Bitcoin Forum
September 20, 2024, 04:47:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How does one become a Bitcoin entrepreneur?  (Read 5829 times)
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2012, 04:49:17 AM

A good Bitcoin-entrepreneur, needs to be a leader. Someone who has good moral standing and can make decisions.

When you have a start-up, you are living, eating and breathing your work. It becomes your baby, its like raising a child

Realize that your not just selling your start-up, a Bitcoin entrepreneur is also selling Bitcoin,especially to investors.

Take a look at Paul Graham's essays,

http://paulgraham.com/articles.html

-Charlie

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
weex
Legendary

Activity: 1102
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 05:00:33 AM

Actually, this thread has me thinking of an idea...

A website to match up Bitcoin idea-makers, programmers, and venture capitalists.  An idea-maker might post up that they have an idea, but need a programmer and 1000 BTC.  Or, a venture capitalist might post up that they have 20,000 BTC available to invest in good ideas.  Then, people looking for ideas to invest in, or programmers to program, or venture capitalists to badger, can browse through the listings and see what's what.

Only problem is, how would you prevent people from stealing ideas once they know about it?  A programmer could say they want to work on a project, get the details on the idea, and then just go do it himself without giving any credit to the original guy.  You could mitigate some of that with patent protection, but not every idea is patent-able, and not everyone who has an idea has the money to patent it.

Y Combinator does this. I'm not sure how they prevent stealing ideas though. Anyone?
I imagine a combination of realizing ideas aren't all that and NDAs.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: