Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:55:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EPESO] - E-Peso Initiative | Philippine Government-backed  (Read 69280 times)
juicejoyce
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 08:33:35 AM

When will we see the Faucet?
what's the next plan of dev team after the free distribution?

It seems they still need to finish the giveaway for the Filipino communities then everything will be rolled out from there;

Free giveaway is done here and we're about to wrap up the free giveaways in another Filipino crypto community. We'll inform you where we have been.
when will the giveaway for the Filipino communities  finish?
hope the dev has a clear roadmap.

.Ambit.    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
   Become part of the mining family   
✔ SECURED  │ WHITEPAPER │  ★ 171% ROI
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
darkslash

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 10:27:49 AM

when will this be ready for trading
karmala

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 11:01:05 AM

you can trade allready at the decentralized exchange in the clearwallet

Telgram messenger with attention economy http://r.getgems.org/m/TuJXXBal9o
darkslash

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 11:11:50 AM

yeh its worth nothing
ElTomeko27

Activity: 371

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 11:33:29 AM

yeh its worth nothing

True but EPESO distribution was free and it needs some time to be valuable...
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 05:19:10 PM

Right, and I'm not sure how that would ever happen.

If a government entity wants to create a Crypto currency that is official or somehow tied to or backed by their actual currency, they aren't going to BUY some existing tokens.

They are going to issue Tokens and require that they are purchased with Fiat pesos. They would have full control over the tokens population.

So, that said, I'm pretty sure this would be a prof of concept token which the apps, etc, are written to use. But, if those assets are accepted/acquired they would be switched to the officially backed government token.

If the Dev thinks or implies that these tokens would become the actual tokens I really think he is mistaken. If anything, the Gov't would "pay" him for any Software that he creates which they could then brand, sign, and tie to their official currency asset token. They also might hire him to help maintain/enhance any other infrastructure they require.
karmala

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 10:10:56 PM

If a government entity wants to create a Crypto currency that is official or somehow tied to or backed by their actual currency, they aren't going to BUY some existing tokens.

They are going to issue Tokens and require that they are purchased with Fiat pesos. They would have full control over the tokens population.

So, that said, I'm pretty sure this would be a prof of concept token which the apps, etc, are written to use. But, if those assets are accepted/acquired they would be switched to the officially backed government token.

If the Dev thinks or implies that these tokens would become the actual tokens I really think he is mistaken. If anything, the Gov't would "pay" him for any Software that he creates which they could then brand, sign, and tie to their official currency asset token. They also might hire him to help maintain/enhance any other infrastructure they require.

This is a test case for the clearinghouse protocol on top of viacoin. Not a get-quick-rich scheme.

Mig-23
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 02:41:55 PM

total coin?
PoW or PoS?
PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 06:09:44 PM

total coin?
PoW or PoS?

It is neither PoW or PoS, it is a Clearinghouse asset. The population can be changed by the asset issuer.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 06:10:57 PM

This is a test case for the clearinghouse protocol on top of viacoin. Not a get-quick-rich scheme.

Exactly, it isn't a get any money at all scheme. Thanks for putting on one sentence what I put in 4 paragraphs.
karmala

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 09:50:19 PM

This is an honest project. It might very well derive coin value later on.

BTCwriter
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 11:34:34 PM

LOL
Vendettacoin

Activity: 147

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 06:47:39 AM

another two accounts not in use?

gomei

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 07:14:40 AM

total coin?
PoW or PoS?

It is neither PoW or PoS, it is a Clearinghouse asset. The population can be changed by the asset issuer.

any update from the dev team?
no news.

.Ambit.    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
   Become part of the mining family   
✔ SECURED  │ WHITEPAPER │  ★ 171% ROI
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
karmala

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 10:12:21 AM

hello devs, how are you doing? Please give a live sign.

bigeliphant

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 07:28:00 PM

Will this be the main page when the coin goes up? I'm going to follow this every week day by day. Shocked
bigeliphant

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 07:50:04 PM

Will purchasing viacoin make me e-peso's? Huh
ePesoInitiative (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 10:44:05 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2014, 11:02:23 PM by ePesoInitiative

Hiya, gimme a few more and I have another forum where I can give it away for free. I can't say which one since I'm just a member, but there are some pretty big hitters there, and a whole bunch of pinoys as well.

Let's talk about it later on. We still need to do something else.

When will we see the Faucet?
what's the next plan of dev team after the free distribution?

The faucet is still under development, which has taken most of our time. In fact, we may have to ask for more budget from our government client. Our main problem is how to discern if the wallet recipient is Filipino. Also we plan to send out epesos to 10,000 to 100,000 addresses.

After the distribution, we plan to test how holders will use epesos in a local environment (for example, one village). However we need to build simple infrastructures in order to enable that (over-the-counter exchanges, merchant acceptance, etc). We have been studying Hullcoin, so we look at that for guidance.

I've been reading the threads here at Bitcointalk. It seems the culture here is to acquire as much crypto-currencies by mining or by purchasing large amounts in order to "dump" to unsuspecting buyers. I'm sorry to say that exchange listing is the least of our priorities. We want this to work.

The congressional bill calls for 1 billion units, not 100 million units. If the government adopts epeso, they will probably issue 900,000,000 units more. Being an internet money, no entity can control its migration. The Philippine government can only guarantee 1 epeso per 1 php exchanged within its borders and its banks, but they cannot control its exchange outside its borders or in the internet.

Like we stated in the OP, we or the government may/may not compensate beta-users of epeso. We don't know. However, if the cost of building new infrastructures for a replacement token is greater, then, who knows. For example, total value of infrastructures built is $400,000, then every 250 epesos is equivalent to one US dollar (why start from scratch?).

The software is already paid for. We don't hold the rights.

UPDATE:

We are still developing the faucet aimed at distributing to Filipinos. The free distribution have been slower at the other online community. It seems that most crypto-enthusiasts are already here in this forum. In that light, we will probably need to explain the concept of crypto-currencies to other Filipino communities.

If you're not happy with the free epeso given, I suggest you return it so we can give it away to someone else willing to participate.  

karmala

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 11:18:37 PM

Thanks devs. There are not only trolls in crypto. Keep on the good work!

pigheadbig

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 01:42:17 AM

Thanks devs. There are not only trolls in crypto. Keep on the good work!
thanks for update from the dev,
it is better to have a good communication between us.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: