Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:00:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think 1.00 BTC will worth more than $10,000.00 USD at any time in 2015?  (Read 28710 times)
BitmoreCoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 01:38:09 PM

I really just hope it will hit $500

So do I.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
uhoh

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Circle gets the Square

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 01:47:30 PM

Yea but now you are confusing traders with investors.

A trader will have no impact on the price's highness itself, a trader only tightens the spread and ads liquidity to it. Some will win and some will lose but its a zero sum game.

An investor will need rational requirements for to invest in bitcoin, but since it's established, sometimes a low price is enough. Perhaps a few good news.
Okay, I don't see how that invalidates my argument/post. Any intelligent investor knows to cut their losses. They're not going to keep throwing more money down the drain if they think the investment failed.

Ok but its not like bitcoin has failed because many people were scammed by MT Gox.

So what they lost a few $ here and there, but the price can easily turn around at anytime, and then recover the losses.

Of course those who quit BTC have lost forever.

There's an old saying: Every loss is only temporary, quitting makes it permanent Smiley

Isn't that the old saying of many a bankrupt compulsive gambler?
Lituation

Activity: 698

Free Speech is the most important thing.

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 02:29:30 PM

Do you think 1.00 BTC will worth more than $10,000.00 USD at any time in 2015?

Make it 2019, I still don't think it will reach $10,000.00 USD.

I really just hope it will hit $500

Well, that's possible and I'm expecting this in 2 years.
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 03:35:26 PM

A trader will have no impact on the price's highness itself, a trader only tightens the spread and ads liquidity to it. Some will win and some will lose but its a zero sum game.

An investor will need rational requirements for to invest in bitcoin, but since it's established, sometimes a low price is enough. Perhaps a few good news.
Okay, I don't see how that invalidates my argument/post. Any intelligent investor knows to cut their losses. They're not going to keep throwing more money down the drain if they think the investment failed.

Ok but its not like bitcoin has failed because many people were scammed by MT Gox.

So what they lost a few $ here and there, but the price can easily turn around at anytime, and then recover the losses.

There's an old saying: Every loss is only temporary, quitting makes it permanent Smiley

lol
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2015, 07:03:53 PM

um, no.

insert coin here:
Dash XfXZL8WL18zzNhaAqWqEziX2bUvyJbrC8s

1Ctd7Na8qE7btyueEshAJF5C7ZqFWH11Wc
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1068

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 07:54:10 PM

How they bought bitcoins below 100$? If they could then the market have alraedy gone below 100$, thats not how price discovery works  Grin

Your BID order wont get executed unless the one above you got executed, you can put any amound of chunk orders to sell, if there is 1 guy selling 10000 Bitcoins at a price just above you. Also if the Ask orders cumulatively have a larger volume than those 10000 volume bid orders, then your chunk orders will never get executed and the price will go up again (and another guy will bid up the price above you to fill in the spread created void, there is no incentive for traders to sell at a lower than fair price to you) Grin

It all depends on demand from the perspective of buyers.Learn how the markets work bro  Wink

I bought some Bitcoin for less than $15 each back in 2012.

You might not realise it but there are going to be lots of people out there who purchased Bitcoins when they were priced well under $100 a few years ago and they still have them.

One little example of this is the Winklevoss brothers who reportedly hold around 100,000 Bitcoin which they purchased for around $11 each. They still have them.

Roll Eyes
GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 08:38:55 PM

No because gambling was never set up for you to win, its for the house. But in trading it's different, if you know when, or how to trade, then obviously you can make money.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 08:40:56 PM

How they bought bitcoins below 100$? If they could then the market have alraedy gone below 100$, thats not how price discovery works  Grin

Your BID order wont get executed unless the one above you got executed, you can put any amound of chunk orders to sell, if there is 1 guy selling 10000 Bitcoins at a price just above you. Also if the Ask orders cumulatively have a larger volume than those 10000 volume bid orders, then your chunk orders will never get executed and the price will go up again (and another guy will bid up the price above you to fill in the spread created void, there is no incentive for traders to sell at a lower than fair price to you) Grin

It all depends on demand from the perspective of buyers.Learn how the markets work bro  Wink

I bought some Bitcoin for less than $15 each back in 2012.

You might not realise it but there are going to be lots of people out there who purchased Bitcoins when they were priced well under $100 a few years ago and they still have them.

One little example of this is the Winklevoss brothers who reportedly hold around 100,000 Bitcoin which they purchased for around $11 each. They still have them.

Roll Eyes

I bought bitcoin at 250€ (ask price) and now i can sell them at 200 € (bid price). The BID<->ASK didnt moved alot, but the spread is definitely fucking huge due to comissions/regulation/VAT and other crappy extra payments that you have to pay generally.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
misterycoins

Activity: 249

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 05:22:15 PM

10k is too high ...
I have a feeling that reaching 1K again will take some time. The Gox effect will linger around for some time. Possibly a 1-2 years.
Malin Keshar

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 07:22:03 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2015, 02:29:29 PM by Malin Keshar

no way, sir.

not even $500, I must say
DonQuijote
Legendary

Activity: 1551
Merit: 1002

♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚&#

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 07:40:06 PM

No... its not possible... we need halving, mtgox btc, winklevos...
5 years maybe

THE INGENIOUS GENTLEMAN DON QUIXOTE OF LA MANCHA
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚♝♞♜ BTC tip: 39gUUFdJBdKWXnLoh3PMNX9eUz3DwakBKq
malickie

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 07:53:43 PM

So, within the past month or so BTC has seen acceptance in the world trade markets, IE the New York Stock Exchange has Invested into BTC as well as having a Bitcoin Price Index Launched.  Coinbase got $75 Million worth of funding.  So I don't see BTC Dropping out anytime soon.  The fact is BTC is getting massive world wide attention right now, that could be a good thing or a bad thing honestly.  I Hope it's a good thing but that of course remains to be seen.  At the end of the day though a lot of investments have been happening recently so take that as you will but I am hopeful that we will see a rise in price over the year, maybe break out of $300.

Highly doubt it will reach anywhere near $10k within the year though, as the governments need to get their grubby little hands in it.  As is the IRS in the US seems to think that people dealing in BTC need to pay Capital Gains if you make a gain.  Like say you buy $10 worth of BTC Now and a month later it is worth $20, they think you should pay capital gains on that $10 you made.  Might make people flee from BTC at that point.  Just hope not but time will tell.

I mean after all who thought cars would be everywhere in the 1800's, let alone cellphones, televisions, space stations etc. 

New technology is always hit or miss.

mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 10:24:15 PM

there was a thread not long ago, but it mentioned about being 1% of any of the following categories to hit.

It has a serious point, but thats if you had the metrics to see where its at currently.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1066414.new#new
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 12:49:42 AM

5 years maybe

mt.gox? or you mean like having no more mt.gox situations.

All the elements you mentioned can actually happen within the same year. Its just a matter of time those twins get something right.

Cconvert2G36

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 01:04:07 AM

5 years maybe

mt.gox? or you mean like having no more mt.gox situations.

All the elements you mentioned can actually happen within the same year. Its just a matter of time those twins get something right.

He probably means the 200,000 (found) gox btc, to be returned to creditors. A sword of Damocles hanging over the market until they are returned, some will definitely be sold as disillusioned victims wash their hands of the whole thing.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 01:08:20 AM

He probably means the 200,000 (found) gox btc, to be returned to creditors. A sword of Damocles hanging over the market until they are returned, some will definitely be sold as disillusioned victims wash their hands of the whole thing.

Is that 200,000 figure confirmed? I would've thought that would be the only source of funding for the lawyers, bankruptcy proceedings etc.

Cconvert2G36

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 01:19:04 AM

Is that 200,000 figure confirmed? I would've thought that would be the only source of funding for the lawyers, bankruptcy proceedings etc.

The flurry of press from march 2014 says 180-200k. I've never seen the address nor a signed statement from the key, but it seems pretty confirmed.

Some will definitely be sold to pay for lawyers. With the victims getting the remainder in btc, or sold and transferred in fiat.

Edit: http://qntra.net/2015/04/mtgox-trustee-has-200k-bitcoins-creditors-to-line-up-as-bankruptcy-progresses/
limar

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 01:21:09 AM

it didnt look like but wish if it will be

Go to Hell
Fiat_Hodler

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 06:46:00 AM

not in 2015. Maybe some time in the future but it doesnt necessarily need to.

at this point it would be good if BTC would just go above 300 and remain there for a while in order to regain peoples' confidence.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 07:15:28 AM
Last edit: May 27, 2015, 11:43:11 AM by Amph

not in 2015. Maybe some time in the future but it doesnt necessarily need to.

at this point it would be good if BTC would just go above 300 and remain there for a while in order to regain peoples' confidence.

not in 2016 either, you need a couple of halving block for this price to be achieved, miners are still playing their big role in the tanking fest

those small dump are coming from their action
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: