Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:16:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitShop, Creating an ebay like website that accepts bitcoin?  (Read 922 times)
iluvbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 09:53:36 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2015, 12:39:57 PM by iluvbitcoins

Since the fall of BitMit I was thinking of starting a website where you could sell your stuff for BTC

I'm now interested to see is there demand for it?
So please, share your opinions

My idea is not only to accept BTC, but Payza,Payeer, SolidTrustPay etc.
Since years back, I found myself searching for shops that accept following processors

Consumers would be able to buy using the following methods and BTC, sellers would get BTC

I was also thinking about introducing an affiliate program, a serious one, our community hasn't seen yet (I think)

Since ebay, amazon etc. all have 10+% fee on the value of a sale, of course I want to have lower fees
I would set it to around 8% to enable this

People would be able to embed codes of products listed in the shop on their websites, and generate income if a sale occurs

Affiliate income would start at 4% and build up to 6% per sale!
There would also be a referral program, if you invite someone who succesfully sells something, you will constantly get 1% of each sale value

Prices would be displayed in $ because of other processors, and buying with them would occur additional fees (for example 4% +0.3$ for PayPal aka. the transaction fees)
I would set up an automatic bot that would purchase the amount of bitcoin that has been spent on an item using PayPal/Payza/STP etc. , and withdraw the funds later on

Purchases would also be possible with Credit Cards
For purchases with bitcoin and other irreversible currencies, sale money would be held in escrow (on the website) for 30 days or until feedback is left by the buyer
For sellers with good feedback and a lot of sales, escrow time would slowly decrease to up to 10 days for bigger amounts, and less for smaller ones

Looking for a signature campaign.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iluvbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 12:30:41 PM

So many opinions Cheesy

jdeepee

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 01:34:56 PM

Isnt this website idea kind of like this: https://cryptothrift.com/  This website also only has 2.5% fee`s.
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 02:10:10 PM

Since the fall of BitMit I was thinking of starting a website where you could sell your stuff for BTC

I'm now interested to see is there demand for it?
So please, share your opinions

My idea is not only to accept BTC, but Payza,Payeer, SolidTrustPay etc.
Since years back, I found myself searching for shops that accept following processors

Consumers would be able to buy using the following methods and BTC, sellers would get BTC

I was also thinking about introducing an affiliate program, a serious one, our community hasn't seen yet (I think)

Since ebay, amazon etc. all have 10+% fee on the value of a sale, of course I want to have lower fees
I would set it to around 8% to enable this

People would be able to embed codes of products listed in the shop on their websites, and generate income if a sale occurs

Affiliate income would start at 4% and build up to 6% per sale!
There would also be a referral program, if you invite someone who succesfully sells something, you will constantly get 1% of each sale value

Prices would be displayed in $ because of other processors, and buying with them would occur additional fees (for example 4% +0.3$ for PayPal aka. the transaction fees)
I would set up an automatic bot that would purchase the amount of bitcoin that has been spent on an item using PayPal/Payza/STP etc. , and withdraw the funds later on

Purchases would also be possible with Credit Cards
For purchases with bitcoin and other irreversible currencies, sale money would be held in escrow (on the website) for 30 days or until feedback is left by the buyer
For sellers with good feedback and a lot of sales, escrow time would slowly decrease to up to 10 days for bigger amounts, and less for smaller ones

I think it is a great idea and would love to help if you need any help.
iluvbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 04:37:26 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2015, 05:48:10 PM by iluvbitcoins

Isnt this website idea kind of like this: https://cryptothrift.com/  This website also only has 2.5% fee`s.

It's a bare minimum of what I have planned

With only buy/sell, no serious affiliate program and no other payment processors

I think it is a great idea and would love to help if you need any help.

I might contact you when it's time  Smiley

jdeepee

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 06:35:00 PM

Okay I am interested in hearing some more about the idea. Contact me if you are looking to take it forward, I may be able to help Smiley
melisande

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 06:40:04 PM

websites like  https://cryptothrift.com are already offering such services but all I think you can do is to stand out and make your own website services different especially in the area of security and fees.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: