Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:15:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Should One Start With Bitcoin Right Now  (Read 3970 times)
HELP.org

Activity: 510
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 04:28:55 PM

To preserve their wealth.

That is not a concept of Bitcoin, that is a way in which Bitcoin is used by people.  Bitcoin is open source and can be easily copied and reproduced.  Nothing within Bitcoin itself gives it an advantage over altcoins or copies.  If people decide that Bitcoin "is the one" then wealth will be preserved because Bitcoin is capped at 21 million but if people decide that the copies or altcoins are equal or better then wealth will not be preserved.

Certified Bitcoin Professional
Bicoin.me - Bitcoin.me!
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 01:45:30 AM

The earlier one gets started with Bitcoin, the better it is.
Right now, we seem to be an opportune moment, with the price more than 60% down from all time highs.  Smiley

BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 03:11:18 AM

Why should someone (not knowledgeable about bitcoin) should start spending hours and hours to learn about bitcoin's concept. Why should that someone start right now?

Lots of opinions.  Here's mine:

1)  Because its interesting.  Its new.  And there is a significant chance you'll be "a part" of something that's going to be looked back on as revolutionary.  You'll be watching the movie about it, and getting goosebumps because "you were there" when that happened.  Its fun to get in on the ground floor of something.

2)  Because once you understand it, you will realize how many of the worlds poorest people are going to have their lives changed by the changes it will bring.  Andreas talks about this so eloquently, that I wont even try it myself.  But trust me .. if things pan out ... the insane humanitarian good this technology is going to bring, will have you on the verge of tears.  And I mean that.

3)  Because its possibly a new career opportunity for you.  Its a technology very few understand, and nobody has innovated with yet.  Its akin to you stepping into a time machine, and standing there the day the guys who invented Google first sat down to discuss it.  Or the day Ford sat down to design the first automobile.  Or tesla.  But this is different.   This is the possibility of the entire financial system being rewritten with completely new business models.  Business models that dont exist.   An entire ... industry .... waiting to be innovated and cashed in on.  Have you ever wished you could go back in time to 1996 and simply blow $10,000 on every domain name out there?   Have you seen Hot Tub Time Machine?  That's why this is worth learning.

4)  The nature of this "thing" is such that very powerful people are being challenged, and very powerful instutions are being both confused, and made obsolete, as they stand there scratching their heads.  This is worth a watch.  You may not want to invest the next 2 months learning bitcoin.  But if you'll humor me, spend the next 5 hours watching these videos.  With full attention.  I believe you'll come out the other end fascinated, and you will already be down the rabbit hole we fell in ... never to return: 

a)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cexawnOlR8
b)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUNGFZDO8mM
c)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP9-lAYngi4

Hope this helps.

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 05:02:25 AM

Why some1 will start with BTC?

Easy, internet money, opportunity to earn with some jobs (programing, design, or technical support.....)
Investing in some altcoin on market, good but can be downfall if choose frong one.
Small fee u can transfer million $ in BTC with same fee as you send 10$ which is good for larger amount of cash send.

Good concept.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 09:41:46 AM

Once you understand the concept and protocol on how it works, you will automatically develop the interest. And the more you learn, you will realize it is a clever idea which can address a lot of issues with fiat.

Chavez

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 09:57:11 AM

That is not a concept of Bitcoin, that is a way in which Bitcoin is used by people.  Bitcoin is open source and can be easily copied and reproduced.  Nothing within Bitcoin itself gives it an advantage over altcoins or copies.  If people decide that Bitcoin "is the one" then wealth will be preserved because Bitcoin is capped at 21 million but if people decide that the copies or altcoins are equal or better then wealth will not be preserved.

Agreed. Bitcoin isn't a foolproof or even a smart way of preserving your wealth currently. Maybe it's safe from governments, but if you bought in at the price peak ypou have currently lost nearly half of your money so not such a good idea.
findftp
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1006

Delusional crypto obsessionist

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 10:37:18 AM

Why should someone (not knowledgeable about bitcoin) should start spending hours and hours to learn about bitcoin's concept. Why should that someone start right now?
Why would someone should start spending time on any other new topic?

Because people want to learn new things.
People are creative and curious, that's why they always discover new things.
Otherwise we would still be in the stone age.

Recently I heard something interesting:

"The stone age did not end because we ran out of rocks."

Lazlo

Activity: 70

★ RipDice - Provably fair dice game ★

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 10:50:54 AM

They should do it for financial freedom and to be free of government control of their wealth! Fiat currency = debt. Bitcoin & Gold = real wealth.

findftp
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 10:54:08 AM

They should do it for financial freedom and to be free of government control of their wealth! Fiat currency = debt. Bitcoin & Gold = real wealth.
Gold & bitcoin = stored energy.
Freedom, health = real wealth.
lilin321

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 11:21:25 AM

you mustn't learn Bitcoin.you just know that you shoule accept it ,that's enough.

bitcoinpiece

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 12:02:57 PM

you mustn't learn Bitcoin.you just know that you shoule accept it ,that's enough.

Accept what about bitcoin? If you are here, made an account, commented/posted, you have accepted it. By just making an account, that means you are now a bitcoin disciple.
btckold24

Activity: 434

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 12:17:26 PM

I believe bitcoin is like Gold and silver or any other holding. More and more people will start to diversify and get some BTC in their portfolio and if that happens skies the limit.

YOU CAN ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY or INVEST

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀

Rainbot
Happy Hour
Faucet
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 05:38:52 PM

That is not a concept of Bitcoin, that is a way in which Bitcoin is used by people.  Bitcoin is open source and can be easily copied and reproduced.  
Incorrect. Bitcoin's most valuable aspect is that it has the most powerful computer network on the planet securing it from attack. This advantage cannot and will not be replicated by any altcoin.

Nothing within Bitcoin itself gives it an advantage over altcoins or copies.
To put that another way, "Nothing within any altcoin gives it an advantage over bitcoin, so there is no reason to ever switch, and 8 billion reasons not to. Bitcoin is software, it can simply be modified to include any advantageous innovation created in an altcoin."

Further reading: http://trilema.com/2014/the-woes-of-altcoin-or-why-there-is-no-such-thing-as-cryptocurrencies/

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
KIRAZ

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 06:00:57 PM

It's still in early stages and there are much bigger things to down from here so i think you should grasp all or
atleast some while you can.
paulsonnumismatics

Activity: 265

Honni Soit Qui Mal i Pense

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 06:04:17 PM

Once you understand the concept and protocol on how it works, you will automatically develop the interest. And the more you learn, you will realize it is a clever idea which can address a lot of issues with fiat.

A strong selling point for me is that i have never seen so many smart people interested at the same time on a same subject. I know several different industries, and all of them are full of Old dinosaurs, uncapable people, and subpar people acting as they know what theyre doing, while is the opposite.

In the BTC ecosystem im always impressed about the quality, depth, and work of everyone involved in any project that is related to it. That alone should be a reason to follow it closely.

This space is for lease, apparently.
findftp
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 06:29:21 PM

It's still in early stages and there are much bigger things to down from here so i think you should grasp all or
atleast some while you can.
Grasp as many as you can.
For instance, I started in 2013 with a few bucks and ended up all in somewhere in 2014.
I also joined signature campaigns to have a steady increasment in BTC.
Just don't go for alt-coins, they are only there to rip you off in my opinion.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 10:17:09 PM

It means you will be able to trade freely with anyone in the world without being restricted by a government and no amount of legislation they bring in will be able to prevent it.
naplam

Activity: 252

Coin Developer - CrunchPool.com operator

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 10:26:43 PM

Curiosity and wanting to know is a valid enough reason by itself...

To understand how bitcoin works, you'll need to know some cryptography though. Applied cryptography from Bruce Schneier is a pretty good book to get started on cryptography, and for reference too. Knowledge about integer algebra and having a computer science degree would help. Once you have that, reading Satoshi's paper is completely straightforward. It's short, concise and to the point, he doesn't beat around the bush.

pequelore

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 03:26:26 AM

It means you will be able to trade freely with anyone in the world without being restricted by a government and no amount of legislation they bring in will be able to prevent it.

That made my fell in love with BTC. No hassles and no pressure.
mbaeichapareiko

Activity: 101

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 04:24:53 AM

The largest super computer network in the world, is supporting the block chain.

that seems like a pretty good indicator btc is lining up to be the future.

Smiley Grin Cool
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: