Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:23:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Demise of BitPak  (Read 8509 times)
Boussac
Legendary

Activity: 1220
Merit: 1015

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2012, 09:27:29 AM

Was it hosting the block chain in the app? Maybe AT&T and Verizon said get rid of it because of data or something.
No, we got the same answer from Apple. We're using the appeal process, for the second time, we got stonewalled the first time.
We're not excluding a lawsuit since, as paying customers (developer licenses are not free) we believe we are entitled to either :
 - get told where the legal issue resides,
 - OR get an official developer guidelines update explicitly stating that Bitcoin is not cool on the AppStore (which would mean lots of press!)

Have you heard anything back from Apple on your second appeal attempt?
No the appeal process proposed by Apple is a joke: it's meant to be a waste of time for the small player who is not sitting on one hundred billion in cash/an unlimited amount of time like Apple does.

They say they will call you and when they do, you end up talking to a trainee whose mission is to explain to you that you are f&@#d.

The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2012, 11:24:07 AM

Connection issues...

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2012, 11:26:20 AM

Bitpak rocked and I'm sad to see it go. Could you resubmit it as a secure, verifiable pgp based broadcast  message delivery app?

You could spin it as a numeric string sending program and have screen shots of vanity addresses like 1Comboxyz containing an 8 digit string for a locker combination. I do this already. It's really handy and I never have to worry about backups!

Change the app name to batpik ad company to arminous megacorps...get a new developer membership and never mention bitcoin et voila...they will be none the wiser!

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
Bitware

Activity: 926
Merit: 1001

weaving spiders come not here

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 08:43:37 AM

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jonmatonis/2012/06/13/why-apple-is-afraid-of-bitcoin/

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: