Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:24:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure  (Read 1103256 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ib88

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 11:35:21 PM

Can someone tell me when the ITO ends?  Why are there sell orders less than ITO price on Poloniex?

traders bought in most likely with altcoins for 0.000225 BTC (10% discount) and selling above that price on poloniex for profit. Poloniex went against the rules and opened trading despite being contacted to stop.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
filflarn

Activity: 58

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 11:35:59 PM

Can someone tell me when the ITO ends?  Why are there sell orders less than ITO price on Poloniex?

ITO ends Nov 5...
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 11:36:19 PM

Also blocknet's assets and funds will be held in escrow and released as development progress's.  Blocknet is not a scam, but a legitimate project and proof of concept code will be available shortly.

Can someone comment on why the exchanges plan on releasing it as soon as the blocknet PoS wallet is ready in 7 to 10 days post pre-sale?  Is there a different escrow besides the exchange being used to track the progress of blocknet & release accordingly?

The structured escrow would work as follows:
- Funds will be held at a multisig address co-signed by the escrow service and the Blocknet Foundation.
- The Blocknet Foundation will manage funds and guide the project as per its mandate.
- Funds cannot be released without both the Foundation and the escrow service authorising it. This will
prevent funds being released prior to milestones being reached.
- A third party will function as an auditor to ensure that funds have been properly been accounted for.
- Should a dispute arise between asset-holders and the Foundation, the escrow service will function as an
intermediary to resolve it.

Where did you get this info from ?
are you the PR guy ? i keep seeing you speak on behalf of this coin
but around the forum i see nothing but name calling from you.. you have called me around 100 names in the last 24 hrs.
ya smart hire a 2yr two old with a foul mouth to be your PR rep LOL
you know he had 18 comments deleted yesterday for name calling and spamming and trolling ?
most of them we're massive huge comments with blank space that you had to scroll down 10 minutes to get past then he would insert one line calling me names.
the funny part was too is he did that on any Blocknet topic even if i did not create it etc

rofl

FUD first & ask questions later™
Longenecker

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 11:36:27 PM

That is your opinion, but that is not true. I want to create lasting technology. I still support KEY as well, Keytrader 2.0 was recently released and had very little market impact. It's still a great tool for trading.

Prometheus, you do realize that your reputation is beyond redeemable, right?  Thus, the more you connect yourself to Dan and BlockNET, the worse that Dan & BlockNET look to everyone watching.  

UnicornFarts

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 11:40:19 PM

- Funds will be held at a multisig address co-signed by the escrow service and the Blocknet Foundation.
- The Blocknet Foundation will manage funds and guide the project as per its mandate.
- Funds cannot be released without both the Foundation and the escrow service authorising it. This will
- A third party will function as an auditor to ensure that funds have been properly been accounted for.
- Should a dispute arise between asset-holders and the Foundation, the escrow service will function as an

Ah perfect.  Now we're getting somewhere.

So my questions are

1 - who is the indiependant escrow service?

2 - What constitutes the blocknet holders being unhappy with how funds are being used and having the escrow service lock them up until the Blocknet foundation addresses the issue and makes the hodlers happy again?  What does that process look like?
UnicornFarts

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 11:43:03 PM

cont

(Sorry browser loses edit buttons on editing a post)

Where are the milestones documented about how much bitcoin will be released at what milestone?

Who is the third party auditor?

**Keep in mind I'm thinking about the way the entire XC premine fund was spent without fulfilling the transparency promise.   I'm just trying to flesh out if there is actual substance behind these promises (unlike the premine fund)
leewilson

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 11:51:52 PM

Below I will make an attempt to answer all of your questions and explain the proper context of the logs of conversation between Smurf and I. ( I have no feeling of disdain for smurf as he seems to have simply become caught in the middle of this attack. I do not see his posting of those logs as an act of malice.)...

If he was stuck in the middle and not acting out of malice then why would the logs be altered and false as claimed by both you and blocknet?
I take that to mean the logs are true and legitimate.
The question now becomes are you lying about working with and paying dan or is he lying saying that you have never paid him.

3. Has Dan Metcalf performed paid work for me or projects I am invested in. In short yes, but I will explain these projects below so that you can understand the context of "Dan works for me now."

Yes, ...

Key Continue: At this time, desiring to try and recover the market I noticed that the KEY developers were having a great deal of trouble hardening the security of the OS. I contact Dan for the project and he completed it steadfastly with a high degree of quality. This was public knowledge on both the XC twitter, Dans personal twitter, the key twitter and more.

Halcyon: A coin to have a nootropics store. I like this idea and I invested. I funded a few aspects of the tech and when an issue arose, I contacted Dan to provide a quick solution, as well as provide a review that the source was trusted and the anon worked.. and to this day his review remains true. It has a working anonymous solution and a working POS source. The nootropics store design is complete and awaiting an API or a vendor to supply these products.

Dan claims you have never paid him.
And your statements are saying that he reviewed his own code. He provides a solution and reviews said solution.

7. My feelings on the PR response from blocknet. When this controversy came to light, XC community immediately responded without first verifying the authenticity of the logs, while they have many conversational gaps in them, and are being presented in a negative light. I will attempt to explain the conversation and what was intended.

Only conversational gaps now? That is not what you said before.
And this means what is read in those logs is true.
Feel free to post the logs in their entirety versus trying to lecture us on their meaning.

I wish that all who read this understand that this is simply a role in this market that must be filled by those that have obtained enough bitcoin and resources to make projects such as these possible., without us a lot of innovation would not make it to market and developers would not be motivated to produce such brilliant works of code without funding.

These statements are the opposite of one another in the context you use.
Instead of an ipo/ico/ito then fund them yourselves from "those that have obtained enough bitcoin and resources to make projects such as these possible" instead of fleecing the ones out of the insider loop.

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State BlockNet can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State BlockNet to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State BlockNet.” - Joseph Goebbels
leewilson

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 11:52:44 PM

And where is the bter blocknet ITO?

did it disappear? or am I missing it?
was it moved?

Link please

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State BlockNet can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State BlockNet to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State BlockNet.” - Joseph Goebbels
docnebula

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 11:58:58 PM

Can someone tell me when the ITO ends?  Why are there sell orders less than ITO price on Poloniex?

ITO ends Nov 5...

Thank you very much (and also thanks for the Poloniex answer). 
qawzsx

Activity: 280

NOT FUD! FACTS!

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 12:00:16 AM

Also blocknet's assets and funds will be held in escrow and released as development progress's.  Blocknet is not a scam, but a legitimate project and proof of concept code will be available shortly.

Can someone comment on why the exchanges plan on releasing it as soon as the blocknet PoS wallet is ready in 7 to 10 days post pre-sale?  Is there a different escrow besides the exchange being used to track the progress of blocknet & release accordingly?

Where did you get this info from ?
are you the PR guy ? i keep seeing you speak on behalf of this coin
but around the forum i see nothing but name calling from you.. you have called me around 100 names in the last 24 hrs.
ya smart hire a 2yr two old with a foul mouth to be your PR rep LOL
you know he had 18 comments deleted yesterday for name calling and spamming and trolling ?
most of them we're massive huge comments with blank space that you had to scroll down 10 minutes to get past then he would insert one line calling me names.
the funny part was too is he did that on any Blocknet topic even if i did not create it etc

rofl

It's right there in the OP idiot.
You don't have the time to read something about a project, but you have the time to spread all this BS?
filflarn

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 12:03:01 AM

ITO ends Nov 5...

Thank you very much (and also thanks for the Poloniex answer). 

no problem Smiley
filflarn

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 12:04:04 AM

was it moved?

Link please

https://t.co/nUYyS7D7z5
leewilson

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 12:10:16 AM

was it moved?

Link please

https://t.co/nUYyS7D7z5

I see that is a shortened link for:
https://bter.com/trade/block_btc

Try it out yourself next time.
It takes you to ltc/btc

It appears the blocknet ITO has been pulled from bter.
What is going on?

Edit: It is not in their api either...hmm
http://data.bter.com/api/1/pairs

chrissibel

Activity: 336

Got Crypto?

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 12:26:09 AM

THis coin will still go to the moon Smiley
synechist (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 12:39:09 AM

Hi all

An announcement from Bittrex regarding the ITO:

BlockNet ITO - What happened and next steps.

First off, let me thank all our users for their patience on the matter.  We are actively working with everyone to ensure the best outcome for all parties. Before we get started, I want to provide a little background.  BlockNet was the first ICO we agreed to do where we didn't have complete control of the coin supply. We've learned our lesson, we will not be participating in any offering where we are not in a position to enforce agreed upon terms.

Somewhere along the way, there was a miscommunication and BLOCK coins were released for both trading and staking.  By enforcing the escrow terms, we put Bittrex users at a disadvantage.  To remedy this, we will put up a buy wall at the ITO price for 48 hours after the ITO ends on November 5th.  We will not allow deposits or withdrawals during this 48 hour window.  This will allow any users wanting a refund to receive one.  Once this window closes, we will pull the buy wall and evaluate the escrow terms.  If everything checks out, we will release the funds to the developer and open the wallet and market for trading.

This will rectify the unfair conditions imposed upon Bittrex traders due to trading being enabled at Poloniex.

I would like to clarify that this is unrelated to the recent FUD, but is purely due to the different rules on Poloniex and Bittrex.

Finally, this entails that you are all free to buy BLOCK on Bittrex without risk of loss, as you'll have a chance to sell it again if market sentiment is not positive when the ITO ends.

Expect tech and escrow-related news from us soon.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Dotcommie

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 12:39:25 AM

i was wondering the same thing..

they pull in almost a million bucks by the end of this who did they get to be the trusted escow ?

when you pull an ITO "investment" that hauls in close to a million dollars yeah.. they will go into over time trying to prop it up !
i seen it for yrs around here with dummy services tacked onto clone coins etc.. a classic method of legitimizing the scheme.

What he did here is not worth 900k !
nor is any other future possible aspect of all this either.

Spoetnik, Stfu already. Your beloved jackpotcoin isn't worth 1 satoshi. Get lost.

Please don't take out hatred for Spoetnik on jackpotcoin.  I try to be cordial with him, but he just doesn't appear to know when to play nice.  JPC had some scandals in Korea(unsecured winXP pcs, lol) and some people made a lot of money early on, but it's true that JPC has been really solid and I feel it has largely been misunderstood(thanks in part to him trolling everyone about it when they didn't ask for his opinion)

The tech for XC and blocknet is definitely more advanced and I hold both, but I think JPC would be a great coin to eventually be integrated into blocknet in the future.  If I'm not mistaken, the blocknet could be used to create a decentralized environment for gambling sites that won't be able to scam everyone like has happened recently?  If all coins had the transaction speed of JPC that would be awesome too.  Jackpotcoin's mining incentive has still been one of the best I have seen and it's stability in price has made me keep my mining equipment 2 months longer than I thought I would.

Anyways, this is probably the only time I've advocated for Jackpotcoin outside the JPC topic so please don't accuse me of being a shill or pumper or whatever.  Just my 2 cents.  I hope to see xc, blocknet, jpc, btc, and a couple others I'm invested in go to the moon, i'd just like them to get there on their own merits, not by trolling/FUDing everyone like so many people on this forum do.
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 12:40:45 AM

Hi all

First off, let me thank all our users for their patience on the matter.  We are actively working with everyone to ensure the best outcome for all parties. Before we get started, I want to provide a little background.  BlockNet was the first ICO we agreed to do where we didn't have complete control of the coin supply. We've learned our lesson, we will not be participating in any offering where we are not in a position to enforce agreed upon terms.

Somewhere along the way, there was a miscommunication and BLOCK coins were released for both trading and staking.  By enforcing the escrow terms, we put Bittrex users at a disadvantage.  To remedy this, we will put up a buy wall at the ITO price for 48 hours after the ITO ends on November 5th.  We will not allow deposits or withdrawals during this 48 hour window.  This will allow any users wanting a refund to receive one.  Once this window closes, we will pull the buy wall and evaluate the escrow terms.  If everything checks out, we will release the funds to the developer and open the wallet and market for trading.

This will rectify the unfair conditions imposed upon Bittrex traders due to trading being enabled at Poloniex.

I would like to clarify that this is unrelated to the recent FUD, but is purely due to the different rules on Poloniex and Bittrex.

Finally, this entails that you are all free to buy BLOCK on Bittrex without risk of loss, as you'll have a chance to sell it again if market sentiment is not positive when the ITO ends.

Sounds fair.

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196

Fibre Knight

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 12:49:53 AM

Hi all

First off, let me thank all our users for their patience on the matter.  We are actively working with everyone to ensure the best outcome for all parties. Before we get started, I want to provide a little background.  BlockNet was the first ICO we agreed to do where we didn't have complete control of the coin supply. We've learned our lesson, we will not be participating in any offering where we are not in a position to enforce agreed upon terms.

Somewhere along the way, there was a miscommunication and BLOCK coins were released for both trading and staking.  By enforcing the escrow terms, we put Bittrex users at a disadvantage.  To remedy this, we will put up a buy wall at the ITO price for 48 hours after the ITO ends on November 5th.  We will not allow deposits or withdrawals during this 48 hour window.  This will allow any users wanting a refund to receive one.  Once this window closes, we will pull the buy wall and evaluate the escrow terms.  If everything checks out, we will release the funds to the developer and open the wallet and market for trading.

This is absolutely awesome. I really hope some do panic sell back so we reduce supply. It would be nice if it could have just ended with the goal.

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright
leewilson

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 12:56:25 AM

Hi all

This is not because of an exchange issue this a coin management issue. Period.

This also does not explain why the charts yesterday on bter showed a dump of 8000 coins, but the market history did not reflect the sale.
Which leads to my question I have been asking for hours now that has yet to be answered:

Where has the ITO gone on bter??
The coin is not present in their api either.

WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196

Fibre Knight

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 12:58:41 AM

Where has the ITO gone on bter??
The coin is not present in their api either.

We need to nip the BTER issue --all eyes on this right now.

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: