Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:26:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 [256] 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure  (Read 1103256 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
atcsecure

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 07:34:27 PM

We have our blocks and not looking to profit any time soon.

"not looking to profit any time soon"...or ever for that matter...

See what happens when you involve Bobsurplus in your plans, Dan?

More lies from a troll shillaccount!!! Bobsurplus isn't involved any of my plans or any plans related to any project I'm involved with..

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
synechist (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 07:39:13 PM

Banned.

Don't post here again.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 07:50:09 PM

DHT

- Distributed Hash Tables: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distributed_hash_table

So you're not going to use true P2P anymore?

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
atcsecure

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 07:57:09 PM

We have our blocks and not looking to profit any time soon.

"not looking to profit any time soon"...or ever for that matter...

See what happens when you involve Bobsurplus in your plans, Dan?

More lies from a troll shillaccount!!! Bobsurplus isn't involved any of my plans or any plans related to any project I'm involved with..

The truth of the matter is that I protected Blocknet from Bobsurplus and his pump scheme that he was attempting.  ** Numerous people came out of the wood work when I launched Blocknet, trying to get involved either for greed or to scam or to FUD **

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 08:07:51 PM

DHT

Huh? We never claimed that DHT isn't true P2P.

What we did claim, however, is that RPC calls aren't a true P2P protocol. I think you got confused there.

(Also, we will use serverless DHT.)

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 08:18:30 PM

DHT

Huh? We never claimed that DHT isn't true P2P.

What we did claim, however, is that RPC calls aren't a true P2P protocol. I think you got confused there.

(Also, we will use serverless DHT.)

ohhh???

2. I'm also curious about the p2p claims that are written. Maybe I'm missing something here and if you could enlighten me I would appreciate it. But SuperNET is using an implementation of Kademlia for p2p nodes, which is the same technology that Bittorrent is built on and as far as I know using such a protocol would quality as 'true p2p'.

Kademlia... that's distributed hash tables, aka DHT. DHT uses servers to lookup and locate nodes. Therefore it's not truly distributed, thus not P2P.
In contrast, the Xnode protocol, upon which the XBridge is based, is completely serverless in operation and truly distributed.

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 08:22:48 PM

ohhh???

Kademlia

You may have failed to notice that the post that you quoted does not assert that DHT isn't true P2P; it asserts that Kademlia - and whatever else Bittorrent uses - isn't.
If I happened not to add, for completeness of expression, that some DHT is serverless, that doesn't mean we're now using a method that isn't true P2P.

With respect to DHT, being serverless is what counts as far as I'm aware.
With respect to inter-node communication, using a P2P protocol and not RPC calls is what counts.
Lastly, it'll benefit you to recall that Dan has proposed a hybrid DHT-mesh.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 08:37:14 PM

ohhh???

Kademlia

You may have failed to notice that the post that you quoted does not assert that DHT isn't true P2P; it asserts that Kademlia - and whatever else Bittorrent uses - isn't.
If I happened not to add, for completeness of expression, that some DHT is serverless, that doesn't mean we're now using a method that isn't true P2P.

With respect to inter-node communication, using a P2P protocol and not RPC calls is what counts.

Oh my bad, this was the part I think you think you thought it wasn't, I think?

Kademlia... that's distributed hash tables, aka DHT. DHT uses servers to lookup and locate nodes. Therefore it's not truly distributed, thus not P2P.

I think the benefit here, for you, is that what you're doing is done so you can do what you do best which is twisty fluff like the best of them.

atcsecure

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 08:42:15 PM

ohhh???

Kademlia

I think the benefit here, for you, is that what you're doing is done so you can do what you do best which is twisty fluff like the best of them.

Thats not the intent at all, we are working at getting some stable p2p code available for testing, the exact FINAL spec's are not decided yet.

stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 08:44:59 PM

ohhh???

Kademlia

Lol post of the week.

Just out of curiosity. There are so many coins involved with blocknet. Why is it only the xc dev and xc pr talk in here???  Where are the other coin devs and other coin community members?
mxxxxxx
Legendary

Activity: 2310

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 09:03:11 PM

Lol post of the week.

Just out of curiosity. There are so many coins involved with blocknet. Why is it only the xc dev and xc pr talk in here???  Where are the other coin devs and other coin community members?

We are here, don`t forget that we are working constantly on improving and delivering new features for our communities too

Cheers

cryptico

Activity: 700

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 09:06:28 PM

ohhh???

Kademlia

which part of serverless DHT you do not get..and stealth still trolling here? you are pathetic trolling XC related stuff since may. you really trust Dark though since you do not loose one to attack competitors. What if Dark will join blocknet? Will you go outside Evan 's home trolling his family for 5 years?

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
spookycoins

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 10:09:21 PM

There should be some sort of award for having to deal with ignorant FUD accounts.
Best advice is to just ignore them.

That's me on twitter --> @spookycoins
WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196

Fibre Knight

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 10:18:37 PM

Bob Surplus (lol)

I am both honored and offended.

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright
pinkman12345
Legendary

Activity: 1070
Merit: 1021

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 10:36:50 AM

I'm confused. I am not a troll as i have invested quite heavy (for me personally) into BLOCK. But... i can not see how the decision of buy walls at 25k on both polo and trex is such a tough one to make? Here are my reasons:

1. You obviously believe that BLOCK will succeed, so, putting large buy walls there would only be temporary loss of BTC in your funding pot.

2. Anyone who has invested will have at least a small percentage of proof that this is not a scam and that you have faith in your own project.

3. I have read that other people are behind this buy wall at 25k idea. If nothing else this would make a lot of people rest easy on this thread.

Please don't accuse me of being a FUDster as i am not, i just think the 25k buy wall is a no lose idea (obvs if you believe that BLOCK is going to succeed) so i cant see how this is such a hard decision to make.

itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1075

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 10:47:51 AM

Please don't accuse me of being a FUDster as i am not, i just think the 25k buy wall is a no lose idea (obvs if you believe that BLOCK is going to succeed) so i cant see how this is such a hard decision to make.

Since you do not post "Blocknet to the moon!" hails you are automatically a FUDster, and if you think anyone will now exchange his BTC for Blocknet @ 0.00025 rate you are also naive. Those BTC are not coming back to the exchanges.
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 11:23:13 AM

No Itod, pinkman12345 is not a fudster.

However (s)he would be mistaken in thinking that we find the decision whether to put up a buy wall a tough one. Not sure where that idea came from.

Can I ask you, Itod, to post constructively in future? Your post are almost always denigrating, and there's no need for that.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
delulo

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 12:30:36 PM

Thanks for your answer so far.
You have used a lot of terms that are unknown to me:
Xnode protocol

- The protocol that XCurrency nodes use to communicate. It's end-to-end encrypted and completely serverless.

XBridge

- The protocol that all Blocknet-enabled nodes will use to communicate, across different blockchains.

Telehash

- http://telehash.org/

DHT

mesh

- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesh_networking

interim wallet

- We have released regular PoS wallets for holders of Blocknet tokens to use.
- This is only for the interim period between the ITO and the launch of the Blocknet's technology.

If I would want to invest I would need two things:
1) A document that explains
a) what specific / consumer oriented end-product you want to achieve

The OP should do this adequately, but I can put it in a sentence if you like: the Blocknet makes the features of every altcoin integrated into it a service rendered to every participating coin. That said, it's not directly consumer oriented; it's an infrastructure. The apps/wallets that developers create will be consumer-oriented.

b) how you want to achieve it technically: Explained as detailed but at the same time as easily as possible (NO hiding behind fancy words)

You can start with this post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=829576.msg9296247#msg9296247
And then move onto this post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=829576.msg9306600#msg9306600

2) A presentation of the whole team where all relevant team members are publically known.

Dan Metcalf's identity is public, and so is mine: http://xc-official.com/the-xc-team/
When the foundation and team is formalised, you can expect more people's identities to be made public (though not necessarily everyone's).

Do you have such documents yet? Have the marketing material / and marketing terms been prepared before the technology / concept has been prepared?

Yes, the marketing has been prepared before the technology. The terms of the ITO entail funding first, code later. Presumably anyone not happy with this proposal didn't buy Blocknet tokens.

I am not getting any wiser here...
What is the problem and how do you solve it?
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 12:37:12 PM

The problem:
"Cryptocurrency projects share a common dream. It is of a future free of central control and the abuses of liberty it engenders... But cryptocurrencies today function as isolated islands, with separate blockchains, nodes and users. As such, our innovations have limited usage, and one project’s advances cannot generate revenue in other networks. Further, this isolation saps resources if multiple projects develop solutions already created by others. While each project on its own is valuable, our combined technology and development skill is priceless."

The solution: an inter-blockchain application platform enabling each coin's features to function as services on every coin's apps.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196

Fibre Knight

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 12:48:06 PM

The problem:
"Cryptocurrency projects share a common dream. It is of a future free of central control and the abuses of liberty it engenders... But cryptocurrencies today function as isolated islands, with separate blockchains, nodes and users. As such, our innovations have limited usage, and one project’s advances cannot generate revenue in other networks. Further, this isolation saps resources if multiple projects develop solutions already created by others. While each project on its own is valuable, our combined technology and development skill is priceless."

The solution: an inter-blockchain application platform enabling each coin's features to function as services on every coin's apps.

I don't think you can explain it any better.

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright
Pages: « 1 ... 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 [256] 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: