Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:56:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I created a simple BTC merchant processing solution  (Read 1911 times)
687_2 (OP)

Activity: 173
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 05:19:26 AM

Live demo: http://fullstack.ch/btcbox/

Feel free to drop some Satoshis in there to see the different images (all SFW), and contribute to the code on Github  Grin

Source: https://github.com/jswebdevel/btcbox

Background:

This is a stand alone system for accepting Bitcoin as a merchant. It requires a small amount of PHP/HTML/MySQL knowledge and a server. I built this in response to increasing demands for private information by third party processors, which creates barriers to entry for many merchants who may not even possess such information. It could also help merchants to rapid prototype business ideas at very low cost. Thanks to several members of this forum for code samples, one function I copied verbatim from here.

I plan to deploy this system in a more commercial environment in the near future. Hopefully some people find it useful/interesting for their own purposes - whether it is for education or commerce.

Buy the dip with the security and privacy of your own wallet: use cross chain atomic swaps to trade Bitcoin, USDT, and Ether. Trades are secured and settled on-chain. https://sibex.io
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Miracal

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 12:59:28 PM

Most of ppl know nothing about coding thing. That is why associated services are offering to them. The payment processors such as coinbase are popular to them.
EnzoBlaque

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 09:03:04 PM

If you're verifiably good at coding, i have something similar but more profitable for you to sink your teeth into. It's a payment processor but better. send me a pm. loads of $$$ involved btw
RagnarDanneskjold

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 11:40:14 AM

Live demo: http://fullstack.ch/btcbox/

Feel free to drop some Satoshis in there to see the different images (all SFW), and contribute to the code on Github  Grin

Source: https://github.com/jswebdevel/btcbox

Background:

This is a stand alone system for accepting Bitcoin as a merchant. It requires a small amount of PHP/HTML/MySQL knowledge and a server. I built this in response to increasing demands for private information by third party processors, which creates barriers to entry for many merchants who may not even possess such information. It could also help merchants to rapid prototype business ideas at very low cost. Thanks to several members of this forum for code samples, one function I copied verbatim from here.

I plan to deploy this system in a more commercial environment in the near future. Hopefully some people find it useful/interesting for their own purposes - whether it is for education or commerce.

nicely done, forked it

LOL @ Thanks buddy, you're cool! img

git  |  | ID
'Bitcoin is the progress toward a society of privacy. The savage’s whole existence is public, ruled by the laws of his tribe. Bitcoin is the process of setting man free from men'
zebroid

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2014, 02:01:49 PM

Hey , thanx for this - a nice starter script to play with and maybe hook into a simple plugin for a downloads site.
 Wink
obale

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2014, 09:37:20 PM

As far as I can see you have to click on the button, in order to check if an amount was paid. During a hackathon we have developed a similar system. It automatically detects incoming transactions and notifies the frontend. The development time was minimal.

Do you plan to extend this code? A few ideas are:

• Integrate with (own) bitcoin network monitoring node and notify the web frontend via socket.io (no busy waiting)
  • Support (simple) invoices with a fixed (or dynamic) amount.
  • Support HD wallets and use only the extended public key on the server side (no need for the MySQL database, at least not for bitcoin addresses).
BlackMarket

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 09:12:32 PM

thank you, this is help me  Wink
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 07:33:43 PM

This is a nice project, except that you have to spend some of your BTC to try it out. How about giving the user the choice of giving his own address? (Everybody has several addresses).

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
687_2 (OP)

Activity: 173
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 04:33:10 AM

As far as I can see you have to click on the button, in order to check if an amount was paid. During a hackathon we have developed a similar system. It automatically detects incoming transactions and notifies the frontend. The development time was minimal.

Do you plan to extend this code? A few ideas are:

• Integrate with (own) bitcoin network monitoring node and notify the web frontend via socket.io (no busy waiting)
  • Support (simple) invoices with a fixed (or dynamic) amount.
  • Support HD wallets and use only the extended public key on the server side (no need for the MySQL database, at least not for bitcoin addresses).

I was not aware of socket.io, what a great find! I was using Wt to accomplish the same thing for another project; socket.io seems far more practical.

Can you explain how you would use the extended public key on the server? I was planning to build the next version of this project using Python and Redis, but it would be great to just use Python/socket.io to do everything without a database...I just don't know how you'd safely generate a key pair on a public-facing server.

Buy the dip with the security and privacy of your own wallet: use cross chain atomic swaps to trade Bitcoin, USDT, and Ether. Trades are secured and settled on-chain. https://sibex.io
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: