Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:59:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Market Share Bubble and Bitcoin what/where?
Its a Bubble (will rebound) - 4 (17.4%)
Its a Bubble (will stagnate) - 1 (4.3%)
Not a bubble (finding floor) - 6 (26.1%)
Not a bubble (dead cat bounce btc dead) - 5 (21.7%)
No frigging idea - 7 (30.4%)
Total Voters: 23

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looks to me $150 usd to BTC possible? market curve bubble chart (see below)  (Read 2516 times)
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 02:18:35 AM
Last edit: October 28, 2014, 04:36:35 AM by Searing

I don't see any reason for the price of Bitcoin to stop dropping  ...even down to the $150 usd or so mark my somewhat 'lame' reasoning below....

assuming that bitcoin is actually following this type of action below (note: edit diff chart...scary thou it is)

again if the above is correct and this bubble (if I remember correctly) started last Oct 2013 (I got my knc Jupiter 550gh on Oct 18th 2013 when  BTC was $150 usd)

then again if the above chart has any merit...it will go BACK to about $150 usd ...before HOPEFULLY it rebounds or not (ie dead cat bounce and such) to another bubble?

right now ...it looks to me like it is following the above down the line...so imho (not that I know squat) $150 usd looks possible before it either dead cat bounces to oblivion

or starts upward again ....into another bubble (I'm holding hope this is the senario...but lately with bitcoin prices dropping adding to my stress/pucker issues)

HOPEFULLY $150 usd would light a fire under everyone and BTC would rebound ...maybe even likely into a bubble again....(hey a person can hope)

anyway comments on why/how this is following such a chart above and what you think the likely outcome will be rebound or dead cat bounce

or hell maybe there is actually NO way to tell at this point ...but again imho the above chart is 'daunting' to say the least!

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 03:26:44 AM

You'll find a lot more that say "why it's not" but whatever...
Good luck!  Smiley

That is just a typical bubble burst. There is nothing forcing it to follow that exactly. It may, but it may not.
The reason for my original comment was that this image has been posted here countless times over the last 3+ years and many people don't like to see it. Denial?  Undecided

Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 03:45:03 AM

You'll find a lot more that say "why it's not" but whatever...
Good luck!  Smiley

That is just a typical bubble burst. There is nothing forcing it to follow that exactly. It may, but it may not.
The reason for my original comment was that this image has been posted here countless times over the last 3+ years and many people don't like to see it. Denial?  Undecided

yeah I know...just that it seems to be following a pattern...to me anyway in the sense that when I started mining Oct 18th 2013
I think btc was exactly $150 usd...so I figured it was a nice little hobby and maybe with the 'expected at that time' gradual difficulty
curve upward in say 7 months or so I could pay off my miner and 'gasp' perhaps even go along an pay house utils with the miner for a few
months after!

Then of course all "heck" broke loose and BTC went to 1164 or some such high in dec or something and now it is a year later and the
chart you see before you .that seems to pretty much show the somewhat ..shall we say.....'too soon' exuberance of Bitcoin

so that leaves us with the question 'flash in the pan' 'fad' what the critics say using this chart

or

just setting up for another cycle (crosses finger) of boom then perhaps another bust

but again from 'my perspective' from last oct 18th 2013 ...seems to me it started at $150 USD and IF I MEAN IF the above chart
has any meaning ...seems destined to try to hit that so called 'mean' of $150 usd yet again

my only hope that this is a cycle of boom/bust rather then 'dead cat bounce to oblivion" is that BTC has LEGITIMATE use espeically
overseas...I know guys from chat in Ukraine that are 'frigging thrilled' to be able to get their assets out of Crimea when Russia took over

so that is the hope....but yeah that chart above definitely gives me 'pucker problems' on holding coin ..I am doing so (52 coin) but
balls to the wall ...it is tough don't ya know

my other fear is that if btc goes down to around $150 there will be a whole nother round of FUD by the press etc on how it is a failure
hard to get the public involved when imho you get those kinda over reactions as well

anyway again the chart is just out there ..perhaps due to my paranoid fears..but the trendline again imho is daunting

(of course dead cat bounce trendline is worse)

below chart is what I HOPE is going on with bitcoin a boom/bust (if everything is gonna be erratic with BTC I'd prefer it so in BOTH directions up and down)

guess a person really won't know till sometime in 2015 when this all plays out..either at lower $$$ or higher $$$ for BTC ....

anyway holding ...but no frigging idea if that is a brilliant strategy or not? Time will tell I guess...

then again maybe the below link is the KEY!

http://www.ask8ball.net/

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
RonPaulBTC

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 01:06:49 PM

It's funny how bitcoin is in a constant state of crashing (according to the media). If you only read mainstream headlines about bitcoin, you'd think the price was deep in negative territory by now!
9kv

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

Learning

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 01:10:12 PM

I don't see any reason for the price of Bitcoin to stop dropping  ...even down to the $150 usd or so mark my somewhat 'lame' reasoning below....

assuming that bitcoin is actually following this type of action/chart below

again if the above is correct and this bubble (if I remember correctly) started last Oct 2013 (I got my knc Jupiter 550gh on Oct 18th 2013 when  BTC was $150 usd)

then again if the above chart has any merit...it will go BACK to about $150 usd ...before HOPEFULLY it rebounds or not (ie dead cat bounce and such) to another bubble?

right now ...it looks to me like it is following the above down the line...so imho (not that I know squat) $150 usd looks possible before it either dead cat bounces to oblivion

or starts upward again ....into another bubble (I'm holding hope this is the senario...but lately with bitcoin prices dropping adding to my stress/pucker issues)

HOPEFULLY $150 usd would light a fire under everyone and BTC would rebound ...maybe even likely into a bubble again....(hey a person can hope)

anyway comments on why/how this is following such a chart above and what you think the likely outcome will be rebound or dead cat bounce

or hell maybe there is actually NO way to tell at this point ...but again imho the above chart is 'daunting' to say the least!

We're still in the "first sell off" part.
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 01:19:51 PM

It's funny how bitcoin is in a constant state of crashing (according to the media). ...

It might have something to do with this:

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 01:28:29 PM

If you follow the dotted line we are around $320 along that line right now.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
magicmexican

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 01:42:01 PM

I've never seen that graph before in my life, saved.
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 01:44:04 PM

If Dilma wouldn't have been reelected, then maybe she would have (at the advice of JorgeStolfi) put some of her kickbacks
into bitcoin (to hide them from the investigators) and stopped the decline, but unfortunately she was reelected.

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
NotLambchop

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 01:47:44 PM

I suspect most BTC hodlers are lacking such basic info.
Better late than never tho, glad to help.
Omikifuse
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 01:52:24 PM

was expecting some serious analysis.

After all, after we broke into 300's, everything is possible.

But I stopped the reading when I reached your graph. It is the most overused picture in the known universe
NotLambchop

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 02:09:09 PM

was expecting some serious analysis.

After all, after we broke into 300's, everything is possible.

But I stopped the reading when I reached your graph. It is the most overused picture in the known universe

It is used so often because it represents the Bitcoin price movement.  Bitcoin price speculation is the subject of this forum.
Please continue to rely on, and brag about, your short attention span--I'm not here to teach those who prize ignorance.
jcoin200

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 11:22:37 AM

I suspect most BTC hodlers are lacking such basic info.
Better late than never tho, glad to help.

Yes, but it seems like any "holder" still holding has told themselves they will see $1000 prices again.  I think they are slowly realizing that only happened becasue of fraud at Gox, and are slowly getting out while they can get something for their btc.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 11:30:51 AM

More cockeyed optimism from the new wealthy elite this morning? Nope

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
noma

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 12:01:29 PM

It can always drop down to below 150$, and the only reason is that holding does no good, but using it does. Bitcoin is a technology that has an application, and holding really doesn't make much sense.

▓▓▓▓    New Real-time Cryptocurrency Exchange             → CREATE  ACCOUNT ▓▓▓▓
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅  BIT-X.com  ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
▓▓▓▓    Supported Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP → OFFICIAL THREAD ▓▓▓▓
porcupine87

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

hm

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 01:52:23 PM

I don't see any reason for the price of Bitcoin to stop dropping  ...even down to the $150 usd or so mark my somewhat 'lame' reasoning below....

assuming that bitcoin is actually following this type of action below (note: edit diff chart...scary thou it is)

again if the above is correct and this bubble (if I remember correctly) started last Oct 2013 (I got my knc Jupiter 550gh on Oct 18th 2013 when  BTC was $150 usd)

yep. "Bear Rally" and now down.

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: