Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:09:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think 1.00 BTC will worth more than $10,000.00 USD at any time in 2015?  (Read 28710 times)
ensurance982

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Trust me!

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 04:30:53 PM

Well, I think only few people still believe in a $10k coin this year... I guess $1k is still very much possible, some may even consider it likely, but $10k... nope, I don't think so.

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 05:03:26 PM

1 btc = $10,000 is when I`m dead lol.

Current rates right now are around 200ish after 4 years of bitcoin scene. You would have to see a tremendous amount of growth between now and the end of this year so I doubt it would be $10k.

Its already almost mid way end of 2015.
BitcoinNewbie15

Activity: 574
Merit: 296

Bitcoin isn't a bubble. It's the pin!

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 05:26:17 PM

I don't think we will see $10,000/Bitcoin this year. It would definitely be awesome though.
Natalia_AnatolioPAMM

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 05:37:10 PM

I don't think we will see $10,000/Bitcoin this year. It would definitely be awesome though.

I don't think we ever see that
BitmoreCoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 05:53:09 PM

Bitcoin will not be over $10,000 this year.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 05:58:55 PM

no. 2019, until then nothing will happen.
ensurance982

Trust me!

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 06:00:07 PM

1 btc = $10,000 is when I`m dead lol.

Current rates right now are around 200ish after 4 years of bitcoin scene. You would have to see a tremendous amount of growth between now and the end of this year so I doubt it would be $10k.

Its already almost mid way end of 2015.

I've seen the price going up from $70 to $1100... If we apply that to current levels, this would bring us to about $3'750... Another 3x increase and we'd be at $10k... It is actually not as much of a jump as many people think, I believe!

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 07:54:09 PM

With one scam after another coming up in the crypto world, at this point we have a better chance of hitting $100 than $1000, much less $10k.
We are somehow getting more immune to the scam news and now it takes quite a lot of stolen coins to have any direct impact on the price of Bitcoin. Sadly, this still happens and, if frequent, it may in the end have bigger impact, as you say. All we need, is more fundamental developments that will strengthen the adoption to convince more people to use Bitcoin. Once the trend reverses and the are more positive news, we may see the rise again. Of course, there is also a possibility of another purely speculative bubble, but that would be very negative for Bitcoin in the long run. 

I always have to spell this out to people... *we* are meaningless. We're involved in BTC. We know how things work. We're a community. In regards to BTC's growth, we're irrelevant at this point. We need OTHERS. The people that DON'T know how things work and all they hear about is "scam scam ponzi scam ponzi ponzi scam." These are the responses I've gotten from at least 100 different people I've tried to introduce BTC to. Usually it ends up with them showing a news article about another big scam and then writing off anything I say from that point on because "it's obviously a scam and you're going to lose everything you put into it."

People need to get out of this mindset that what WE think matters. It doesn't. We have to GROW. That means bringing OTHERS on. And as long as some douchebags keep doing everything in their power to ensure nobody else trusts the system enough to look into it, this simply isn't going to happen.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Snipe85

Activity: 756

Infleum

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 08:19:33 PM

Sure, because there are no ponzis and scams in fiat. Somehow I don't see any markets or currencies die or significantly decline in value just because a bank cheated its clients or got robbed, yet people are making so much fuss when something like this happens in the Bitcoin world. Chill!  Cool

ensurance982

Trust me!

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 08:27:18 PM

Sure, because there are no ponzis and scams in fiat. Somehow I don't see any markets or currencies die or significantly decline in value just because a bank cheated its clients or got robbed, yet people are making so much fuss when something like this happens in the Bitcoin world. Chill!  Cool

Bitcoin has only a handful of big exchanges. When the Lehman Brothers went bust back in the 2008 crisis, many markets crashed as hard as Bitcoin did after many of its bubbles.

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 08:29:56 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2015, 08:59:45 PM by ranlo

Sure, because there are no ponzis and scams in fiat. Somehow I don't see any markets or currencies die or significantly decline in value just because a bank cheated its clients or got robbed, yet people are making so much fuss when something like this happens in the Bitcoin world. Chill!  Cool

I wasn't aware that the government didn't support fiat, or that we can hold our bitcoins in our hand, or that fiat isn't widely usable and have shown a history of being accepted everywhere, as well as being guaranteed to have value by the government.

You are quite literally comparing two very different things. Like saying "airplanes must be safe because cars all have airbags!"

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 08:54:42 PM

That has nothing to do with the fact that almost everybody uses fiat and very few know (not even use!) Bitcoin.
Deployment, deployment and mass adoption - that is what we need in the end.
Take your grandparents for example and try to convince them to use Bitcoin instead of fiat (despite many scams being run in fiat as well).

this space is intentionally left blank
Snipe85

Infleum

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 09:17:09 PM

Bitcoin has only a handful of big exchanges. When the Lehman Brothers went bust back in the 2008 crisis, many markets crashed as hard as Bitcoin did after many of its bubbles.
Just like Bitcoin did after the Gox incident, but it's still here. If we managed to survive the death of the biggest and oldest exchange, what's there to worry about?

I wasn't aware that the government didn't support fiat, or that we can hold our bitcoins in our hand, or that fiat isn't widely usable and have shown a history of being accepted everywhere, as well as being guaranteed to have value by the government.

You are quite literally comparing two very different things. Like saying "airplanes must be safe because cars all have airbags!"

I rather feel like I'm comparing a tiny aircraft with a jumbo jet, but both of them are up in the air as we speak and none of them will fall just because somebody decided shoot a pistol in their direction.
Both fiat and Bitcoin won't die just because somebody decided to start a new ponzi.

That has nothing to do with the fact that almost everybody uses fiat and very few know (not even use!) Bitcoin.
Take your grandparents for example and try to convince them to use Bitcoin instead of fiat (despite many scams being run in fiat as well).
That's true, but we're slowly getting there.
They don't use the internet and ask people to buy stuff online for them, so it's a lost cause, but I doubt scams are the main reason older people use fiat and not BTC. Usually they are to lazy or to afraid to learn something new. Teaching them about Bitcoin is dragging them out of their comfort zone.

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 09:26:20 PM

Just like Bitcoin did after the Gox incident, but it's still here. If we managed to survive the death of the biggest and oldest exchange, what's there to worry about?

I rather feel like I'm comparing a tiny aircraft with a jumbo jet, but both of them are up in the air as we speak and none of them will fall just because somebody decided shoot a pistol in their direction.
Both fiat and Bitcoin won't die just because somebody decided to start a new ponzi.

That's true, but we're slowly getting there.
They don't use the internet and ask people to buy stuff online for them, so it's a lost cause, but I doubt scams are the main reason older people use fiat and not BTC. Usually they are to lazy or to afraid to learn something new. Teaching them about Bitcoin is dragging them out of their comfort zone.

Let's try a different example, then.

Fiat = a guitar
BTC = an air guitar

Someone could argue that the air guitar has monetary value, but it's up to others to believe it. The real guitar is a physical item. You can see it. You can feel it. It obviously has value because many people use them and buy/sell/trade them.

If someone went around selling guitars, it would be obvious that you either have it or you don't. There's no other way to see it. If you can hold it, you have it.

The air guitar, on the other hand, isn't seen or felt. Someone says "I'll give you this air guitar for $10." You accept. Then they say "hah, just so you know, you got nothing!" Think they're going to trust the next person that offers the same thing? Hell no. And they won't let their friends fall for it, either.

Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 09:48:35 PM

Seems legit.

or rubbish.
Snipe85

Infleum

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 11:09:56 PM

Let's try a different example, then.

Fiat = a guitar
BTC = an air guitar

Someone could argue that the air guitar has monetary value, but it's up to others to believe it. The real guitar is a physical item. You can see it. You can feel it. It obviously has value because many people use them and buy/sell/trade them.

If someone went around selling guitars, it would be obvious that you either have it or you don't. There's no other way to see it. If you can hold it, you have it.

The air guitar, on the other hand, isn't seen or felt. Someone says "I'll give you this air guitar for $10." You accept. Then they say "hah, just so you know, you got nothing!" Think they're going to trust the next person that offers the same thing? Hell no. And they won't let their friends fall for it, either.

This doesn't discourage people from buying domains and other virtual items. Someone could argue that a domain has real value, as you can directly exchange it to a physical item, if both parties agree on it, but can you see it and hold it? No. Is its value stable and regulated? No, because today it can be worth $10 and next month $1000. Does it mean everyone who failed to make money on domains will lose trust in people selling them? Hell no.  Smiley

Cconvert2G36

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 02:03:21 AM

Nope.
bronan

Activity: 774

Lazy Lurker Reads Alot

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 02:05:23 AM

I sure not believe btc will get anything near that amount this your or next year
montreal

Activity: 328
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 02:58:46 AM

imo no

DAEX ◄► RELIABLE CLEARING ECOSYSTEM ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ANNWHITEPAPERBOUNTY 
gugel8989

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 03:27:18 AM

well, i dont think so.

bcos i think $10,000.00 USD its damn big tho.

but maybe it can touch arround 400-500  Tongue, depend the issue or news on bitcoins.

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: