Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 10:25:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do I get these comments on my blog?  (Read 1487 times)
Distribution (OP)

Activity: 711
Merit: 500

Fight fire with photos.

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 10:03:59 PM

I get these weird comments, from people with almost certainly fake names, who list their website as really weird things (like an article on having different leg lengths). Is there an SEO reason for this? Why do I get these? An example of this is: "I have been browsing online more than 3 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It is pretty worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all site owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the net will be much more useful than ever before." From Donna Duenes,  in Vietnam. I accept them (even if it's just false flattery) but why are these there?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 10:23:20 PM

I get these weird comments, from people with almost certainly fake names, who list their website as really weird things (like an article on having different leg lengths). Is there an SEO reason for this? Why do I get these? An example of this is: "I have been browsing online more than 3 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It is pretty worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all site owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the net will be much more useful than ever before." From Donna Duenes,  in Vietnam. I accept them (even if it's just false flattery) but why are these there?

Not sure about SMF, but for vBulletin profile links (blog module included, I suppose) were treated as Follow links, and thus carried some SEO weight.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Distribution (OP)

Fight fire with photos.

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 10:34:37 PM

Not sure about SMF, but for vBulletin profile links (blog module included, I suppose) were treated as Follow links, and thus carried some SEO weight.

I'm not sure I understand.
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 11:25:57 PM

Perhaps they had links that your blog software filtered out?

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Distribution (OP)

Fight fire with photos.

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 11:32:18 PM

Perhaps they had links that your blog software filtered out?

Well, I've had spam comments with links. Those didn't get approved. But when anyone posts, they have the option of putting their site in the form. And all of those weird comments include a website. Many of the websites don't work though. And I'm just trying to figure out if this is an SEO scheme they're attempting or something else. In addition, they mostly seem to be centered on one post I wrote on zone focusing. It has five comments. I almost believed they may have been real, but they all have mismatched European names (like Millicent Shreves) and all the IP addresses are in Asia.

EDIT: I see what you're saying now. They wanted to post with comments, but were prohibited from doing so directly by Wordpress and went through the approval process instead using the form. So essentially you're saying yes, it's an SEO scheme.
Distribution (OP)

Fight fire with photos.

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 11:53:22 PM

Another question, does having these comments help me with search engines?
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 12:03:51 AM

http://scrapebox.com

'nuff said
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: