Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:17:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Domain name auction - 21stcenturystudyaids.co.uk  (Read 708 times)
red-jet (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 09:33:36 PM

Good afternoon/morning/evening folk of this forum.

I've been around for a while albeit in a lurking manner.

I'd like to set up 2 auctions - one is for the above domain, the other, a brand, i'll post another time.

21stcenturystudyaids.co.uk

as held by godaddy.

I'd like this auction to be as transparent and painless as possible - transparent bidding, eskow, buyer pays any re-registration costs. I'm not sure if there are any - but £18 seems to stick in my mind for some reason.

Ok, this isn't so much a sales pitch more a state of affairs. Although to any well versed entrepreneur in this arena it should all be fairly apparent.

The stakes have risen quite dramatically when it comes to University Fee's in the UK - sitting at an average of $30,325 a year (compared to Germany at $6,245 - but that a different story)

So a 3 year BA/BSc, with no repeat years (at least 50% repeat a year), according to this HSBC report - http://www.hsbc.com.au/1/2/about/news/13/130813 will cost = $90975.

Not all Universities charge $14,400 a year in fees - but over 50% do, increasing year on year.

Now couple that with my generation - who had the mantra 'Education Education Education' rammed down their necks by Tony Blair - fees back then were about $2000 and around 50% didn't have to pay as they were means tested.

The country is bursting with 'degrees' - jeeze I even had a one night stand with a girl doing 'American studies' who got onto her course with 2 EE's at A'level. Poor girl got lost in the bathroom - I digress.

So in a country brimming with degrees and major youth unemployment problem - on has to stand out - so a post grad is essential - that'll be another $30,325, minimum.

Sad to say that for those with Desmonds (that's a 2:2) are well aware 3 years and $90k has lost half its value. For those with 2:1's and 1's - well they have to ante up another $30k to get a post-grad and get noticed.

So now - a high calibre grad has to invest $120,000 - the borderline grad is at risk of losing substantial expected value from his $90k

That's UK domestic students - double it for foreign nationals and then there is the whole arena of professional, life long learning, MBA's etc

It's big big business. Business that has tripled barriers to entry in the last 3 years.

And just as athlete's will do what it takes to shave those few hundredths of a second of their PB - Students are waking up to this as well.

This is why 1 in 5 students are taking nootropics like modafinil - this number increases to 26% in Universities such as Oxford and Cambridge.

http://tab.co.uk/2014/05/08/1-in-5-students-have-used-modafinil-study-drug-survey-results/

It's a natural evolution in a perfect storm, it's entirely legal* Meanwhile as modafinial is out of patent its incredibly cheap to source - albeit you may have to wait a while - took 4 months for my 500g of personal to clear customs.

I love the stuff. Using it 5 days a week I have developed way more work than I can handle. Hence this sale.

I put a lot of effort market research, sourcing, monitoring - more potent - totally legal analogues such as  (bis(fluorophenyl)methyl)sulfinyl)-n-methylacetamide as well as 'stacks'

So along with the domain is 5 hours of my time, be that copywriting, market research, introductions to contacts. Provided you can put a wordpress site up. With effort this could be a great business.

No super rush to sell, there is a reserve - but it's not so high, simply because this could easily become a F/T business and I am focusing on writing and renewable energy.

But to comply with regs - 14 day auction

0.000000 start

Will be checking in from time to time so any questions, happy to give them a shot

Thanks for reading. 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: