Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:06:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 400 BTC sent to an unknow address. (COINS RETURNED) 40 BTC reward.  (Read 19774 times)
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 05:20:27 AM

10 characters? How long did that take to generate? Or did you convert a farm to solving a vanityGen for a while? Either way, impressive!

Only "Bowser" was the desired prefix, case insensitive, the rest are random.  In fact I almost don't like it, because "Serbs" is an actual word that detracts from the intended prefix.

If I'd generated that address, I'd change my name to "Bow Serbsen, L.B.E.L."

Haha there would be so many  Shocked's

Glad you got your coins, Goat!

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1135

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2012, 05:46:40 AM

Thanks much!

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 05:55:23 AM

U mad, bulanula? Grin
twobitcoins

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 06:00:03 AM

Got it.  Thanks!
naypalm
Legendary

Activity: 1272
Merit: 1012

afk

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2012, 07:28:59 AM

Wow I am glad this turned out okay, I would have freaked if even 4 BTC disappeared  Shocked

bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 03:21:43 PM

U mad, bulanula? Grin

Why would I be Huh
Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 03:33:12 PM

He did not want to accept service but wanted to get me scammer tag and never see the BTC back.

For the record: smart1985 got all 22.5 BTC of his money back. So did Goat. Both are pretty good success stories that present the community in a favorable light.
bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 03:53:57 PM

He did not want to accept service but wanted to get me scammer tag and never see the BTC back.

For the record: smart1985 got all 22.5 BTC of his money back. So did Goat. Both are pretty good success stories that present the community in a favorable light.

Too bad you did not also get your 22.5 BTC back now ... What a pity !

How is that class action suit going ? I am almost ready to file for harassment, you know.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 05:00:34 PM

Thanks, Goat!

It's hard to believe that we successfully deanonymized an address with almost no information and no legal support. Good job, everyone!

bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2012, 01:29:26 AM

bulnula gave smart1985 the 22.5 finally?

rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
May 26, 2012, 01:32:22 AM

bulnula gave smart1985 the 22.5 finally?
wrong thread homer

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 26, 2012, 02:05:41 AM

Great thread  Grin
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 27, 2012, 08:02:38 PM

this is a cool thread.  good job to Maged, twobitcoins, Xenland, etc who helped figure this out.
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2012, 08:20:30 PM

Great thread  Grin

+1 glad you recovered your coins Goat

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2012, 01:16:56 AM

Thanks for the donation Goat, saw that and was wondering why was that there, then found this thread.

This was actually an old GLBSE wallet, I got the email from Goat and then dug it up from my backups.

Nefario.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
VEscudero
Donator

Activity: 335

Bitcoin, Ripple & Blockchain pioneer

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2012, 11:58:14 PM

+1

Congrats Goat, I really wanted you to recover the coins.
It's been an amazing and stressful adventure with a happy ending.

https://www.vescudero.net   ★ VEscudero's Blog about cybersecurity, blockchain, bitcoin and open source ★
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 11:59:49 PM

Cool the coins are retured, etc etc  but can we lock this so it doesn't keep getting bumped up - it's closed and finished with now. Thanks.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1104

View Profile
May 29, 2012, 12:14:27 AM

Cool the coins are retured, etc etc  but can we lock this so it doesn't keep getting bumped up - it's closed and finished with now. Thanks.

well the last post was from the very person who sent the coins so that is rather relevant, especially as it was him & not goat who decided to send only 400 coins out of the 3,000 as a test tx, personally I find locking threads to often be a pain - much better to let them gradually fade off as some later feedback or similar situations may be of interest to resurrect them, if you're personally done with the little drama then just skip looking at any updated posts np - I do this with many threads, mark all as read when they pop up in the list of updated one's that I posted in

sry for bumping it again  Grin

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
May 29, 2012, 12:17:11 AM

Cool the coins are retured, etc etc  but can we lock this so it doesn't keep getting bumped up - it's closed and finished with now. Thanks.

well the last post was from the very person who sent the coins so that is rather relevant, especially as it was him & not goat who decided to send only 400 coins out of the 3,000 as a test tx, personally I find locking threads to often be a pain - much better to let them gradually fade off as some later feedback or similar situations may be of interest to resurrect them, if you're personally done with the little drama then just skip looking at any updated posts np - I do this with many threads, mark all as read when they pop up in the list of updated one's that I posted in

sry for bumping it again  Grin
I wish I could mark individual threads read without reading them. That would be a good compromise.

Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1104

View Profile
May 29, 2012, 12:18:38 AM

sry for bumping it again  Grin
I wish I could mark individual threads read without reading them. That would be a good compromise.

yep, we all wish to be able to un-follow threads that we once posted in without having to go back & delete all our posts in it to do so, one day maybe  Smiley

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: