Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:26:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 3D MMO mining pool game -- Prototype-Development Phase [Looking for modelers]  (Read 2126 times)
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 05:59:00 AM
Last edit: May 20, 2012, 09:22:43 AM by Xenland

Ive been wanting to build a mining pool game that would be either 2d or 3d. The main plot would be every currency has collapsed on it self and now every player must contribute to te network by mining bitcoins (or working for bitcoins).you can explore the world, drive cars, get married, yada,yada. mostly a game to socialize and virtually mine bitcoins that reflected the real world.
So its really like a social game to invite friends in and teach how bitcoins works with out attending a bitcoin seminar or watch a video that flashes info too quickly to comprehend, but also it would be an adventure game.

So in the beginning there would be basic mining farm building and maintaing and being able to view friends farms , then as the game gains popularity it can be upgraded as it grows to faclitate all the more advanced features i mentioned above. Any one can utilize this idea. Its public domain.

The game should be cross browser compatible, and multiplatform compatible most importantly the games engine should not be ran on a proprietary engine to keep progress going with out waiting on any legal documents to go through. I know some java and would think the a java solution would be best becuase of smart phone and tablet porting would sound like a snap. JMonkeyengine looks good however i have reason to believe its got plenty of bugs still but im most likely just not using java correctly. Anyways consider this free discussion im just laying down a foundation for a point we can all start from. So whats your two cents?

everything below this line will be the specs decided on the game -- everything above this line is to keep the history of this thread making sense

Game Engine of choice: Unity3d | Found at http://unity3d.com
Game Type: Undecided, First person, Third-person.
Game Plot: You are a protagonist that is awaking in a world were political and greedy powers have ruled the world in the mist of their greed of political decisions they forgot that what goes up, must come down... and so the entire economy of every colony collapsed and when the dust settled Bitcoin was still their running on solar powered panels so the debt was dropped to zero for everyone and now each individual must work their way up to provide for them selves(and for some their families as well!)
Game Source Code: https://github.com/Xenland/MineMMO

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
whiskers75

Activity: 658
Merit: 502

Doesn't use these forums that often.

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 06:57:56 AM

Great idea!
Hope this becomes a reality.

Elastic.pw Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
CecilNiosaki

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 07:27:21 PM

I'd try taking a look at Unity. I would imagine that the Unity platform would work out quite well for what you envision.
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 08:39:54 AM

Unity is really good and had been on my mind. The only problems i have with it are that not too many people trust downloading new things. I actually single handedly made a Unity3d FPS shooter game and got pretty far the only issues I had was that the bullets didn't shoot correctly and that unity3d dosen't natively support MMO's so we'd have to incorporate some kind of socket server for the game to communicate with -- just some things to think about when choosing an engine.

If I can find a team that is familiar with Unity3d or Jmonkeyengine I would love to get started on the MMO game asap. Monetizing off the game to keep the servers running would be formulated after the game is there and ready to be published.
Icoin

Activity: 585
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2012, 09:15:55 AM
Last edit: May 10, 2012, 09:32:59 AM by Icoin

what about building it on opensimulator ?

It furfills all the needs you meantioned its even json capable...
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/User:Vegas_Silverweb/LSL_to_JSON

http://www.mining4lindens.com/ does mine bitcoins since more then a year but they pay out in linden dollars. I suggest to use p2pool! Its not realy needed to build everything again since many components for this project are allready avalable..

regards from the old miningfarm days

Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 08:26:50 AM

what about building it on opensimulator ?

It furfills all the needs you meantioned its even json capable...
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/User:Vegas_Silverweb/LSL_to_JSON

http://www.mining4lindens.com/ does mine bitcoins since more then a year but they pay out in linden dollars. I suggest to use p2pool! Its not realy needed to build everything again since many components for this project are allready avalable..

regards from the old miningfarm days
I'm not quite sure thats a direction that can be built upon (maybe i just don't know enough about it) -- I wouldn't know where to start or let alone lead a project for open simulator.
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 08:30:59 AM

Thinking about the pros and cons -- if worst comes to worst and I got a team and all my developers dropped off the face of the earth(<insert omni-potent entity here> forbid that wont happen to anyone).. going on the path of Unity3d would ensure the project could have a chance to completing any code contributed to the project. Unity3D it is!
Now we shall require the name of the city this story takes place...

I think i named the video game MineMMO (Pronounced Mine Mo  -- may be the 2nd version of the game can be named Mine Moar) just thought it up at the top of my head I don't mind to change it not one bit. I'm declaring this project open source on github so everyone can collaborate: https://github.com/Xenland/MineMMO
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2012, 07:42:01 AM

This project is going to need some modelers so we can have custom characters. -- Modelers wanted -- Experience in Unity3d or modeling in applications that can consistently translate to unity3d filetype, required
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2012, 09:22:25 AM

I might have a working prototype here in few days (no networking or server of course) that will display a mining farm operator purchasing rigs and upgrades and receiving virtual goods
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: