ways, but I suppose indoctrination gets to the best of us. 

Also, if God is the source of all authority, God is the source of all violence, which would make him very evil indeed.  Congratulations on justifying the reign of Hitler while you were at it.

No! Godwin's law dammit! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law
benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 05:31:26 AM

It's too late.  Luke wins the thread.  He is now your king and lawful ruler... amen.

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
EhVedadoOAnonimato

Activity: 630

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 07:06:46 AM

I found this: http://wbl.github.com/bitcoinanon.pdf

I read it once, and my conclusion is: I'm too ignorant in cryptography.
I just can't understand what's in that paper. I'll search if it has been discussed here already. By discussed I mean explained in a language mere mortals may understand.
shockD

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 07:09:42 AM

thefuck?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: