Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:44:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC REWARD FOR HELP --- BAMT boot issue, machine freezes after trying to boot  (Read 3464 times)
David_Benz (OP)
Donator

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

you got hacked bitch!

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 08:47:59 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2012, 09:24:21 PM by iSellBitcoins

I get to the BAMT splash screen ... and then when I try to load BAMT it freezes.

It has happened on two different machines, so I wonder if there is something wrong with myimage on my flash drive.

Please help, trying to get off windows and use BAMT.  New to Linux.

Thanks.

I am the Bitcoinica Hacker.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
David_Benz (OP)
Donator

you got hacked bitch!

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 09:24:06 PM

I followed the directions.

downloaded BAMT
downloaded win32img
4gb flash drive
ran program
BAMT on flash drive
put BAMT in rig
see BAMT splash screen
then it freezes.

on EVERY rig i try it on.

please help ... 1 BTC bounty.

check_status

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Web Dev, Db Admin, Computer Technician

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 11:10:38 PM

Did you try wiping the flash drive first?

Code:
$ dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sd<USB letter> bs=4K conv=notrunk

Then you need to format depending on which is needed for the OS flashing, FAT or ext3.

For Bitcoin to be a true global currency the value of BTC needs always to rise.
If BTC became the global currency & money supply = 100 Trillion then ⊅1.00 BTC = $4,761,904.76.
P2Pool Server List | How To's and Guides Mega List |  1EndfedSryGUZK9sPrdvxHntYzv2EBexGA
David_Benz (OP)
Donator

you got hacked bitch!

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 11:11:58 PM

Did you try wiping the flash drive first?

Code:
$ dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sd<USB letter> bs=4K conv=notrunk

Then you need to format depending on which is needed for the OS flashing, FAT or ext3.

No ... I assumed the flash program did that first.  I will try that.

David_Benz (OP)
Donator

you got hacked bitch!

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 11:51:42 PM

Still not working.

I just don't get why it loads the BAMT splash screen (which tells me the image is good) and then just freezing at the splash.  (which tells me something is wrong with the image lol)

If the formatting was an issue, shouldn't it not even go to the splash screen?

This is so stupid cuz I have done the EXACT same thing before and BAMT worked fine.

This is why I hate linux...

David_Benz (OP)
Donator

you got hacked bitch!

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 11:55:02 PM

Formatted in every single way possible.  Still will not work.
wtf...................................

rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 12:54:34 AM

Maybe you bought a fake 4GB drive that's only 1GB? Have you tried a different drive?

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
check_status

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Web Dev, Db Admin, Computer Technician

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 01:03:26 AM

Looks like BAMT .img requires the basic format that comes with the Flash media when you bought it, which I believe is FAT32.
Integrity check to see if the file you downloaded is corrupted, md5sum or sha256sum.
Since BAMT is Debian, depending on version, it may have issues with some hardware/motherboards, acting all buggy and stuff. Check the Hardware Compatability List to make sure you have supported HW. This is a Debian issue, Ubuntu or Lubuntu or Xubuntu has a much broader user base to report and take care of bugs. Debian itself is server/niche kinda, so finding buggy things takes them a little longer.

For Bitcoin to be a true global currency the value of BTC needs always to rise.
If BTC became the global currency & money supply = 100 Trillion then ⊅1.00 BTC = $4,761,904.76.
P2Pool Server List | How To's and Guides Mega List |  1EndfedSryGUZK9sPrdvxHntYzv2EBexGA
David_Benz (OP)
Donator

you got hacked bitch!

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 01:14:20 AM

Maybe you bought a fake 4GB drive that's only 1GB? Have you tried a different drive?

I got 8 of the exact same 4gb drive from a mining farm i purchased from someone else who was using these exact drives to run BAMT on their rigs!

That is whats trippin me out!!!

David_Benz (OP)
Donator

you got hacked bitch!

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 01:15:59 AM

Looks like BAMT .img requires the basic format that comes with the Flash media when you bought it, which I believe is FAT32.
Integrity check to see if the file you downloaded is corrupted, md5sum or sha256sum.
Since BAMT is Debian, depending on version, it may have issues with some hardware/motherboards, acting all buggy and stuff. Check the Hardware Compatability List to make sure you have supported HW. This is a Debian issue, Ubuntu or Lubuntu or Xubuntu has a much broader user base to report and take care of bugs. Debian itself is server/niche kinda, so finding buggy things takes them a little longer.

I have downlaoded 5 twice now, and tried a version 4 that I had from a few months ago that worked, still no love Sad

I gotta be doing something just stupid and small wrong ... and when I figure it out imma punch myself LOL

BinaryMage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Ad astra.

View Profile
May 27, 2012, 12:55:52 AM

Cross-posting, try this.

-- BinaryMage -- | OTC | PGP
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: