Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:47:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [BOACC] Bank Of America Crypto-currency  (Read 5499 times)
NILIcoin (OP)

Activity: 638
Merit: 530

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 06:44:17 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2015, 08:08:43 PM by NILIcoin

It's rather sobering to see the degree to which people are dominated by casual misperceptions.

The OP's coin is satirical.

... it's just a tad unfortunate that the satire is somewhat misdirected.

The patent application makes not one single mention of the blockchain.

All BOA seem to be doing is getting in first, asserting a claim to be able to optionally use their current system to route wire transfers via existing cryptocurrency networks when reliability/time/control factors are an economic factor.

Seems quite a sensible and logical business move. There doesn’t seem anything to satirise, really. Or anything to twist knickers.

I boiled down their graphic, for clarity and imported the key commercial advantages from the text:

's just another app that makes calls on the API of a (dynamically-selected) cryptocurrency in order to effect wire transfers of fiat. In the BOA model, the  cryptocurrency simply acts as a carrier for any run-of-the-mill wire transfer, BOA’s system instructs the exchanges on the fiat-to-crypto-and-back conversions and makes the final delivery of fiat to the recipient.

The really valuable take-home is a US retail bank’s sober assessment of the advantages of using cryptocurrency, a useful arrow for the quiver of anyone making a cryptocurrency business pitch.

Cheers

Graham

I am very impressed Graham
but I think you might be wrong on some point
AS hmc note in our irc conversation on tauchain , BoA try to patent a triangular transaction using crypto.
I think that the fact that we all do it using the crypto exchange networks without patenting it can prevent them to claim this as patent. it has been done now for a long time and they should never be allowed to patent something other created and used  using opensource code.

I can see the benefit of having them realizing crypto as some useful use-case for them , but taking it all the way to patenting is a crime. it is appropriating effort made by an entire community of early adopters who took the risk and invested in it. if anything, Bank of America should be order by curt to pay dividend for each bitcoin holder if the bank start  using crypto at all.

But since this will never happened in our system of governing we can force them to do it by making their coin first.

Potentially if we get into the market of coins using their logo and creating wealth on a cryptocurrancy carrying their name; they will have to buy it eventually. They will not be able to get us off the air any other way.
But  for this to happened this crowed have to realize that and buy the coin
(or create better one under the same name)

Also who ever make a coin using BANK of AMERICA name  and logo have to know that they are not vurnable for getting sue. I have established myself in that regard. and I am protected to some extent.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 07:57:44 PM

That's an info
http://www.coindesk.com/bank-of-america-cryptocurrency-wire-transfer-patent/

But my question is What is your relation with BANK OF AMERICA ?
I assume you are at most their customer or clean the bank  Grin

LOL!!! now that funny chit
NILIcoin (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 08:04:44 PM

That's an info
http://www.coindesk.com/bank-of-america-cryptocurrency-wire-transfer-patent/

But my question is What is your relation with BANK OF AMERICA ?
I assume you are at most their customer or clean the bank  Grin

LOL!!! now that funny chit

I aim at clean the bank from some of its assets. so I hope.
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 12:36:17 AM

Well I guess that is time to declare this now due to Lack of interest.:

RIP
NILIcoin (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 08:51:22 AM

RIP

Yes,  I guess no one really get these things I do, so they end up having no value. or in your words, just rest in peace.
But it might just get a second life and will be celebrated one day.
You know. I actualy truly forgot about making this coin and that thread. It was made as a reaction to that BOA move to patent blockchain tech. I mostly concentrate my effort on the Coca- Cola coin and the Disney Coin but they too are failing in term of value.
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 09:36:48 AM

RIP

Yes,  I guess no one really get these things I do, so they end up having no value. or in your words, just rest in peace.
But it might just get a second life and will be celebrated one day.
You know. I actualy truly forgot about making this coin and that thread. It was made as a reaction to that BOA move to patent blockchain tech. I mostly concentrate my effort on the Coca- Cola coin and the Disney Coin but they too are failing in term of value.

Its due to high number of coins launched in the past, Even on the last two month almost  2 coins for day were launched, Considering 2014 and 2015 were a bad stage, A reduction process is now in process, Trend was that a same developer launched many coins moved for the fever, I remember a guy that launched like to 20 coins on another forum basically using  the same  parameters only changing the name and obviously his coins failed quickly . So how to a dev sometimes is better think left some projects to avoid lost time and money , The same must apply to miners, Pools  and some exchanges, Etc that could to participate on that reduction process.

NILIcoin (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 01:23:10 PM

The US Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO) published 10 patent applications yesterday that were filed by Bank of America in June of last year.
http://www.coindesk.com/bank-of-america-patents/

I think it is time for us to take over  Bank Of America  IP to show them the power of a decentralized system.
And lets start here. If we will start trading coins named as the Bank Of America and using the official logo of the company it can get really interesting.

kerhso

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

🌟 LAToken ICO - August 22, 2017 🌟

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 01:28:18 PM

Where trading market?

LATOKEN  ●  TRADE REAL ASSETS IN CRYPTO  ●  JOIN ICO NOW
SLACK  |  TELEGRAM
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
NILIcoin (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 05:51:52 PM

Fuck Bank Of America

Private Blockchains?!!!

Switzerland to hold referendum on banning private banks from creating money
You should all be following this https://www.rt.com/…/327118-switzerland-money-banking-refe…/

and that http://www.swissbanking.org/en/stellungnahme-20151201:

I cant stop LOL. eventually it will be the banks that will save us from them by creating their own coins (or other blockchain based financial instruments). Whether to deal with some future laws like the Swiss sample, or in case the states will not back them up for default like they did in Iceland .

Nice scenario right there. .. .The banks are getting prepared for D day and by doing that they will break the monopoly they hold by law on creating money. once the banks will start issue whatever financial instruments over the blockchain the game is over. and the state monopoly is gone for ever.!!!!!! And so is the credit abuse that is based on that monopoly
bf4btc

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

Smoke weed everyday!

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 06:07:23 PM

Big scam here. I'm out and you all should be too.
Fuck the big banks.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████▄▄▄█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
█████████████████████████████████