Bitcoin Forum
December 14, 2017, 01:20:02 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think 1.00 BTC will worth more than $10,000.00 USD at any time in 2015?  (Read 28381 times)
Snipe85

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 11:09:56 PM

Let's try a different example, then.

Fiat = a guitar
BTC = an air guitar

Someone could argue that the air guitar has monetary value, but it's up to others to believe it. The real guitar is a physical item. You can see it. You can feel it. It obviously has value because many people use them and buy/sell/trade them.

If someone went around selling guitars, it would be obvious that you either have it or you don't. There's no other way to see it. If you can hold it, you have it.

The air guitar, on the other hand, isn't seen or felt. Someone says "I'll give you this air guitar for $10." You accept. Then they say "hah, just so you know, you got nothing!" Think they're going to trust the next person that offers the same thing? Hell no. And they won't let their friends fall for it, either.

This doesn't discourage people from buying domains and other virtual items. Someone could argue that a domain has real value, as you can directly exchange it to a physical item, if both parties agree on it, but can you see it and hold it? No. Is its value stable and regulated? No, because today it can be worth $10 and next month $1000. Does it mean everyone who failed to make money on domains will lose trust in people selling them? Hell no.  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cconvert2G36

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 02:03:21 AM

Nope.
bronan

Activity: 758

Lazy Lurker Reads Alot

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 02:05:23 AM

I sure not believe btc will get anything near that amount this your or next year
montreal

Activity: 181

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 02:58:46 AM

imo no
gugel8989

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 03:27:18 AM

well, i dont think so.

bcos i think $10,000.00 USD its damn big tho.

but maybe it can touch arround 400-500  Tongue, depend the issue or news on bitcoins.

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 1470

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 09:56:52 AM

$6000 with retrace to 2 (thousand  Wink )  ....initially. But very quickly, continued growth from there.

Once a trend reversal is established we'll see the start of a massive pricing in of:

• all the infrastructure development of the last 18 months
   • impending new money from institutional sources
   • the fact that it didn't go to zero

Notes:

[1] - On the last point, many were waiting to see if that would be the conclusion of the 2014 correction. If it doesn't go to zero now then it's here to stay and that will be the signal most investors needed.

[2] - Another 'concern' that will have been scotched is that 'something better will replace it' because 2014 was the year of the altcoin. Loads came along that were "better than bitcoin" in every way, shape and form but none of them even made a dent in its cap. Meanwhile, Bitcoin continued to dig itself in. So although I think the alts will continue to advance  and grow in value, bitcoin is IT as far as your reserve crypto goes.
ChuckBuck

Activity: 602

Vietnamese Translator

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 12:59:40 PM

Never say never, but with a quarter of the year in the books in the 4th month, there seems no signs of us surging into the 4 figures let alone 5 figure fiat amounts.

Besides a few short pokes above $300, this year has been a disappointment for Bitcoin (price wise).

Some really good development, investment, and acceptance news, but not that one bombshell bit of news yet that'll really move the masses.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
'BTC MULTI-WALLET SOON'
▬▬▬▬ Download WHITEPAPER ▬▬▬▬

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

███▀▀
▐▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▐▌
███▄▄
▀▀███
▐▌▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌▌
▄▄███
ensurance982

Activity: 518

Trust me!

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 01:02:42 PM

Never say never, but with a quarter of the year in the books in the 4th month, there seems no signs of us surging into the 4 figures let alone 5 figure fiat amounts.

Besides a few short pokes above $300, this year has been a disappointment for Bitcoin (price wise).

Some really good development, investment, and acceptance news, but not that one bombshell bit of news yet that'll really move the masses.

The first stop is $1k, of course - no sense in debating that. But as soon as there's a new ATH, things tend to get exciting pretty pretty quickly. I'd be careful at $3k or so, though. $10k this year? No, not a chance.

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1610

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 01:04:37 PM

The first stop is $1k, of course - no sense in debating that. But as soon as there's a new ATH, things tend to get exciting pretty pretty quickly. I'd be careful at $3k or so, though. $10k this year? No, not a chance.

The closer we get to the ATH, the more resistance we'll hit. People have largely learned from the last 6-7x it's happened that the price will fall shortly after, so there's going to be massive dumps. The only way to overcome this is to have a LOT of money coming in within a short period of time.

Earn Devcoins by Writing
ensurance982

Trust me!

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 01:07:37 PM

The closer we get to the ATH, the more resistance we'll hit. People have largely learned from the last 6-7x it's happened that the price will fall shortly after, so there's going to be massive dumps. The only way to overcome this is to have a LOT of money coming in within a short period of time.

Quite the contrary... As soon as we're in another confirmed bull-market, people will buy, buy, buy. people who sold will buy at a higher price. Everyone will work towards a bubble and that bubble will happen. The only question remaining is: How big will that bubble be.

Snipe85

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 09:01:22 PM

Quite the contrary... As soon as we're in another confirmed bull-market, people will buy, buy, buy. people who sold will buy at a higher price. Everyone will work towards a bubble and that bubble will happen. The only question remaining is: How big will that bubble be.
It's not the only one. The more important question is when will it happen. I'd be happy with a small bubble, as long as I don't have to wait 2 years for it. Wink

bassclef

Activity: 910

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 11:34:45 PM

It's not the only one. The more important question is when will it happen. I'd be happy with a small bubble, as long as I don't have to wait 2 years for it. Wink

There will be one, and it will start when nobody's expecting it. We'll probably get a month or three of relative stability, or a slow upward price drift, before it happens taking everyone by surprise. Active markets just don't go in straight lines forever.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 09:13:09 AM

I completely agree with you. This is what happened the last 20-30x we started quickly heading towards the ATH, right? Or not.

Earn Devcoins by Writing
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 07:49:12 AM

Bitcoin's bubbles are smaller than they used to be. Now they last about a week, with maybe a 20% price change.
ensurance982

Trust me!

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 10:57:28 AM

We just have to go above the ATH.. maybe 1.5x and people will maybe then stop calling Bitcoin a fad, or predict its impending downfall. Sometimes you just have to show confidence in your investments Smiley

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 11:03:43 PM

We just have to go above the ATH.. maybe 1.5x and people will maybe then stop calling Bitcoin a fad, or predict its impending downfall. Sometimes you just have to show confidence in your investments Smiley

Yep, same thing that happened the first time (/s). If you pay attention, when BTC's price rises significantly it brings MORE hostility. It turns into "someone's manipulating it with their hundreds of millions of dollars so they can cash out."

Earn Devcoins by Writing
MRKLYE
Legendary

Activity: 1260

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 11:15:56 PM

I would be basically fucked if BTC goes to that price. I still owe ~23 BTC on KLYEMAX and $10,000 BTC would be a catastrophe for me.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 04:19:33 AM

I would be basically fucked if BTC goes to that price. I still owe ~23 BTC on KLYEMAX and $10,000 BTC would be a catastrophe for me.

Not to be a dick but... you actually are making good on that whole "I used your money to gamble and lost it" situation?

Earn Devcoins by Writing
Cconvert2G36

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 04:23:25 AM

Not to be a dick but... you actually are making good on that whole "I used your money to gamble and lost it" situation?

lel
OrientA

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 06:59:32 AM

well, i dont think so.

bcos i think $10,000.00 USD its damn big tho.

but maybe it can touch arround 400-500  Tongue, depend the issue or news on bitcoins.

I think so too. $10,000 is the target for 2020-2025.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.