Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:07:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2014-10-14] Georgia Straight: CoinFest Convention Goes Global for 2015  (Read 1300 times)
The Bitcoin Co-op (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2014, 11:58:29 PM

Andrew was interviewed by the Georgia Straight about CoinFest: http://www.straight.com/life/757391/vancouvers-coinfest-bitcoin-convention-goes-global-2015

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1009

Ad maiora!

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 03:05:45 AM

I wish a little of that bitcoin sentiment would blow over to the island here (victoria bc)
half the people I know are living with woodstove heating and no computers(!) total luddites! its funny because they are such anarchists that I thought they would all love cryptos, but alas, the same internal power struggles and high-school dynamics that led them to rebel against society have also made them bitter, narrow minded and paranoid. maybe i need some new friends lol.
sigh. its always more exciting over in van groovy! good work guys!
The Bitcoin Co-op (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2014, 03:40:28 AM

I wish a little of that bitcoin sentiment would blow over to the island here (victoria bc)
half the people I know are living with woodstove heating and no computers(!) total luddites! its funny because they are such anarchists that I thought they would all love cryptos, but alas, the same internal power struggles and high-school dynamics that led them to rebel against society have also made them bitter, narrow minded and paranoid. maybe i need some new friends lol.
sigh. its always more exciting over in van groovy! good work guys!
I guess that's why you started posting on the forums. Cheesy  We would like to bring some Bitcoin cheer to Victoria, but we need more helpers--we have none over there.

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1009

Ad maiora!

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 12:22:09 AM

I can inquire around. I know a book store downtown that accepts it, and a cafe, i dont think they do much business. I dont know many tech sector types, but I'll put the word out, maybe we can get something going.

Dont expect too much too soon. I suspect the interested parties are already paying attention, probably have been in contact with you... it is seriously difficult to get anything new rolling here. I came here 10 years ago to run a friends art gallery and I was paying money from my own pocket to keep it open, I had to beg people to come to shows, i advertized FREE WINE!!!! I'm not really involved too much any more, but 10 years later they are still struggling to stay afloat. Victoria is a very insular small town and everyone is very resistant to new ideas and change.

If there;s anything I can do to help, or if you have suggestions for helping me evangelize the bitcoin let me know. I do what I can but it is frustrating... the reaction is only ever one of 2 things...they already know everything they want to know, or, outright dismissal.
The Bitcoin Co-op (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2014, 01:23:32 AM

I can inquire around. I know a book store downtown that accepts it, and a cafe, i dont think they do much business. I dont know many tech sector types, but I'll put the word out, maybe we can get something going.

Dont expect too much too soon. I suspect the interested parties are already paying attention, probably have been in contact with you... it is seriously difficult to get anything new rolling here. I came here 10 years ago to run a friends art gallery and I was paying money from my own pocket to keep it open, I had to beg people to come to shows, i advertized FREE WINE!!!! I'm not really involved too much any more, but 10 years later they are still struggling to stay afloat. Victoria is a very insular small town and everyone is very resistant to new ideas and change.

If there;s anything I can do to help, or if you have suggestions for helping me evangelize the bitcoin let me know. I do what I can but it is frustrating... the reaction is only ever one of 2 things...they already know everything they want to know, or, outright dismissal.
Well, if it doesnt' work out, you're always welcome at the Vancouver CoinFest. Smiley Discount on hotel rooms if you pay with Bitcoin.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: