Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 02:17:21 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Profiting from holding Altcoins...  (Read 1775 times)
silversurfer1958

Activity: 474
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 03:17:10 AM

Try to find coins that offer genuine enhancements, such as Dark coin, or CPU only coins perhaps because they can be mined by larger number of people, these are not suggestions by the way, what I mean is look out for coins that humanity as whole might find useful.
for example, if a coin is particularly suited to Privacy, lots of people might start to use it in the future.
There is a Possibilty that altcoins might well end up as the crypto equivalent of local currencies etc.
Bitcoin as a general coin etc, 'Dark' coins for Shady deals etc, CPU coins as pocket money used by kids to mine on their PC in the bedroom.
If a coin is suited to mining on a PC, lots of people might find that attractive, better still if the CPU coin has other advantages too, like Privacy.
If a coin has genuinely useful properties, then it might be worth buying into in the hope that humanity as a whole sees that advantage and buys into it.
Some of the Ethical Coins are possible candidates, eg the coins that reward you for letting out your PC hashing power to fold proteins etc.  
I would imagine that as humanity wakes up to Cryptos, coins like this with an ethical basis could become very popular with the general population.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: