Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:25:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Paypal scam - User olucun cheated me  (Read 1935 times)
astronauto (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 12:37:37 AM

I conceive the suspicion that the user Olucun (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=371056) cheated me of 100 euros from my PayPal funds.

Olucun wanted to exchange my paypal funds into BTC, we PMed at bitcointalk before. After I paid him, he told me via Skype (Username: didivf7) that my money is hold back for 24h to check if my funds are legal. That was the last time I heard from him, since three days I'm trying to send him messages via Skype, although he's obviously online, he doesn't respond anymore. I also noted that he changed his name at skype in the meantime. Very suspicious. He also doesn't respond to my PMs.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
elitenoob

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 12:43:59 AM

So i assume you sent funds as a gift so you can't charge back? Anyway it's not a good idea at all to use PP for digital currencies...sorry to hear that.
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 02:21:33 AM

So i assume you sent funds as a gift so you can't charge back? Anyway it's not a good idea at all to use PP for digital currencies...sorry to hear that.

He could if he went the "hacked account" route. If it was funded via CC, the same could happen.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
MultipliedCombo

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 02:35:27 AM

It's a really bad idea to use Paypal with digital currency trading. Sorry for your loss.

If you didn't send it as a gift, I guess you could do a charge back... Not too sure.

kusumadewi

Activity: 826
Merit: 517

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 04:38:44 AM

I conceive the suspicion that the user Olucun (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=371056) cheated me of 100 euros from my PayPal funds.

Olucun wanted to exchange my paypal funds into BTC, we PMed at bitcointalk before. After I paid him, he told me via Skype (Username: didivf7) that my money is hold back for 24h to check if my funds are legal. That was the last time I heard from him, since three days I'm trying to send him messages via Skype, although he's obviously online, he doesn't respond anymore. I also noted that he changed his name at skype in the meantime. Very suspicious. He also doesn't respond to my PMs.
Report this to paypal support, when your case accepted they will limit his PP account.
aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 11:41:31 AM

If this was a normal PayPal transaction then file a dispute with them about not receiving the goods. If you funded the transaction by using a credit card ( never have your bank account linked to PayPal) then file also with the CC company which you may want to wait till you get your statement. The minute you do this the PayPal dispute will be put on hold and they will address the charge back.

The first thing with PayPal of filing the dispute the "seller" will need to send a response back to PayPal. You can send PayPal screen shots of your PM's. If the seller does not respond you will get your funds back.

PayPal is very good for the buyer and very risky for the seller anymore. When I sell something on EBay anymore I am very careful on the buyer to make sure they have a lots of good feedback for cancel the sell.

Good luck
duckydonald

Activity: 378

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 12:59:00 PM

dont matter if they limit the account, is probably a shill paypal account or stealth, he will make more
astronauto (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 03:56:08 PM

If this was a normal PayPal transaction then file a dispute with them about not receiving the goods. If you funded the transaction by using a credit card ( never have your bank account linked to PayPal) then file also with the CC company which you may want to wait till you get your statement. The minute you do this the PayPal dispute will be put on hold and they will address the charge back.

The first thing with PayPal of filing the dispute the "seller" will need to send a response back to PayPal. You can send PayPal screen shots of your PM's. If the seller does not respond you will get your funds back.

PayPal is very good for the buyer and very risky for the seller anymore. When I sell something on EBay anymore I am very careful on the buyer to make sure they have a lots of good feedback for cancel the sell.

Good luck

It was a normal transaction, but I thought that Paypal refuses a refund if it was a virtual good, am I wrong? I filed a dispute, it's worth a try for sure. Let's see. Olucun is still posting on this board in the meantime...  Roll Eyes
kusumadewi

Activity: 826
Merit: 517

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 04:18:13 PM

@OP ; I thought you're right, and I believe Olucun is watching this thread.
aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 10:54:06 PM

Good luck

It was a normal transaction, but I thought that Paypal refuses a refund if it was a virtual good, am I wrong? I filed a dispute, it's worth a try for sure. Let's see. Olucun is still posting on this board in the meantime...  Roll Eyes

How do you fund your PayPal account? If you do fund your account with a credit card your still fine and can file a charge back against him. I will be interested in seeing if he replies back yo PayPal about this dispute. Send PayPal screen shots of the PM's showing that he was to send you something. Then how he wanted to wait and then how you wrote asking him when he would send you the item you paid for but got no response. If he does not prove that he sent it then you should be in good shape.
xetsr
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 11:04:37 PM

Scammers delay so they have enough time to cash out their balance, which will make it tougher to win a paypal dispute unless you used a credit card and can chargeback through them.

Just about everyone who is willing to sell to a new user for paypal is a scammer. Do NOT deal with them.
hamza171

Activity: 249

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 12:17:13 AM

Def try to take it to resolution, usually paypal is solid about this.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 12:21:17 PM

Sorry that you learned this lesson the hard way Sad The generally accepted practice around here is to NEVER use Paypal when buying or selling Bitcoins.

NEVER. EVER.

You're going to have a bad time.
letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 01:01:04 PM

Its feels really sad to hear this news. You must be careful about doing any transactions for buying and selling any items.

Bcoz of carelessness, you have lost your 100Euros.

Better , you must be careful next time.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████