Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:53:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTB Bitcoin with PPUSD  (Read 1125 times)
Alarmoz (OP)

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 01:24:33 PM

Paying extra $0.75 each btc with the current market price . Have done 1 trade and never had problem

Payment will be send under gift option .

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
miernik

Activity: 334
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2012, 01:32:08 PM

Paying extra $0.75 each btc with the current market price . Have done 1 trade and never had problem

Payment will be send under gift option .

The only way I'd accept Paypal for Bitcoin is with a 180-day wait after Paypal payment before releasing the coins.
It'll be faster to withdraw to your bank account and send a wire.

coineta.com

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2012, 06:00:08 PM

Hi Miernik

Would you risk 0.01 bitcons for PayPal? I don't think anyone will bother to call PayPal to dispute 5 cents and risk their account frozen. What is the largest amount you would exchange for PayPal?
miernik

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2012, 06:16:48 PM

It's not the point.

I've seen Paypal reverse transactions out of the blue, for no reason, without the sender asking it!
I'm sure, because they were my transactions to someone. Just like that - they reversed it and put the money back to my debit card. Maybe because I connected through TOR. And it happened about a month or two after sending the funds. And no, the receiver didn't reject the funds too. Just Paypal reversed it out of their own stupidity.

Rules for dealing with Paypal (regardless of weather Bitcoin related or not):

1) never keep any money in your Paypal account for longer then it takes you to log in and do a withdrawal
2) any time you receive any money in Paypal withdraw it immediately to your bank account

Paypal as a company is a random operation. They randomly block, freeze accounts, reverse payments, they are less trustworthy then a mostly any randomly chosen member from this forum, even any randomly chosen person from the street. Funds in a Paypal account is not money. Its a "promise to send you money made by a very untrustworthy company". It only becomes money once that promise is realized.

Alarmoz (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 01:03:33 PM

bump

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
miernik

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2012, 01:15:48 PM

Alarmoz: in which country is your Paypal account registered?

coineta.com

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2012, 01:24:10 PM

Alarmoz

I see order on my site www.coineta.com to sell 40 bitcoins. Try buying 1 bitcoin or even 0.01 bitcoin. No one will get your password. Even I can not see it. It is in the RAM on the server. If you too paranoid change the password right after your order is executed. Orders will take less than a minute to execute if they match

bump
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 01:38:02 PM

No one will get your password. Even I can not see it. It is in the RAM on the server. If you too paranoid change the password right after your order is executed. Orders will take less than a minute to execute if they match

Dishonesty gets you nowhere.  It is one thing to tell people they should trust you with their Paypal password (a dubious business model) it is another to blatantly lie. 

If you have admin access on your server then you have the ability to see/record/sell the passwords.  The fact that you "won't" doesn't mean you "can't".
coineta.com

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2012, 01:49:32 PM

Not using  current code and I am not going to change that. I would not risk storing passwords. Security on my servers is very strong but you never know. I would not want to compensate people if their accounts are hacked.

I think I have to keep my site up for a long time to eventually build the trust but it will eventually happen

No one will get your password. Even I can not see it. It is in the RAM on the server. If you too paranoid change the password right after your order is executed. Orders will take less than a minute to execute if they match

Dishonesty gets you nowhere.  It is one thing to tell people they should trust you with their Paypal password (a dubious business model) it is another to blatantly lie. 

If you have admin access on your server then you have the ability to see/record/sell the passwords.  The fact that you "won't" doesn't mean you "can't".
coineta.com

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2012, 03:13:23 PM

I just bought from my site from someone $0.30 worth of bitcoins. The price is a little high but I bought it for testing the site. Order executed in less than 1 minute

http://i45.tinypic.com/oiu3pk.jpg
Alarmoz (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2012, 08:32:44 PM

bump

miernik

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2012, 08:36:35 PM

Anybody wants to see how selling Bitcoins with Paypal ends?
Even when with a member who done a lot of good trades?

Here:
http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=spawn-&sign=ANY&type=RECV&sortby=created_at&sortorder=DESC

Learn.

Never take Paypal for Bitcoin.

Just learn.

Anybody accepting Paypal for Bitcoin WILL lost money at some point, its just a matter of time.

Better learn earlier.

coineta.com

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2012, 08:59:16 PM

If you trade a lot you will eventually encounter a scammer and you might loose whatever payment method you use
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: