Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:33:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: QwickBit.com: Buy Bitcoins with your credit card  (Read 6357 times)
iDeSoLaT3

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 03:14:21 PM

Well I used it to get bit coins and it went through (it showed up in the bitcoin wallet) but it did not get confirmed yet. If I find out this guy use's my card i'll personally take him down.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2012, 03:40:52 PM

Where'd you get Russia? I was trying to figure that out. 

I had $0.00 Authorizations show up on my card from Stripe.com.  I'm waiting for a response from Stripe to see who processed that.

https://twitter.com/QwickBit

I found it via a link(s) using qwickbit.com as the starting point since the site is privacy protected on WhoIS.
iDeSoLaT3

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 03:45:37 PM

Where'd you get Russia? I was trying to figure that out. 

I had $0.00 Authorizations show up on my card from Stripe.com.  I'm waiting for a response from Stripe to see who processed that.

https://twitter.com/QwickBit

I found it via a link(s) using qwickbit.com as the starting point since the site is privacy protected on WhoIS.

Do you think he is stealing card info?
Jackbauer

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 04:16:20 PM

I'm gonna try this, I can't do the cash deposit to a bank and Dwolla is giving me hell over my ID for whatever reason.
railjun

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 06:49:43 PM

I'm pretty noobish at this...but when he's new, everyone has problems with it, and he doesn't respond for a day...well, it just smells bad.

I genuinely hope I'm over-reacting.
Minutia

Activity: 57

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 04:56:38 AM

I finally got it to work and no bitcoins.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
May 29, 2012, 03:28:04 PM

I finally got it to work and no bitcoins.

Check your credit card statement and see where the charges came from?

My transactions did not go through but I found several $0.0 Authorization requests made by Stripe.com.

I contacted Stripe any they informed me the site that requested the transactions is http://mostvaluablevideo.com/ which was privately registered on 04-Mar-2012.

So either this guy is running his BTC sales through this site to avoid AML/KYC/other issues with his processor or he is collecting card numbers on his site and then checking them for validity on other sites before he sells them.

Hmmmm.........

Domain Name: mostvaluablevideo.com
Expiry Date: 04-Mar-2013
Creation Date: 04-Mar-2012

Name servers:
ns1.webfaction.com
ns2.webfaction.com
ns3.webfaction.com
ns4.webfaction.com

Registrant Name: Whois Manager
Registrant Company: Whois Proof LLP
Registrant Email Address: k599t7o1q0@whoisproof.com
Registrant Address: PO Box 4120
Registrant City: Portland
Registrant State/Region/Province: OR
Registrant Postal Code: 97208-4120
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Tel No: 2024700599
Registrant Fax No: 8663666681

Admin Name: Whois Manager
Admin Company: Whois Proof LLP
Admin Email Address: k599t7o1q0@whoisproof.com
Admin Address: PO Box 4120
Admin City: Portland
Admin State/Region/Province: OR
Admin Postal Code: 97208-4120
Admin Country: US
Admin Tel No: 2024700599
Admin Fax No: 8663666681

Tech Name: Whois Manager
Tech Company: Whois Proof LLP
Tech Email Address: k599t7o1q0@whoisproof.com
Tech Address: PO Box 4120
Tech City: Portland
Tech State/Region/Province: OR
Tech Postal Code: 97208-4120
Tech Country: US
Tech Tel No: 2024700599
Tech Fax No: 8663666681
iDeSoLaT3

View Profile
May 29, 2012, 09:32:51 PM

Don't worry about it guys, I will have this situation checked out because I did use his site and i did get bitcoins. But still smells fishy so in a couple of days I will receive a reply from an anonymous recipent. And will find out the truth.
iDeSoLaT3

View Profile
May 29, 2012, 09:35:46 PM

This recipent will also take action and help out all who used this site, if it does end up being a scam/ credit card info taker.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2012, 11:37:05 PM

It saddens me to do this, but...: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=84055.msg926054#msg926054

~Bruno~
David_Benz
Donator

Activity: 56

you got hacked bitch!

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 12:24:09 AM

I am the creator of https://QwickBit.com, Bitcoin's first instant (non-Paypal) credit card accepting retail exchange site. Unlike previous credit-card exchanges, QwickBit requires Bitcoin purchases to be tied to a legitimate Facebook account, thus preventing charge-backs and fraud. Check it out!

Very nice.  You beat me to it.  I have one coming out in a week or so.

Well done.

I am the Bitcoinica Hacker.
iDeSoLaT3

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 04:18:29 AM

sSo what is your full opinion straight out opinion on this site?
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2012, 05:08:51 AM

sSo what is your full opinion straight out opinion on this site?

I have a major problem with somebody coming on the Bitcoin scene and offering up as their first post a website they've built that sells bitcoins via credit cards, then afterwards post only two more times (thought he had four (?) posts total), then doesn't return to follow up on promoting his site. I also have reason to believe that he has sock puppets astroturfing said site.

That said, quite frankly I'm fed up with all the shenanigans, and am now drawing a line in the sand. From this point forward, I will be doing my damndest to expose and try to stop all Bitcoin related enterprises that can't even pass the smell test, starting with this one--IT MOTHER FUCKIN' REEKS.

Hope I wasn't to subtle.

~Bruno~

qwickbit (OP)

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 05:45:02 AM

Please allow me to explain.

QwickBit was hit with a wave of fraudulent transactions immediately after launch last week. (I discovered that there was an entire secret Tor forum thread dedicated to cashing out of stolen credit cards using my site: http://clsvtzwzdgzkjda7.onion/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=4671 and I strongly suspect many of the people participating in this thread are the culprits...). Anyway, to mitigate the damage from these attacks, I quickly disabled transaction processing. I also reversed some of the charges which I thought to be fraudulent. However, there is no one who was charged for Bitcoin who has not received them. If I have made a mistake and you have not received your Bitcoins, please post here and contact me personally at info@qwickbit.com. Otherwise, I would kindly ask everyone to stop re-posting unsubstantiated rumors.

In regard to the $0.00 charges: Authorization charges are used by QwickBit's credit card processing company to determine whether the credit card number is valid. If a user tries to issue a charge with a valid credit card number but an invalid address or CVC, the authorization charge will appear on your credit card statement, but the charge will not be issued (since the info is invalid!). Several people tried to issue charges with invalid address information.

Phineas Gage, I do not hold any of my users' money--dollars or Bitcoin--so I don't understand the warning in your forum post (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=84055.msg926054#msg926054). I run a retail Bitcoin exchange, not a wallet or banking service. Furthermore, I don't even store users' credit card info on my servers (the credit card processing company handles this).

I am unaffiliated with the Twitter account QwickBit.

I hope this addresses all of your concerns. If you have any other questions or complaints, don't hesitate to contact me at info@qwickbit.com. I plan to re-launch the website sometime later this week, after having made significant changes to the fraud-checking algorithms.

Lastly, I created QwickBit as a service to the Bitcoin community (and to advance my libertarian-leaning political ideals). My only goal with the site is to not lose money. Keep in mind that any unsubstantiated negative comments on this forum only increase the likelihood that I will shut down the site, since the site is still in a nascent stage.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 06:04:09 AM

That sucks.

Please take a cue from the Bitconica/Bitcoin Consultancy debacle.  The longer you wait to respond to users serious concerns the more room you leave for rampant speculation.

I had a failed transaction on this site but never any fraudulent activity.

It's a slick site but unfortunately is looks like credit cards have no place in the bitcoin universe. 

Good luck.

Minutia

Activity: 57

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 06:07:41 AM

I just got a unauthorized charge of 364.90 on my card Shocked
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2012, 06:12:14 AM

Please allow me to explain.

QwickBit was hit with a wave of fraudulent transactions immediately after launch last week. (I discovered that there was an entire secret Tor forum thread dedicated to cashing out of stolen credit cards using my site: http://clsvtzwzdgzkjda7.onion/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=4671 and I strongly suspect many of the people participating in this thread are the culprits...). Anyway, to mitigate the damage from these attacks, I quickly disabled transaction processing. I also reversed some of the charges which I thought to be fraudulent. However, there is no one who was charged for Bitcoin who has not received them. If I have made a mistake and you have not received your Bitcoins, please post here and contact me personally at info@qwickbit.com. Otherwise, I would kindly ask everyone to stop re-posting unsubstantiated rumors.

In regard to the $0.00 charges: Authorization charges are used by QwickBit's credit card processing company to determine whether the credit card number is valid. If a user tries to issue a charge with a valid credit card number but an invalid address or CVC, the authorization charge will appear on your credit card statement, but the charge will not be issued (since the info is invalid!). Several people tried to issue charges with invalid address information.

Phineas Gage, I do not hold any of my users' money--dollars or Bitcoin--so I don't understand the warning in your forum post (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=84055.msg926054#msg926054). I run a retail Bitcoin exchange, not a wallet or banking service. Furthermore, I don't even store users' credit card info on my servers (the credit card processing company handles this).

I am unaffiliated with the Twitter account QwickBit.

I hope this addresses all of your concerns. If you have any other questions or complaints, don't hesitate to contact me at info@qwickbit.com. I plan to re-launch the website sometime later this week, after having made significant changes to the fraud-checking algorithms.

Lastly, I created QwickBit as a service to the Bitcoin community (and to advance my libertarian-leaning political ideals). My only goal with the site is to not lose money. Keep in mind that any unsubstantiated negative comments on this forum only increase the likelihood that I will shut down the site, since the site is still in a nascent stage.

I will be addressing this post shortly, but wanted to quote now because...

~Bruno~
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2012, 06:13:32 AM

I just got a unauthorized charge of 364.90 on my card Shocked

Are you able to share further information on this with us?

~Bruno~
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 06:14:24 AM

Interesting way to verify.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
qwickbit (OP)

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 06:18:15 AM

If you received an unauthorized charge, you should have contacted me earlier. What is the problem? Did you purchase the Bitcoins and did not receive them? Please contact me ASAP at info@qwickbit.com.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: