Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:23:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spark | X11 | BTer/Bittrex/C-CEX | PoW/PoS | Exchanges | Roadmap |  (Read 108562 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dacoinz

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 04:10:53 PM

Hate to say it, but could it be another coin from the infamous Carsen Klock?

LOL, no. Just some kid that doesn't know how to code and prob read some tut on how to clone an alt... I called it before, the guy couldn't compile a mac wallet.. red flaggggggggggg

not every dev works on mac and knows how to compile a wallet for it mate, most real devs stick to linux but can also compile on windows, rarely on mac
it's not much different from os to os.. and a osx virtual machine is easy to setup.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Crypto_Junkee

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 06:15:44 PM

watching https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=834910.0

what you guys think? looks like a dev that can deliver and actually write code.

Yep....guess this is where I'm going next.
TMoney508

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 06:55:09 PM

I still think the Mantis dev is the Spark coin dev. Now that the coin is forked he will probably abandon it.

Mantis dev and Spark dev both couldn't compile Mac wallets and their main developments include some kind of interest rate system.

Ann Header for Mantis:
[MNS]|Mantis|X11|PoW/PoS|MantisReward|MantisUI2.0|MantisChat

Ann Header for Spark:
[ANN] Spark|X11|PoW/PoS|BTer|Launched|UPDATED|Job Opportunities

He keeps the premine intact...Mines before the launch and then dumps

From the earl review:

* MODERATE: Somewhat unfair launch. Reports of source being released after binaries, and the official pool before source was released

bitcoinbboyce

Activity: 156

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 06:59:16 PM

Well well well, pretty obvious bag of shit to play with hope you didn't get burnt.
CryptoStoner

Activity: 80

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 07:12:55 PM

I still think the Mantis dev is the Spark coin dev. Now that the coin is forked he will probably abandon it.

Mantis dev and Spark dev both couldn't compile Mac wallets and their main developments include some kind of interest rate system.

Ann Header for Mantis:

Ann Header for Spark:

From the earl review:

* MODERATE: Somewhat unfair launch. Reports of source being released after binaries, and the official pool before source was released

If you look at the time the first blocks were mined on POW, and the launch time and difficulty rise, it's perfectly on launch time. Also dev denied being mantiscoin dev, and showed no signs in posts of trying to give promises/ get rid of coins.Also a looot of devs have had problems with compiling a mac wallet, that does not prove much. We also never saw any significant dumps. The absence atm is worrying but there still might be a reasonable explanation. Suprnova keeps hashing at 2gh/s which is surprising for a ''dead'' coin.
I saw a lot of people accumulating this coin, so it would be dumb if he messed it up before pow ended. Don't forget people could have real life emergencies as well
SnjafSnjaf

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 07:27:10 PM

Ann Header for Mantis:

Ann Header for Spark:

From the earl review:

If you look at the time the first blocks were mined on POW, and the launch time and difficulty rise, it's perfectly on launch time. Also dev denied being mantiscoin dev, and showed no signs in posts of trying to give promises/ get rid of coins.Also a looot of devs have had problems with compiling a mac wallet, that does not prove much. We also never saw any significant dumps. The absence atm is worrying but there still might be a reasonable explanation. Suprnova keeps hashing at 2gh/s which is surprising for a ''dead'' coin.
I saw a lot of people accumulating this coin, so it would be dumb if he messed it up before pow ended. Don't forget people could have real life emergencies as well

Anyway it would be shame to let this coin die since it had such support and interest...
edschroedinger

Activity: 84

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 07:29:29 PM
Last edit: October 29, 2014, 02:46:30 PM by edschroedinger

...the guy couldn't compile a mac wallet.. red flaggggggggggg

to some it might as well be a red flagg...gg if he could  Roll Eyes  
...go son, count how many coins (still in existence) came up with a self compiled mac wallet when going online (yup, not a bounty wallet)... you'll be surprised how many red flags you'd have to order...

even if superficially osx and linux (as well as other *nix oses) are, lets say close cousins, because they're both say 'derived' or 'amazingly precise remembered ways of the conceptual implementations that are in the following all re-invented from scratch and not just refurbished kernel code stemming' from unix, they are really a completely other world for a developer if not used to. And it's looks even more impressing to me to get it together propperly under windows. users of linux based os'es hardly ever posts things like 'uhm, how do I by all means get a binary of that stuff??? help, how compile teh stuff!1!!' as it's a common task to compile your binaries so they match and are optimized to your arch. and that is, most of the time (ok, or use a lazy ass bin pkg often available for the more popular softs/archs). I'm not used to coding on mac myself (d'oh objective c... redrum redrum...) and know only one hardcore mac dev in person but comparing the average linux user and the average mac user i'd say the latter are the lazyass bin pkg people knowing as much about compiling as the average windows user. open to be proved wrong.  

... so, ok ... osx has quite more in common with linux based os'es than eg. windows but go ahead and try to compile something that's a wee bit more elaborate than 'helloworld.cpp' on both os'es and tell me your experiences... I had mine and that mentioned mac coder I know showed me some amazing pitfalls Wink
There's not much developers around feeling home on linux, mac & windows alike on system level... after a while they know how to get their things done on the none-home systems and there are enough known names among programmers that I wanna see you aproaching with an attitude like 'you're worth a red flag 'cos you cannot compile that stuff on this or that other os in the first place' Cheesy

that is in no way an excuse for anything else, especially not the all so dreaded where's-waldo-game some dev's tend to play, just to clean up with something like 'cannot compile on mac = all signs on red / bad dev / scam' ... thats obviousy utter bull.

AreThereAnyFundamentalThingsThatWouldFit50chr?NOPE
bitcoinbboyce

Activity: 156

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 07:41:24 PM

Where is dev  Huh Huh Huh

edschroedinger

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 07:47:10 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2014, 07:59:01 PM by edschroedinger

Where is dev  Huh Huh Huh

...find the right spark

Ann Header for Mantis:

Ann Header for Spark:

simply bored? or suffering sherlockitis? ...i don't comment on that compile thing more than: this is just a very common 'coincidence', simply cope with that. it's like seeking someone with say 'red' or 'grey' hair... and the amazing similarity of the ann headers are THE hint? ...oh c'mon..
and even if he or anyone else would have had a gazillion coins... tell me where to savely exchange them without any... wait... wait... EXCHANGE???
I feel like I'm talkin on behalf of that dev right now, which in no way is the case... but blowing such bullshit smoke doesn't help no one with nothing...  

Rigsuss

Activity: 124

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 07:52:15 PM

so far

are there some good news for the coin.?

CryptoStoner

Activity: 80

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 07:56:17 PM

Suprnova still rocking 3GH/s , dunno if this is a good or bad sign
edschroedinger

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 08:10:10 PM

Suprnova still rocking 3GH/s , dunno if this is a good or bad sign

...I closed my wallet, now it isn't starting anymore... up to this mmt. all transactions went smoth from suprnova... the pool is rocking but who knows what happens... I tinnk a statement from bittrex or bter (they went completely beyond my recognition) finally could give some real answers

until that happens everything else could savely considered speculative.

and of course not making the slightest move to inform the community in about 3 days now in my eyes isn't to be excused with anything less than taking whole bittrex to shreds but not with fixing a forked blockchain... if however there is just one person from bittrex involved for just half the time it would have been way cheaper to refund all trading parties and drop that fork... was just a few btc moved after the fork, peanuts compared to assuming them fixing like hell 24/7 Cheesy 

sempyper

Activity: 269

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 09:09:04 PM

another inside job by bittrex. how convenient all these random newbie account coins get added by bittrex before they even have a roadmap.

bittrex-richie you were payed to list this coin.

this keeps happening, your just scamming your own users. at least pretend to not pick scam coins. getting obvious.
edschroedinger

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 09:35:24 PM

another inside job by bittrex. how convenient all these random newbie account coins get added by bittrex before they even have a roadmap.

this keeps happening, your just scamming your own users. at least pretend to not pick scam coins. getting obvious.

you're kidding, aren't you? at least you'd better pretend to...

...given the case you wouldn't just joke around that would mean you assume a high frequent marketplace like bittrex that strip off 10fold the value, spark made in trading volume over the whole lifespan, just in fees on trading action with various mainstream and venture coins over say an hour or so..., a platform used by multipools and trading robots, having disabled dusttrades since ever, taking new and ventourous coins but not as if they have to and closing the market on announced time when conditions havent met (if you have good arguments, they maybe keep a coin for some time longer but it will be a long cold day in hell before they take it up again once dropped)... you honestly believe, they spend time to think about making peanuts by ripping off some newb traders by conspiring with scam coin devs...

...I suggest you first throw your TV out of the window... just for the sake of your future... and then give yourself some time and think again...

sempyper

Activity: 269

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 09:37:42 PM

...given the case you wouldn't just joke around that would mean you assume a high frequent marketplace like bittrex that strip off 10fold the value, spark made in trading volume over the whole lifespan, just in fees on trading action with various mainstream and venture coins over say an hour or so..., a platform used by multipools and trading robots, having disabled dusttrades since ever, taking new and ventourous coins but not as if they have to and closing the market on announced time when conditions havent met (if you have good arguments, they maybe keep a coin for some time longer but it will be a long cold day in hell before they take it up again once dropped)... you honestly believe, they spend time to think about making peanuts by ripping off some newb traders by conspiring with scam coin devs...

...I suggest you first throw your TV out of the window... just for the sake of your future... and then give yourself some time and think again...

either they are being payed 5btc per coin add, or they just dont give a fuck and add brand new newb account coins with no proof of developer because fuck you thats why

if your in the crypto world, you have a bitcointalk account. all this scamming could be stopped by bittrex simply not adding newb account coins. 90% of them are scams.
Jookly
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 10:01:39 PM

either they are being payed 5btc per coin add, or they just dont give a fuck and add brand new newb account coins with no proof of developer because fuck you thats why

if your in the crypto world, you have a bitcointalk account. all this scamming could be stopped by bittrex simply not adding newb account coins. 90% of them are scams.

Honestly you sound like you have no idea what you are participating in.  Was there actually some point where you believed Spark was going to be around for a long time?  I just don't get it.  The whole idea is to sell it for more than you bought it for.  Not to mention it is completely optional to participate.  Bittrex is awesome for adding new coins.  They provide a vital service to the community.
edschroedinger

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 10:16:55 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2014, 11:04:40 PM by edschroedinger

now, how much a PoD actually is worth, by means of providing some security to the investment that needs to be issued from the community, should be beyond any need of beeing discussed any further...
...and don't forget, Bittrex is what? right, it's a trading platform. so the main interrest is what? trading... right. to achiev a good trading volume and frequency each pool needs to make decisions which coins to accept and which not. and as bittrex isn't necessarily the smallest of all known market places, it indeed takes as well some responsibility for the selection of coins or it would naturally risk driving his traders away. so for sure If there's some negotiations, there will be sort of an evaluation of the market potential and thus the expected trading volume that coin might generate. there is for sure as well some sponsoring involved and I think you can safely assume, that bittrex would easily shit upon 5btc without even noticing it, if they would see any risk for their marketplace (like ignoring it being an obvious scam which in case of spark doesn't apply). they do a lot to keep traders from leaving or getting distracted by stale or empty markets. THAT is the important capital, not like lousy 5btc. simple as that. bittrex is not the coin police and responsible for background checking and investigating on the developers above the usual and obvious... and I'm sure you wouldn't do so either, because beyond that, the responsible traders EVERYTIME need to evaluate their own risk... the marketplace isn't your mama and won't stop you pumping all your coins into crap or hand you a paper to wipe your tears after losing your cash... a casino won't do so as well... when it comes to spending and how much, it's ALL up to the trader, each and every trade. and guess why... trading only works in one simple way: some pay, some get. period.
so, if there's no independent quality assurance registration or certification alliance or the like, that looks under the rugs and gives some deep quality investigation cert that's widely accepted and respected, forget about that. you're a trader, you're responsible. no crying in football and daytrading.
I'm sure I'm save to assume that if someone would make a tremendously good purse after leaving at the bottom of a dump with all the scamcoins sold to some other whosoevers that willingly gulliped the bait, he wouldn't go and file a complain about that... right?
...eg. some whosoever still is buying SRZ... remember... pure zombification of a coin. maybe it's suarez himself Cheesy (got me ~.5btc over time for some instamine minutes every now and then when div bottomlined after coin was long time gone and buried. da ubiaman wok pun im Wink )

btw. ~95-99% of all new altcoins are - if looking at them objectively - intended only for moving captial from one trader to another, while leaving some slices at the trading tool they use, all commonly known als marketplace... some of them turn out to have some long term potential and how that develops over time depends on a blend of a lot of factors - yet, a responsive transparent and actively careing developer could be the one foundation and for sure will be a crucial showstopper, if remaining absent or silent in a situarion like we have here.

btw. there's some yet to be deeper established system making save peer to peer trades while not needing a dedcated external marketplace (like eg. spark or saffroncoin still do a.o. even if they have achieved a more or less close integration into the wallet).
I'm talking of bithalo/blackhalo which provides a comcept of trustless smart contracts for direct exchange which would render escrow agents or trading platforms unnecessary (to an extent). http://blackhalo.info/

crimealone

Activity: 644
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:20:23 PM

Another scam Grin

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
crimealone

Activity: 644
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:24:24 PM

Why a newbie's coin like this can be listed by bittrex and bter at the same time?

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
edschroedinger

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 12:09:37 AM

yes, thanks for the useful comment...

...bored?

--

btw. is anyone actually able to sucessfully start the windows client (and keep it running for longer than a couple seconds?)

...if it's already open, you might want to keep it like this as it might not come up a second time...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: