Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:38:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PHS][50% PoS ONLY!] PhilosopherStones | ACTIVE Dev! | ~64% Yearly |  (Read 69660 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 09:21:03 PM

I can see their point.

Here is a thought, I would agree to you updating the code and adding a 1% transaction fee to every stake that went to your own account , so you could reclaim what you lost and even receive some for future help.

What about that as a solution?

Will you & everyone else here agree to that?

Cool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
noise23
Legendary

Activity: 967
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 09:24:31 PM

I can see their point.

Here is a thought, I would agree to you updating the code and adding a 1% transaction fee to every stake that went to your own account , so you could reclaim what you lost and even receive some for future help.

Cool

It's not about money. I just can't work on a project knowing that I'm helping the thief to happily dump stolen coins.
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 09:38:17 PM

I can see their point.

Cool

It's not about money. I just can't work on a project knowing that I'm helping the thief to happily dump stolen coins.

Ok,
the thief stole your coins, there is nothing we can do but a staking fee to help compensate you for their loss,
by the way, if you share what happened, I may have some ideas on how to better protect yourself in the future.
PM me if you want to keep it private.

But the alternative is harming the coin to hurt the thief , also not a good option cause it harms others also.
Best solution , if you are willing , is just update the code send yourself 1% of every stake to your own account to help compensate you,
the thief dumps but we all drop our buy walls on the exchange to only 1 sat for a few weeks to punish him.

That is the best I can think of , will that work for everyone?

Cool
sorrros

Activity: 954
Merit: 104

ludenaprotocol.io

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 10:45:52 PM

That works only in theory i'm afraid.

Nxt did a rollback a few months back and they are still listed in a few big exchanges. Cryptopia was a good solution when we needed it but if we paid to be listed there we can pay to be listed elsewhere. Bleu, Yobit and other exchanges could be good alternatives.

If your problem is a problem of justice noise23 you can always guarantee to pay back any genuine transaction that was cancelled with the rollback. Not sure how much is at stake though. At least that would show your good faith to a potential new exchange.

My feeling about Cryptopia;
-I'm not keen to see an exchange dictate what we should do as a community
-I'm not too confident either; they are new and they have so many coins that i don't know how they can manage the type of risks that made Cryptsy fall...

I'm not sure how escrows work but we could set one up so that we can all contribute to financing the new exchange.

► LudenaProtocol ◄ ♦️ A Gamified Social Platform for Worldwide Gamers ♦️ ► LudenaProtocol ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Instagram|Whitepaper
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 11:53:22 PM

Ok,

if that is the route the PHS community wants to take, then Noise23 can proceed with the rollback when ready and cryptopia will just delist PHS.
Maybe a week or so after the rollback is completely finished , we can try and get on Yobit, there fee is .1 BTC if I remember correctly.

Cool

FYI: Point of clarification
NXT did not go thru with the rollback.
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/official-nxt-decision-blockchain-rollback/

Cryptopia is caught between a rock and a hard place, if they allow it for one they would have to allow it for everyone and that could destabilize all of crypto, if a lot of coins started doing it. So IMO, they are a Great Exchange and highly principled.
Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 12:18:12 AM

Let's face it; the guys at Cryptopia are right and they are defending a good principle.

However, it is also true that the community and the developer should have the final word on a cryptocurrency's destiny.

Having said that, I will agree with the 1% fee to the developer or I will gladly send a few thousand PHS to him in order to compensate for the stolen coins.

So how do we solve this conundrum?

If we go for the hardfork we can't forget that no coin is viable without a market to be traded.

We don't have enough volume to get listed on one of the big exchanges like Poloniex on Bittrex, right?

As a final note, I would love to stay on Cryptopia. Ever since Cryptsy collapsed I've been trading several coins there with no issues whatsoever. It's definitely not in the same league as Polo or Bittrex but out of the smaller ones, I believe it's better than Yobit or Bleu.

We should also consider C-Cex, I believe the listing there is free.

Whatever it takes to keep this nice coin alive, let's do it!

kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 12:24:02 AM

We should also consider C-Cex, I believe the listing there is free.

C-Cex requires paid & free voting to actually get on their exchange.
PHS would not survive C-Cex Volume Delisting policy long enough to matter.

Agreed.

Yobit is the cheaper option at .1 btc , I believe Bleu is ~2½ BTC.

Cool

FYI:
Yobit also gives access to English, Russian , & Chinese speakers.
Bleu, gives access to English & Spanish speakers.
Yobit would get my vote due to the numbers of potential users , they could represent.

sorrros

Activity: 954
Merit: 104

ludenaprotocol.io

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 05:44:37 AM

Ok,

if that is the route the PHS community wants to take, then Noise23 can proceed with the rollback when ready and cryptopia will just delist PHS.
Maybe a week or so after the rollback is completely finished , we can try and get on Yobit, there fee is .1 BTC if I remember correctly.

Cool

FYI: Point of clarification
NXT did not go thru with the rollback.
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/official-nxt-decision-blockchain-rollback/

Cryptopia is caught between a rock and a hard place, if they allow it for one they would have to allow it for everyone and that could destabilize all of crypto, if a lot of coins started doing it. So IMO, they are a Great Exchange and highly principled.

Makes sense. I didn't realize the NXT rollback didn't happen in the end! That would have been a lot more complex/messier than for PHS given the size of their blockchain and zillion assets/currencies... 

And yes, it's a good sign for Cryptopia; still I believe their business model is very risky.  And at the end of the day I don't feel tied to them.

Given the price of listing at Yobit I think we shouldn't hesitate, whatever we do with Cryptopia. It's safer for all of us to have 2 exchanges rather than just 1.

► LudenaProtocol ◄ ♦️ A Gamified Social Platform for Worldwide Gamers ♦️ ► LudenaProtocol ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Instagram|Whitepaper
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 06:51:17 AM

Makes sense. I didn't realize the NXT rollback didn't happen in the end! That would have been a lot more complex/messier than for PHS given the size of their blockchain and zillion assets/currencies...  

And yes, it's a good sign for Cryptopia; still I believe their business model is very risky.  And at the end of the day I don't feel tied to them.

Given the price of listing at Yobit I think we shouldn't hesitate, whatever we do with Cryptopia. It's safer for all of us to have 2 exchanges rather than just 1.

It is like this if PHS does the rollback, we lose Cryptopia, which most PHS seem ok with, knowing that they have to buy their way onto yobit.
So only 1 exchange if the rollback is done.

But PHS should not try to Join any more exchanges until the rollback is done and completed , in case they take the same view as cryptopia.
No use to get on Yobit and have them delist PHS for the same reason, rollback has to be done before anything else is attempted.

Cool
JPred

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

my magic is growing strong[er]

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 08:17:09 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2016, 05:50:59 PM by JPred

If hardfork is going to happen anyway consider to implement these changes:

1. 50% stake rate can't last forever. Half it every 4 years from now till it will be about 3% (in 16 years).

2. Make POS reward for last 90 days only. There are lot of addresses with considerable amount of coins,
that not active for year or two already.
If their owners would come back, get stake for 600-1000 days, It's like a time bomb.

3. I still think that transaction messages is useful thing and maximum message size should
be extended to 528 bytes, like it was done in Florin coin.

Wow VladK, you are truly wise with your advice - nrs 1, 2 and 3. Hehe nr 2 is excellent and really funny  Cheesy Make POS rewards last 90 days only - now that will help peeps start using coin. Lol  I'm sure these points can help this coin greatly if implemented.

post script:@Muzzargh \/ agreed - take the name for instance "philosopherstone" its beautiful in itself...it has to survive - our world need philosopherstones. The symbol that philospherstones stand for is that of Logic isn't it. Our modern world (for the majority of people) only vaguely displays tidbits of logic (as in philosophy type). Look at the definition of logic in google: reasoning conducted or assessed according to strict principles of validity. Let's validify Philosopherstones so the young (others of course too) of today and tomorrow can think and live free.

FREEDOM
Muzzargh

Activity: 133
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 08:48:20 AM

Do whatever you need to do to save the coin I say.
zuepfi11

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 01:58:39 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2016, 03:03:40 PM by zuepfi11

Do whatever you need to do to save the coin I say.

+ wallet all the time worked nice... would be a shame when phs die :/

@noise23 when a rollback is the best solution for you/phs you should do that, we dont need cryptopia, we can find another exchange.

Trimegistus
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 03:38:55 PM

+ wallet all the time worked nice... would be a shame when phs die :/

Technically, this coin is now dead... Why? Because there is no place where it can be traded!

However, I still hope for the PHS revival!

@noise23, let's go for it!

noise23
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 03:46:44 PM

After some consideration, i think it's better for PHS to just leave everything as is for now...
Going to ask Cryptopia to re-activate PHS market.
Trimegistus
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 03:50:09 PM

After some consideration, i think it's better for PHS to just leave everything as is for now...
Going to ask Cryptopia to re-activate PHS market.

Great news!

On the other hand, your stolen coins might be dumped, right?  Shocked

Can we expect you to keep developing the new wallet, site and blockexplorer?

noise23
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 04:05:06 PM

Great news!

Yeah they definitely will be dumped, 107K http://explorer.phstones.com/address/9VGJynR4uc3787QWdGMS9HUD9YMmmDJgoC

Domain is paid till December, will try to keep explorer online too.
Regarding developing i can't say for now, at least not in the near months...
Trimegistus
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 04:08:40 PM

Great news!

Yeah they definitely will be dumped, 107K http://explorer.phstones.com/address/9VGJynR4uc3787QWdGMS9HUD9YMmmDJgoC

Domain is paid till December, will try to keep explorer online too.
Regarding developing i can't say for now, at least not in the near months...

I would love to have an improved wallet but I must admit that you are already doing a lot!

I'll be around, ready to support any efforts to keep this project going.

Thank you so much for keeping this coin alive!

kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 05:50:04 AM

Here is a thought.
We should all drop our Buy orders to 1 sat to punish the thief, until he sells all of the coins he stole.

Cool
Muzzargh

Activity: 133

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 06:52:15 AM

I'm happy to pay for another year for the domain name when it comes up for renewal Wink

paardenkip

Activity: 79

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 12:26:53 PM

This hacker might be reading this thread. Maybe you can try to place a wallet adres in this topic so he can send your stones back.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: