Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:42:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Consultancy: site down?  (Read 3241 times)
Kazimir (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 09:57:56 AM

bitcoinconsultancy.com seems to be inaccessible for several days now. Does anybody know what's up?

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
genjix
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1072

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 11:16:57 AM

It was taken down while investigating the compromise of Bitcoinica. No-one has the time to put it back up yet because of managing these payouts to people
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I heart thebaron

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 11:59:54 AM

Wow. Archive.org doesn't even have a copy of the website.

Did they ask for removal (of perhaps all cached copies on the web) in case they needed to make a clean getaway and leave as little trail as possible ?

I don't see what taking the site down has to do with anything anyways.

All it shows is that when support is needed from them, all info is REMOVED and they go into hiding.

rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 12:44:11 PM

As far as I can tell from the little bit of info that I can piece together from what they have said, that website might have been on the same compromised mail server that led to Bitcoinica's downfall. Either that, or it was the "semi-public" VPS that allowed the cracker access to the mail server in the first place. In any case, My understanding is that the website was unfinished, and possibly unindexed, and I guess they decided to scrap it for the time being.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2012, 12:48:55 PM

Wow. Archive.org doesn't even have a copy of the website.

Did they ask for removal (of perhaps all cached copies on the web) in case they needed to make a clean getaway and leave as little trail as possible ?

I don't see what taking the site down has to do with anything anyways.

All it shows is that when support is needed from them, all info is REMOVED and they go into hiding.

Thats a bit overboard.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: