Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:45:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NEOS]Neos v2.0.1 Released - Official Upgrade Thread - Performance & More  (Read 84731 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
gnargnar
Legendary

Activity: 1111
Merit: 1000

crypto-enthusiast since 2012

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 04:13:05 PM

thank you for the last update post as well as the upcoming one.
a youtube cast is fine with me

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cornett

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

★ IT's Party Time! ★

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 01:09:05 AM

After I get some coding done today I'll be posting a cast on youtube later on explaining a bit more in depth and our intentions for the future.  I'll post the link here once it's up there.  Would folks rather I set up a "dev hangout" rather than a cast?  I'd be more than open to live q&a.

Best regards,

syntaks

Thank you for the best efforts. "Dev hangout" would be a nice feature but your YT cast is amazing too. You're doing everything possible for the future success and being on the top.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2015, 02:38:06 PM

After I get some coding done today I'll be posting a cast on youtube later on explaining a bit more in depth and our intentions for the future.  I'll post the link here once it's up there.  Would folks rather I set up a "dev hangout" rather than a cast?  I'd be more than open to live q&a.

Best regards,

syntaks

Thank you for the best efforts. "Dev hangout" would be a nice feature but your YT cast is amazing too. You're doing everything possible for the future success and being on the top.

Good morning folks,

I had started recording and after about 10 minutes into it I decided it might just be better to type everything out.  When Neos was first created we sought out to provide functional, proofs-of-concept types of features as opposed to at the time - just the concepts being sold to the community by those just trying to make a quick buck and who are no longer even active following their ICOs or pre-mine dumps.  One thing that I've always stated is we'll be here every day, coding and supporting Neos as well as the community and the only way you'll see Neos go away is if you find me dead in my chair.  While the system I designed worked really well, based on usage statistics from the Arb servers it was never really used beyond proving the functionality to newcomers.  Aside from that, with the recent AML/KYC regulations being pressed - even while the regulators themselves don't fully understand the technology - the future of Neos is more secure without the anonymization functionality supported.  Some might argue that "on the chain" anonymization isn't vulnerable and impenetrable - but that's not necessarily the case either.  The community would be somewhat in the clear in that situation - but then the only people that would be targeted would be the developers.  At that point, regulators if they so desired would seek out the developers and long story short - they would most likely comply with whatever was presented as an alternative to fines/imprisonment and place their project's future in a vulnerable position which would then at that point - affect the community supporting it.

It's unfortunate that in this present day a simple freedom like privacy is being portrayed as something only criminals need or make use of - but the sad reality is that it's exactly how regulators are currently trying to portray crypto.  Neos has so much more in the makings and even more planned for the future than just a buzzword feature.  Our commitment to Neos and the community is to continue providing support and materializing creativity.  We have received some feedback from the community that was really positive regarding this decision and understanding the reasons behind it and we hope that the rest of the community can understand as well.

The future of the direction we're heading in with Neos is looking great.  Even without marketing (as I'm horrible with marketing) our community has been growing over time into what I feel at least is one hell of a strong presence.  We're striving more to enable the community to use Neos wherever they can as a form of currency and our plans reach beyond the standard storefronts.  We're currently tackling the riddle of how to provide usability without having a negative impact on the market.  We'd like to see Neos outright bartered for products and services without the conversion to BTC and basically dumping of Neos.  We have our work cut out for us, but that's what we do best - work.

With all of the above being said if anyone has any questions for us, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

syntaks

AltxF4

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 08:06:57 AM

Best regards,

syntaks

Good morning folks,

I had started recording and after about 10 minutes into it I decided it might just be better to type everything out.  When Neos was first created we sought out to provide functional, proofs-of-concept types of features as opposed to at the time - just the concepts being sold to the community by those just trying to make a quick buck and who are no longer even active following their ICOs or pre-mine dumps.  One thing that I've always stated is we'll be here every day, coding and supporting Neos as well as the community and the only way you'll see Neos go away is if you find me dead in my chair.  While the system I designed worked really well, based on usage statistics from the Arb servers it was never really used beyond proving the functionality to newcomers.  Aside from that, with the recent AML/KYC regulations being pressed - even while the regulators themselves don't fully understand the technology - the future of Neos is more secure without the anonymization functionality supported.  Some might argue that "on the chain" anonymization isn't vulnerable and impenetrable - but that's not necessarily the case either.  The community would be somewhat in the clear in that situation - but then the only people that would be targeted would be the developers.  At that point, regulators if they so desired would seek out the developers and long story short - they would most likely comply with whatever was presented as an alternative to fines/imprisonment and place their project's future in a vulnerable position which would then at that point - affect the community supporting it.

It's unfortunate that in this present day a simple freedom like privacy is being portrayed as something only criminals need or make use of - but the sad reality is that it's exactly how regulators are currently trying to portray crypto.  Neos has so much more in the makings and even more planned for the future than just a buzzword feature.  Our commitment to Neos and the community is to continue providing support and materializing creativity.  We have received some feedback from the community that was really positive regarding this decision and understanding the reasons behind it and we hope that the rest of the community can understand as well.

The future of the direction we're heading in with Neos is looking great.  Even without marketing (as I'm horrible with marketing) our community has been growing over time into what I feel at least is one hell of a strong presence.  We're striving more to enable the community to use Neos wherever they can as a form of currency and our plans reach beyond the standard storefronts.  We're currently tackling the riddle of how to provide usability without having a negative impact on the market.  We'd like to see Neos outright bartered for products and services without the conversion to BTC and basically dumping of Neos.  We have our work cut out for us, but that's what we do best - work.

With all of the above being said if anyone has any questions for us, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

syntaks

Now that the cesspool is back online... I think this is a great direction to take Neos.
copychicken

Activity: 784

Pools Of Honor

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 10:34:31 PM

very hard work... very hard work... one of the true crypto devs,
just saw "the imitation game" with the enigma machine, cryptography etc..

these guys work with no personal gain or interest....
he could have easily created a ponzi site and steal us all.. but no..

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

nemesio

Activity: 253
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 01:53:48 AM

Only groupies here, NEOS will not get good new investors. Nice talk about not giving shit about the price, but guess what new investors care about? This is the price, that's all

How's that Saffron Coin price working out for you?

twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2015, 02:04:01 AM

Only groupies here, NEOS will not get good new investors. Nice talk about not giving shit about the price, but guess what new investors care about? This is the price, that's all

That's alright.  The team works on Neos daily on various aspects of it.  We won't stop, because this is what we love doing.  The investors that have reached out to us also have also shared their appreciation.  Neos has done basically no marketing and our community and team has grown not just in numbers but in terms of quality.  To me - that's priceless.

Regards,

syntaks

nemesio

Activity: 253
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 02:19:13 AM

How's that Saffron Coin price working out for you?

Never changed my footer, not holding any. You feeling butt hurt?

Nope. I'm not the one trolling threads.
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 12:53:31 PM

I am Investor since week one and never sold a single Neos, bought to nearly every price. And I'm very interested in the price and profit. But, like everybody, I saw a lot of Scams, hyped lies and honesty plans but rushing and incompetence, PnD's etc. And Neos is the opposite in every point. You don't need to be a groupie to see this project like that... research Neos and the Dev-Communication, take a look at the system, read the threads since beginning and keep on watching the progress. 

For me it's simple: I buy if I see steady progress and quality....and honesty. Because that will pay out. Investors buy because of the future. Who looks at current prices in general, and draw deep conclusions out of it, without research in the project and the Devs itself... should play roulette.
TheMage

Activity: 812

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 06:41:24 AM

Investors does not equal a community.

Honestly, the dev here works his ass off and gets nothing in return. Its sad to see all of these coin devs getting rich for much less work than syntaks has done, and frankly pisses me off. There are decent devs, there are good devs, and there are great devs, and syntaks is a great dev who is dedicated.

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
Cornett

Activity: 700

★ IT's Party Time! ★

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 09:25:07 AM

Investors does not equal a community.

Honestly, the dev here works his ass off and gets nothing in return. Its sad to see all of these coin devs getting rich for much less work than syntaks has done, and frankly pisses me off. There are decent devs, there are good devs, and there are great devs, and syntaks is a great dev who is dedicated.

+1

Syntaks and other core-devs are treasures of this project

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
vytasz7

Activity: 561

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 10:05:27 AM

I am Investor since week one and never sold a single Neos, bought to nearly every price. And I'm very interested in the price and profit. But, like everybody, I saw a lot of Scams, hyped lies and honesty plans but rushing and incompetence, PnD's etc. And Neos is the opposite in every point. You don't need to be a groupie to see this project like that... research Neos and the Dev-Communication, take a look at the system, read the threads since beginning and keep on watching the progress. 

For me it's simple: I buy if I see steady progress and quality....and honesty. Because that will pay out. Investors buy because of the future. Who looks at current prices in general, and draw deep conclusions out of it, without research in the project and the Devs itself... should play roulette.

This coin was hyped ,then pumped and dumped ,just check the graphs.
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2015, 11:51:42 AM

This coin was hyped ,then pumped and dumped ,just check the graphs.

Hyped?  Sure, plenty of people were talking about it and some more enthusiastically than others.  Did I hype?  No.  I laid out all of the details of what Neos is and what I wanted it to be - nothing more.  Pumped and dumped?  Sure at one point and not by the team.  What's the relevance of that comment though considering I'm still here every day working on Neos and supporting it?  Have you ever installed Neos?  Give it a try, let me know what you think - please.  Your feedback/suggestions are something I'd take to heart and put thought into.

Best regards,

syntaks

Ezravdb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 506

Trphy.io

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 09:52:46 PM

How is v2.0.2 going?

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2015, 10:07:19 PM

How is v2.0.2 going?

It's going great.  I'll be posting a screencast by the end of the week. =)

twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 05:40:50 PM

How is v2.0.2 going?

Here's a screencast as promised just a bit earlier: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC2lOXSqBro

There's more being done but at the moment I wanted to give everyone some insight as to what I'm spending my time on.

Best regards,

syntaks

twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 07:24:54 PM

Today I'm coding the rest of the "Tools" section and also found some more areas where performance can be improved.

copychicken

Activity: 784

Pools Of Honor

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 09:27:33 PM

Great job, is there any help we can offer?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 09:44:59 PM

Great job, is there any help we can offer?

Thanks a lot.  I just got done with a 2-day spree just cleaning everything up and trimming down everything efficiently from 85 files to 21 files.  I'm not sure what it is that you do.  Would you elaborate?

Thanks a lot,

syntaks

twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 01:35:41 AM

Hey folks,

I just wanted to take a minute away from coding and post here just to maintain transparency and keep everyone updated.  I'm currently working on the launcher for all systems to handle a few tasks.  One of which being upgrading from a previous install that way it's not such a hassle or confusing for anyone.  Right now it can control starting and stopping Neos, and a button to open up your wallet (some people were confused as to how to access it).  This will be for all supported systems (Windows, Linux, osX) and will take away any UAC issues previously found with our latest approach to control on Windows systems through services.  I also feel this will make it much easier for osX users as well.  I'm really trying to push Neos into a more user-friendly place to help with growth and use.  Once that's done I'm working on a version-independent compile of php for osX so that any future releases of osX won't interfere with Neos as we've just seen with the latest Apple updates.  Once this is complete, the auth work continues and any updates moving forward you'll be able to handle from within your wallet with just a click.  Adding to that, once auth has been completed (including necessary php core changes), it will be likely the last download you'll ever have to handle yourself with Neos again.  As I've said, the goal is to make it simple here for everyone and as smooth as possible.  If anyone has any questions or requests, by all means don't hesitate.  Thanks a lot for your continued support I really appreciate it.

Best regards,

syntaks

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: