Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:27:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Give bitcoiners 2.0 functionality  (Read 2254 times)
futurist

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 11:56:43 PM

On the NXT AE you can currently trade BTC, LTC, BTCD, DOGE, VIA, BC, with others in the pipeline.

http://multigateway.org/

I myself have had enough dealing with the risk of centralized exchanges.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BTCmoons

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 02:41:05 AM

I don't think “Bitcoin 2.0” means what you think it means.

extra features and technology on the blockchain?

Yeah, that's NOT Bitcoin 2.0. That's just technology built on top of Bitcoin, but not Bitcoin itself.

Bitcoin is currently at version 0.9.3 (Bitcoin Core, the reference client).
The OP is referencing an altcoin, something very similar to colored coins, or colored coins themselves. In reality, they have very little to no extra value above what bitcoin can provide, as there is a very small subset of "things" that can be traded via colored coins.
box0211

Activity: 165
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 02:49:38 AM

I've been in the crypto space for some quite some time and I honestly must say I have seen many many coins come and go. Some are very innovative and even have fair distribution, but they still do not catch on due to many factors. It's really the active developers creating the truly innovative stuff that stands out at the end.

Bitcoin will always be the gold in my eyes and i'm sure everyone else as its what everyone knows about. Given a few more years we'll see that there will be a few main coins competing for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place marketcap coins. I believe NXT will be in one of these competing coins.

It's pretty mind boggling what nxt has built so far while it gets all the trolling it does. I too was trolling on nxt in the beginning as I thought it was just all talk about what they wanted to do and the fact that only 75 people initially started it out. But overtime I just don't care about the distribution anymore, because if NXT keeps at this pace and keeps on building out this feature set, people will just come for the features and not the coin itself. A very good analogy that someone mentioned is, poker. There are gamblers out there that want to play poker, they dont care what currency it is, because at the end of the day they will just cash it back out to USD or BTC.

I don't care about the NXT coin itself, I'm just with NXT on the features they have developed so far.

It's quite crazy that NXT has the first production ready decentralized marketplace while open bazaar is just still in testing.
okbitcoin

Activity: 32

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 05:33:41 AM

NXT is ahead of you i think,!
legit-seller

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 06:10:24 AM

Great Point . Enjoyed .......................
R2D221

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 06:21:26 AM

I've been in the crypto space for some quite some time and I honestly must say I have seen many many coins come and go. Some are very innovative and even have fair distribution, but they still do not catch on due to many factors. It's really the active developers creating the truly innovative stuff that stands out at the end.

Bitcoin will always be the gold in my eyes and i'm sure everyone else as its what everyone knows about. Given a few more years we'll see that there will be a few main coins competing for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place marketcap coins. I believe NXT will be in one of these competing coins.

It's pretty mind boggling what nxt has built so far while it gets all the trolling it does. I too was trolling on nxt in the beginning as I thought it was just all talk about what they wanted to do and the fact that only 75 people initially started it out. But overtime I just don't care about the distribution anymore, because if NXT keeps at this pace and keeps on building out this feature set, people will just come for the features and not the coin itself. A very good analogy that someone mentioned is, poker. There are gamblers out there that want to play poker, they dont care what currency it is, because at the end of the day they will just cash it back out to USD or BTC.

I don't care about the NXT coin itself, I'm just with NXT on the features they have developed so far.

It's quite crazy that NXT has the first production ready decentralized marketplace while open bazaar is just still in testing.

I agree that you can recognize that other coins have innovative features, but people also need to understand that they are not Bitcoin. They may be better than Bitcoin, but (or actually, thanks to that very reason) they are not Bitcoin.

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
tss

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 06:44:57 AM

post relevant. 
im 419.
how many accounts can i buy and how many shills can i create to push agendas and make money?
thank you for your time.
abstream (OP)

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 08:53:06 AM

I am sorry if my words are confusing, I just wanted to get a feedback on the functionality proposed and it is all of the benefit of anyone using bitcoins.
Yes, you are right , I am on alternative blockchain, therefore separated from bitcoin and I would like to create a "bridge"  so bitcoiner can benefit of it.

Well, as far as I know, these alternative blockchain technologies are not that useful to the Bitcoin community (I just want to spend my bitcoins, you know).

*** you can spend them just like i proposed - you can invest in real companies on the asset exchange.

Speaking of alternative blockchain, Ethereum will have it's own blockchain, separate from Bitcoin ,yet it is considered a Bitcoin 2.0 technology...what I am trying to say is that this is really new and people do have different point of views...

Still, no. Ethereum is Ethereum. It's not Bitcoin 2.0 in any sense.

I know what you mean and you have your own reasons for that but please understand that there are people outside the bitcoin community and they have different understanding of bitcoin 2.0.
abstream (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 09:02:08 AM

post relevant. 
im 419.
how many accounts can i buy and how many shills can i create to push agendas and make money?
thank you for your time.

First, you need to buy some NXT with BTC ( that would be available within the app )
Then, you need to issue an asset on the Asset Exchange market - basically you are saying how many shares you want to issue, what is the price of each asset and what
are you giving to shareholders - ownership,dividends.

If you have a good IPO, many guys will be interested - you can fund and grow your project.
That's what many guys are already doing on NXT AE, that's what I am doing.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 09:19:02 AM

Well, as far as I know, these alternative blockchain technologies are not that useful to the Bitcoin community (I just want to spend my bitcoins, you know).

Yes, we know. You just want 10'000$ price to cash out. And alts is the main obstacle on a way to this ultimate goal.
cexylikepie

Activity: 779

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 03:54:07 PM

wow, everyone shit on op so hard when he just came to help.
tss

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 06:10:54 PM

you think he came to help?  who?  its another nxt shill

op has no clue on the basics they're talking about and you think that he will develop a decentralized market and exchange

(cough cough.. open bazaar)
abstream (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 07:28:45 PM

op has no clue on the basics they're talking about and you think that he will develop a decentralized market and exchange

One guy got that right - I came to help.

I do not need to deliver the decentralized exchange  - it is already delivered, thousands are using it, you could of ask for that and I would of inform you.
It's a live market with capitalization of 15-20 million dollars already, so please cut the ignorance. I will just develop a mobile up that accepts bitcoins and give the bitcoiners
interface to use what is already there.

With regards to the technology  term - open your mind, this is not necessarily  a bitcoin term, it's a Cryptocurrency term and it does not necessarily  include bitcoin at all.
I already mentioned Ethereum as a bitcoin 2.0 technology - there are some quite serious people behind that are you going to tell them that they do not know what they are talking about?!? Bitcoin 2.0 is a better cryptocurrency ecosystem , it may or might not use the bitcoin blockchain, this is now a wider term not connected to your internal bitcoin versioning. I do not mind taking notes from smart guys , when they are right I just think that you all have to step up out of your comfort zone and  look for new possibilities.

regards.
sadface

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 07:34:25 PM

its already there for quite some time now. maybe you should take a look around every now and then.
Daedelus

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 09:27:37 AM

*OP*
I think Mastercoin is way ahead of you.  But thanks for trying.  Go help those guys finish their good work on Bitcoin 2.0.  It should be coming fairly soon.

If you like the technology, maybe buy a few shares while they are insanely cheap.  In three years, this stuff is going to be worth millions.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

This whole thread is fascinating... I never knew it was like this.

Forget CP/MSC, Nxt has 75% of the top 20 crypto assets trading > https://coinmarketcap.com/assets/

Forget Open Bazaar in the future, Nxt Freemarket is here and trading in beta (Digital Good Store for electronic assets like digital books, music etc. is already on the Nxt Mainnet and trading)  

Anyone for Multigateway, decentralised inter crypto trading? (also a product being used and not 'in three years' time)

Then you have pan crypto projects like SuperNet and Automated Transactions breaking down the barriers between blockchains and enabling simple inter chain transactions.

I agree that you can recognize that other coins have innovative features, but people also need to understand that they are not Bitcoin. They may be better than Bitcoin, but (or actually, thanks to that very reason) they are not Bitcoin.

Even though it might be inferior, only bitcoin can succeed because everything else that is superior isn't bitcoin so they have to fail? I think he is serious....  Shocked

Daedelus

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 09:32:09 AM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

This thread is FANTASTIC!  Cheesy

JackCelere

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 09:59:37 AM

Well, as far as I know, Bitcoin technology is not that usefull to the human community (I just want to spend my dollars, you know).

Seriously, I don't see your point.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: