Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:27:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure  (Read 1103256 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
tx42

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 05:43:31 PM

Then why did you let a third party determine the exchange rate?

Because it's their responsibility to exchange the coins for BLOCK.

We'd have a conflict of interest if we determined the price.

This is pretty glaringly obvious IMO.

How would there be a conflict of interest? Coingateway takes a percentage of the value of the transaction. They could value this transaction in terms of the tokens and have no uncertainty. Then you could set the exchange rate. And if you had done that, you could share the valuation function with us.

There'd be a conflict of interest for us because we could set an algorithm that guaranteed we'd rake in the maximum amount of altcoin per BLOCK.

What? If you shared the algorithm later, people could verify it with their own transactions and see if they got shafted later.

The incentive would be for you to be fair because any unfair algorithm would hurt the value of the coin later when the algorithm was revealed.

[edit]

Hiding the algorithm or claiming that you have no control over it appears as if you have something to hide.

This again x100.

There would be no conflict of interest if you guys came up with the algorithm and shared it with us after the ITO ended on coingateway. This would allow people to verify their transaction to see if they received the correct amount of BLOCK. Also, the fact that you guys don't know the algorithm worries me. Who's to say coingateway didn't "set an algorithm that guaranteed [they'd] rake in the maximum amount"?

Exactly.

Blockchain and crypto technologies have the capacity to make game theoretic systems like this "provably fair".

Why these coin developers didn't think about this aspect is beyond me.

Let's get on the program. It's time to quit being amateurs.

█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
..EARN FREE BREAKOUT COINS SIG CAMPAIGN LIVE !!
█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptico

Activity: 700

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 05:43:39 PM

Anyway Arlyn is too shady to do not share the algoritm with the people that bought them.

The price was just changing according to the current price of the alt in 10 min there was a 500 block difference on a 3000 XC buy.

The algoritm was said to be calculated on an avg of prices over a period of time. None was thinking that that period of time was form the begginning to the End of the ITO. It should have been for example from the announcement day till today.

You would have released a fixed price for all coins and that was what we were getting. The price was not fixed. This was another messed up thing that happened during this morning and people ended up getting less blocks for their alts. Meaning More Alts for the faundation.

Now if you wanted to start with the wrong foot you did it. Now it looks shady....unfortunately.

Plus there is the 10% discount mess up. Plus Xcash mess up. Plus XST people sayng they were not able to buy in from the beginning.

You have many things now where the fudders can fud UNFORTUNATELY.

UNPROFESSIONAL.

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
qawzsx

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

NOT FUD! FACTS!

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 05:44:19 PM

You MUST tell to Poloshietx to close the market, so that people cannot sell BLOCK until ITO ends.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 05:45:11 PM

Can someone clear some things up for me.. I just woke up and was taking a look at blocknet and I see that poloniex has opened trading and blocknet is now selling there for less then the ito price and less then it is on bittrex.

Is that just a fuckup on Vern's part or was that how this is supposed to work?
There are 2mln BLOCKs (worth 500 BTC at ICO price) from coingateway that were converted from alts. People are free trade these on Polo and Bter but not Bittrex.

Well you guys are doing this ass backwards. You cant have an open live market selling the ITO for 3K less satoshi and expect Bittrex to sell out at 3K more satoshi..

Someone made a fatal error.

For once, Bob and I agree.

I wouldn't call it fatal.

I mean, it's not like the ITO is thereby failing or something.

It presented a very small profit that some people rightly took advantage of - and we've honoured our offer of a 10% discount for participating coins.

No real harm. People are buying away...

Ok maybe "fatal" was a harsh word.. But for real.. Number one rule is to have all the markets go live at once... Later tonight or tomorrow "if" you guys are failing to sellout I assume that some of the early investors will decide to jump ship and sell the  tokens off on Poloniex for a tiny loss.

I wish you guys luck though and I have invested in BlockNet personally. Although just for 1 btc... Let's see where this goes.

rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 05:47:01 PM

ICO at bittrex and live trading elsewhere. Priceless.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
mxxxxxx
Legendary

Activity: 2310

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 05:47:17 PM

Anyway Arlyn is too shady to do not share the algoritm with the people that bought them.

The price was just changing according to the current price of the alt in 10 min there was a 500 block difference on a 3000 XC buy.

The algoritm was said to be calculated on an avg of prices over a period of time. None was thinking that that period of time was form the begginning to the End of the ITO. It should have been for example from the announcement day till today.

You would have released a fixed price for all coins and that was what we were getting. The price was not fixed. This was another messed up thing that happened during this morning and people ended up getting less blocks for their alts. Meaning More Alts for the faundation.

Now if you wanted to start with the wrong foot you did it. Now it looks shady....unfortunately.

Plus there is the 10% discount mess up. Plus Xcash mess up. Plus XST people sayng they were not able to buy in from the beginning.

UNPROFESSIONAL.

Here are the latest updates from Coingateway

An update from CoinGateway:

Coingateway has about 40 tickets in-process for payments‏.

Once those are done, they will do the 10% payouts.

This is likely (but not certain) to happen at around 21:00GMT (5pm EST‏).

Update on CoinGateway's pricing algorithm:

we looked at volume and set a btc amount‏

but [the algorithm] is confidential tho i rather not disclose that‏

let say Bitswift  for example‏

we look at what it takes to buy 0.2 btc worth of bitswift and average the price around that‏

differnet alt usually have different btc volume equivalent depending on their volume‏

synechist (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2014, 05:48:56 PM

[conflict of interest]
This has been resolved.

Quote my last response if you want to continue discussing it.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Mountaingoat

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2014, 05:51:13 PM

Please answer my question.

Is it not possible to buy with 10% off anymore?

It is not possible, because CoinGateway has sold out of BLOCK, and no altcoin:BLOCK pairings are available.

It is now only possible to buy BLOCK using BTC, at Bittrex, Polo, or Bter.

That sucks.
mxxxxxx
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 05:51:19 PM

ICO at bittrex and live trading elsewhere. Priceless.

Here are Bittrex rules

Bittrex's Statement for the ITO

Bittrex will be hosting the BlockNET ICO. As a reminder, we are providing escrow for the development team. We are not endorsing this coin or any others on our exchange. Please do your own research before trading. Below are the FULL and DEFINITIVE terms for this ICO; no other conditions are required.
* We will review the wallet before initially adding it.
* Bittrex will host 3,400,000.00 of 10,000,000 total coins at a price of 0.00025 the ICO will value 2500 BTC across all exchanges.
* The ICO will run for 7 days beginning October 29, 2014 at 5am PDT and ending on November 5th 23:59:59 PDT
* The ICO must raise 850 BTC total across all exchanges to be considered a success.
* If success conditions are NOT met, all BTC invested will be refunded through a buy wall.
* Once the ICO is over we will verify there is working wallet, blockchain, and block explorer.
* ICO payment will be in a lump sum to BlockNet within 7 days after the ICO ends.
* No trading of the coin will be allowed until the ICO ends and escrow is released.
* ALL SALES ARE FINAL AND THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS - by participating in this ICO, you are agreeing to the above terms.

jahl

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 05:51:27 PM

hmm next time i will hold off buying instantly, could have gotten 187+ more coins purchasing on poloniex right now (5btc sell @ 24500)  Angry
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 05:55:19 PM

It is not possible, because CoinGateway has sold out of BLOCK, and no altcoin:BLOCK pairings are available.

That sucks.

Yes, it sucks. Little regard was given to those who hold Xc or the other blocknet affliates.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2014, 05:56:52 PM

That sucks.

Yes, it sucks. Little regard was given to those who hold Xc or the other blocknet affliates.

Get some perspective:

We gave immense regard to XC holders. You had a chance to buy BLOCK with XC when almost all ITOs are only paired with BTC.

First come first serve.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
qawzsx

Activity: 280

NOT FUD! FACTS!

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 05:58:08 PM

That sucks.

Get some perspective:

We gave immense regard to XC holders. You had a chance to buy BLOCK with XC when almost all ITOs are only paired with BTC.

First come first serve.

You MUST talk to poloniex asap to close BLOCK market. Wtf are they doing allowing people to sell?
ib88

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 05:58:22 PM

UNPROFESSIONAL.

we look at what it takes to buy 0.2 btc worth of bitswift and average the price around that‏

differnet alt usually have different btc volume equivalent depending on their volume‏

Yeah, mxxxxxx, those posts you quoted don't address any of Cryptico's (and mine) thoughts on the situation. I was under the impression that the altcoin:BLOCK exchange rate would be fixed, was this not the case?

Ultimately the Blocknet foundation don't know the exact figured raised by coingateway (impossible without knowing the algorithm) so who's to say they didn't set an algorithm that raised 600 BTC for example and gave you guys your 500 BTC (20% of 2500 BTC) and kept 100 BTC for themselves? Do you understand my concerns here?
cryptico

Activity: 700

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 05:59:59 PM

UNPROFESSIONAL.

Yeah, mxxxxxx, those posts you quoted don't address any of Cryptico's (and mine) thoughts on the situation. I was under the impression that the altcoin:BLOCK exchange rate would be fixed, was this not the case?

Ultimately the Blocknet foundation don't know the exact figured raised by coingateway (impossible without knowing the algorithm) so who's to say they didn't set an algorithm that raised 600 BTC for example and gave you guys your 500 BTC (20% of 2500 BTC) and kept 100 BTC for themselves? Do you understand my concerns here?

Exactly I was going to write the Same .... Please address my points.

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
tx42

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 06:00:27 PM

Seriously. They should visit satoshi dice and see how provable fairness works.

The concept is that you can demonstrate a fair system post facto.

Let's drill that into our collective heads.

..EARN FREE BREAKOUT COINS SIG CAMPAIGN LIVE !!
mxxxxxx
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 06:00:31 PM

There would be no conflict of interest if you guys came up with the algorithm and shared it with us after the ITO ended on coingateway. This would allow people to verify their transaction to see if they received the correct amount of BLOCK. Also, the fact that you guys don't know the algorithm worries me. Who's to say coingateway didn't "set an algorithm that guaranteed [they'd] rake in the maximum amount"?

You can use this page to address your concerns

https://coingateway.net/contact.php

For now Coingateway updated us with this info :

Jimmy_Zed

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 06:01:38 PM

There is too many unanswered questions. And there is nothing really tangible about the blocknet. You guys want 2,500 BTC so you can develop your idea ? Well I have plenty of ideas, but I'm not asking anyone to give me 1 million dollars for them.

Jimmy Zed
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2014, 06:03:24 PM

I have asked CoinGateway to give an account of the BLOCK sale.

When I receive a response I'll report back here.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
strunzdumm

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 06:04:02 PM

The people are right, that it isnt fair, that Bittex customers are not allowed to trade while other platforms allow them to... That will dump the price extremly when all the bittrex holders trying to sell their coins because they dont want to make a loss
Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: