Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:16:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does mybitcoin.com have a public API?  (Read 1333 times)
Rage (OP)

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2011, 07:27:54 AM

Hello Everyone,

So I'm in the process of developing a new service for small or mobile merchants who want to easily accept Bitcoin payments but am looking for a service that I can tie into. Right now, I like MyBitcoin but can't find any details on if they have a public API or not. Does anyone know?  If not, do you know of any Bitcoin services like MyBitcoin that do?

Specifically, I need to have the ability to:

- Programatically create a new MyBitcoin (or other service) account
- Generate new Bitcoin addresses
- Query the service for a balance on an account
- Issue payments from an account

Thanks!
Rage

Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 14, 2011, 08:55:42 AM

Hello Everyone,

So I'm in the process of developing a new service for small or mobile merchants who want to easily accept Bitcoin payments but am looking for a service that I can tie into. Right now, I like MyBitcoin but can't find any details on if they have a public API or not. Does anyone know?  If not, do you know of any Bitcoin services like MyBitcoin that do?

Specifically, I need to have the ability to:

- Programatically create a new MyBitcoin (or other service) account

Can't do that with MyBitcoin.

- Generate new Bitcoin addresses

Also not possible. You just get one if I'm correct.

- Query the service for a balance on an account

You can query your own account.

- Issue payments from an account

Thanks!

You can do that from your own account.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/MyBitcoin_SCI
Rage
[/quote]
weavejester

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2011, 07:25:36 PM

I've been working on something like this, but it probably won't be ready for a few weeks.
ryepdx

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 11:56:17 AM

You can do all of these things with Bitcoin Pouch. It exposes a JSON-RPC API similar to the one the official client does. It lives at https://bitcoinpouch.com/api/bitcoind, but please note you will need a Bitcoin Pouch account to use it.

You can play with it via an interactive terminal at https://bitcoinpouch.com/api/bitcoind/browse

Also note that we are in beta testing, so please report any bugs you find! Thanks. :-)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: