Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 08:58:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] Synereo: A fully decentralized social network owned by you  (Read 41498 times)
zxbball

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 08:59:09 AM

look at twister,it's great,but no monetization model
bitdwarf

Activity: 406

The cryptocoin watcher

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 09:09:52 AM

Posting to watch.

𝖄𝖆𝖈: YF3feU4PNLHrjwa1zV63BcCdWVk5z6DAh5 · 𝕭𝖙𝖈: 12F78M4oaNmyGE5C25ZixarG2Nk6UBEqme
Ɏ: "the altcoin for the everyman, where the sweat on one's brow can be used to cool one's overheating CPU" -- theprofileth
spud3861

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 09:23:27 AM

Looking good.

TB2YQ4-H73NTI-V3UVRT-WFAJXR-BUSECT-XE4A4L-27FY
erwin45

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 09:56:37 AM

Its not often I'm impressed by anything...especially stuff/projects announced on here.....

I'm impressed.

If this is the real deal, well done!!

Not convinced on the model of AMP's, but from a social engineering and tech side, looks great!

I'll be keeping my eye on it Smiley

agree im impressed, watching this closely

McAndy

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 01:19:30 PM
Last edit: October 19, 2014, 01:44:21 PM by McAndy

Hi
Dor told me to say hello, so here I am Smiley

I also want to elaborate upon a very important concept that may have gone missing in that huge blob of text.
It's not one that makes Synereo awesome from a technical or benefit-for-society perspective, but the one that enables Synereo to become a mainstream platform.

It is our job to make the B2B aspect of Synereo work. Businesses and advertisers are the ones that give AMPs their value.
Our attention is worth a lot of money. And it's being sold to the highest bidder (literally, just google RTBhttp://lmgtfy.com/?q=rtb) without any of the users seeing a dime.
With Synereo's model, we simply remove the eventual beneficiary (publicly traded corporations collecting the revenue generated by advertising) and redistribute it to the users.
This has benefits both businesses and users - just think of the advantages of having advertising money funnelled directly to the target audience. And it's a heaven for non-profits as well, since everyone in the system have AMPs to spend and pay for the distribution of content they care about.

Btw, Dor just finished hosting a panel at Bitcoin TLV with  David Johnston(MasterCoin), Vitalik Buterin (Etherium), Stas Oskin(Counterparty) and others. He will be at the conference all day today and tomorrow - you are more than welcome to walk up and to talk to him with any questions or ideas you may have.

You can also talk to the team & get updates via http://www.facebook.com/synereo and http://www.twitter.com/synereo (yes yes ironic, we know)

Nd
Zombier0

Activity: 435

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 04:08:46 PM

Very interesting

kamronk

Activity: 297

Bitcoin is to money what the internet was to media

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 06:38:45 PM

I didn't see the current bounties being offered, will they be up soon? Or possibly are they being held back until the pre-sale is over?

The best place for all bitcoin newbies
http://bitcoinintroduction.com/
Bungeebones

Activity: 178

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 07:03:13 PM

Very interesting. The privacy and the retention of ownership by the content providers are the two goals I like best. I've been working those same concepts within a web directory system but I have some reservations about whether you need your own alt coin though. You may have it right but I haven't seen the light on that aspect. I'm really interested in how it turns out.

So far I've opted for a "pseudo alt coin", instead, that acts like an alt coin within my own system but lacks the transferability of it's own distributed block chain. In other words, it's not totally trustless, nor decentralized YET (but I am heading that way). In response to the decentralizing purists and in perfect agreement of getting as un-hooked from those privacy pimps as we can I borrow a sales concept from some distant sales experience I've had that uses the idea of reducing something "to the ridiculous" to make a point. The idea of my "pseudo coin" is that you only use it for storing small amounts. Don't store up your life savings in it but, instead, quickly get it all the hell out of the system as quickly as possible. Think of it like a Starbucks gift card. You want it for convenience and a little cost savings, that's it. SO I just pegged it to Bitcoin. You can buy in with Bitcoin and you cash out your earnings as Bitcoin but, again, don't let the earnings accumulate or you are doing so at your own risk.

What constitutes the right amount to leave in such a system? Depends on usage right? There were times when I've had a balance remain unredeemed on a Starbucks card for a long time without sweating it because I knew I would get there eventually and then, again, there were times when I was using Starbucks as my office where I was running through the balance a lot quicker.

I am not much of a social butterfly/network person and Facebook never really appealed much to me but I like what you are doing here.

windpath
Legendary

Activity: 1258
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 07:26:07 PM

Interesting stuff...
lolilo

Activity: 34

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 08:03:54 PM

Looks very nice. Following.
comando

Activity: 193
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 10:17:18 PM

This looks very nice. I will follow this thread Wink. btw, did you guys get the logo from F5designStudio?

http://www.f5designstudio.com/#!Synereo/zoom/cbzl/image1mty
McAndy

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 11:31:18 PM

This looks very nice. I will follow this thread Wink. btw, did you guys get the logo from F5designStudio?

http://www.f5designstudio.com/#!Synereo/zoom/cbzl/image1mty
Yeah
We had quite a few iterations, eventually one of their F5's designers helped us create the logo and the visual language used in all Synereo symbols you see now.

Nd
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 05:50:35 PM

So your idea is based on the network to function on advertisement, but you miss one huge point, users don't want advertisementRoll Eyes

How can you call it decentralized and advertise on it at the same time ?
windpath
Legendary

Activity: 1258
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 07:24:35 PM

So your idea is based on the network to function on advertisement, but you miss one huge point, users don't want advertisementRoll Eyes

From what I have read, the model suggests paying the USER for their attention. I imagine lots of people would be interested in seeing the ads if they are compensated for their time...
Elokane (OP)

Activity: 817
Merit: 1000

Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 07:28:25 PM

From what I have read, the model suggests paying the USER for their attention. I imagine lots of people would be interested in seeing the ads if they are compensated for their time...

... especially if those advertisements are actually interesting to them, as they were pertinent to their fields of interest; to "areas" on the network they've paid much attention to.

Synereo: liberating the Internet from abusive business models.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.
<br>
McAndy

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 07:02:40 PM

Hi
Just wanted to let you know that you can now follow our progress (as well as read posts by various team members) at http://blog.synereo.com/.

Since taking the project public we've been working on expanding the team and continuing Synereo's development while taking into account the barrage of feedback we receive in the process. Seriously, feedback is important. We want to hear your wants, the do-not-wants and just ideas, things that you consider to be overlooked in both existing social networks and Synereo's specs.

Nd
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 08:34:48 PM

interesting, watching!

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
litecoin111

Activity: 205

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 10:24:30 PM

When is IPO?
KrLos

Activity: 768
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 10:31:36 PM

Interested...