Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:09:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Announce] Chromecoinomy  (Read 607 times)
LightRider (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2012, 01:08:23 AM

https://github.com/Azulan/Chromecoinomy

A Google Chrome extension/plugin/thing that locally and privately tracks a user's website and media consumption of participating Bitcoin economy content providers, and presents the gathered data to the user. The user can use this usage data to help determine consumption patterns and inform bitcoin donation decisions. Content providers will likely have to add a metatag or similar line of information indicating their participation, how they wish to be identified/recorded on the user's database, and a donation address for the associated content.

I've never created an extension/plugin/thing before, so it will be a long time until anything remotely useful is available. But I like technical challenges, and this is one of the first ideas I've had regarding the usefulness of bitcoin in general, and am increasingly frustrated that no one is implementing this kind of ecosystem building infrastructure/browser tools.

Please let me know how much the idea sucks and how I am totally failing at implementing it properly.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: