Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:47:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NEOS]Neos v2.0.1 Released - Official Upgrade Thread - Performance & More  (Read 84731 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 01:51:02 AM

A truly cypher hero.
Wish all developers here were like you.

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888
Merit: 1000

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 07:02:36 AM

Automatic updating is one of the most imporant functions of any kind of software. That feature is very important from usability standpoint and I think unique in crypto world so far, so I wish to thank you for that. On the other hand, I think expelling anonimity from Neos is not good. In the world of surveillance and tracking users need to protect themselves and I would even add another layer of protection on top of Arbitrush which could be automatical connection to Tor network. Don't know how it's possible in slow p2p networks but instant transactions is a field where some effort could be put too.

The concept of php hosted web wallet is great, don't pay attention to ones telling php is history or old/disfunctional technology, half of the web world runs on it and I don't see it will ever vanish. Number of functionalities in Neos wallet is great, it's like "the only place you need for transactions, mining and trading".

Talking about the price, don't fall for "price is not important because functionalities are there". Price is direct measure of how much people are using Neos, and goal is to be used as much as possible, also market cap is related. But even if Neos is one of the best coins around regarding functinality, stability and I don't see it rising at all if serious marketing effort is not done. The competition between alts is harsh, seems like Bitcoin has really succeeded in first-mover advantage, and there's very little space left for altcoins.

Just my 2 neos-cents Smiley...

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 08:02:59 AM

Automatic updating is one of the most imporant functions of any kind of software. That feature is very important from usability standpoint and I think unique in crypto world so far, so I wish to thank you for that. On the other hand, I think expelling anonimity from Neos is not good. In the world of surveillance and tracking users need to protect themselves and I would even add another layer of protection on top of Arbitrush which could be automatical connection to Tor network. Don't know how it's possible in slow p2p networks but instant transactions is a field where some effort could be put too.

The concept of php hosted web wallet is great, don't pay attention to ones telling php is history or old/disfunctional technology, half of the web world runs on it and I don't see it will ever vanish. Number of functionalities in Neos wallet is great, it's like "the only place you need for transactions, mining and trading".

Talking about the price, don't fall for "price is not important because functionalities are there". Price is direct measure of how much people are using Neos, and goal is to be used as much as possible, also market cap is related. But even if Neos is one of the best coins around regarding functinality, stability and I don't see it rising at all if serious marketing effort is not done. The competition between alts is harsh, seems like Bitcoin has really succeeded in first-mover advantage, and there's very little space left for altcoins.

Just my 2 neos-cents Smiley...

I think a few misconceptions regarding my comments about "not caring about the price" need to be cleared up and I'm glad you mentioned it.  When I've said that in the past and even currently you'll find me making that comment, I mean to relay that my dedication and devotion to Neos won't change with the market rate.  It's a time-proven unfortunate reality that in many projects if the price isn't sustained at a certain level or the developers haven't been able to cash out they basically move on and drop the project.  When I state I don't "care" about the price, I mean that I've made a commitment to this community and Neos and I'm sticking by it.  Regarding anonymity, my feelings are completely in-line with yours and I've spoken with numerous members of the community who have either come onto the forums, IRC or emailed me.  The consensus is that if we want to move forward and be considered as more than an alt with a novelty feature it was a wise decision to remove our implemented method of anonymization.  In all truth, it wasn't used and when people were asked if they used it or would the answer was no.  It was typically perceived as a feature only those wishing to hide their activity wanted rather than those just simply wanting a given right - privacy.  Another unfortunate to consider is just how strong is someone's anonymization when the level of operational security varies on a case-by-case basis?  What ultimately made me scratch my head was when various members of the community approached me with "Hey, $some_darkweb_site wants to add Neos".  That's not why I'm here or why Neos was created and it's just yet another nail in that coffin.  My belief in everyone's rights - especially in the realm of general freedom is incredibly strong and something I stand by.  However, I'm not trying to be a means of escape for those with lesser-than-innocent intentions.  Instant transactions is something I'm not sure if DarkCoin has released yet or not and I'm not sure of the level of feasibility there from a front-facing standpoint.  I would have to look more into the approach and ensure it didn't defeat the basic operating nature of the blockchain.

As far as comments directed towards PHP, I couldn't agree more with you.  It seems Node has become the "in thing" as of late and it's definitely nice and has many strong points however, it's not an area I practice in and I'm very confident with a language that's had years of development put into it and proven itself over time to be reliable and strong enough to do just as you said - power the majority of sites in existence today.  It's also something that's widely-used enough to the point that integration of other features/services and libraries can happen with ease.  Other PHP developers are more than welcomed to (and have) approach me with concepts and possible integration with Neos.  One particular team contacted me months back but unfortunately I haven't heard much in the way of progress from them lately.  The point being though is I chose a language that could build a nice foundation for the present and future use of Neos and I'm coding daily exclusively on Neos all week long.  There's always room for improvement and I'm making those improvements as I find them or they're discovered.  The in-wallet updating is definitely a must.  I'm trying to take Neos into the future with the focus being on ease of use and as error-resistant as possible for the average person and even the more advanced people.  Instead of everyone waiting for me to make an announcement in the near future - their wallet will automatically notify them and enable them to opt to update.  The severity of the updates will be displayed and explanation of what they're for as well.

Regarding marketing - a topic you've made many good points about - it's not a strong area of mine and never has been.  I would love to have a marketing team that knows how to increase exposure and gain more use without spamming the hell out of everyone.  That's an area I could definitely use some assistance in and believe me, I'm doing the best with what I currently have to work with and the team I have that isn't a marketing team.  They're just great individuals with amazing talent - that just doesn't fall in the realm of marketing.  I'm not some massive corporation or even a company, I'm just one man who has a strong and pure belief in crypto and what it has the potential to be and accomplish and Neos is an expression of that.  It's meant to stand firm a reliable, honest, and technologically-advanced platform.  I'm always open to suggestions and more than willing to listen to them and speak with members of the community.  I spend my days coding and supporting Neos and I wouldn't have it any other way.  I think the future is bright for both Neos and crypto in general, and I'm looking forward to seeing that statement prove true in the upcoming days.

Best regards,

syntaks

captainpugwash

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 03:06:04 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2015, 03:32:43 PM by captainpugwash

So, I haven't fired up the Neos wallet for a while. iSpace removed it from the multipools so had no need to open the wallet.

Recently iSpace added NEOS back into it's multipool 1. So, I updated to the latest wallet... backed up wallet.dat etc. first

So my views on the new wallet?

I Hate it, I like the concept a web based wallet an all but...

The primary address for the new wallet was different to the original wallet?
All the addresses that were setup in the original wallet address book are gone?
The primary wallet address seems to change on reboot?

So, I updated the new primary wallet addy on iSpace and waited for the coins to roll in...

I could see me getting blocks, coins and even see the coins being moved from unconfirmed to confirmed. They didn't reach my wallet though?

I checked the new pool payout addy against the primary addy in my wallet and they've changed? Plus, all the addresses I had setup in the new wallet were also gone?
No, I don't use a virtual machine and no I haven't installed the wallet again, I don't know why this has happened.

So, payouts from the pool are going god knows where and I have lost all of the small amount of NEOS I mined Sad

If that wasn't bad enough, once the NEOS wallet has been opened many of my other altcoin wallets now won't open unless I reboot?

After a reboot, I open NEOS web wallet, try to open others and I get "Unable to bind to 0.0.0.0:(any port) on this computer. COIN_NAME is probably already running."

If I reboot and DON'T open NEOS the other wallets open fine.

I then started poking around and realised that the new NEOS wallet had added services? I don't want a wallet that buries itself into my PC by adding services.

Not that I mined much NEOS but needless to say after recent experiences I won't be mining NEOS, FFC or MZC or using multipools any longer.

There are too may coins with flakey wallets or exchanges whose wallets have been in maintenance for so long it isn't worth mining the coin any longer as you can't trade it #Cryptsy!

It's hard/impossible to make ROI as it is, these problems just make the ROI even harder to achieve.

I applaud the concept and the information and features available in the new wallet but for me it simply doesn't work Sad

Sorry NEOS
infernoman
Legendary

Activity: 964

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 04:21:15 PM

So, I haven't fired up the Neos wallet for a while. iSpace removed it from the multipools so had no need to open the wallet.

Recently iSpace added NEOS back into it's multipool 1. So, I updated to the latest wallet... backed up wallet.dat etc. first

So, I updated the new primary wallet addy on iSpace and waited for the coins to roll in...

I could see me getting blocks, coins and even see the coins being moved from unconfirmed to confirmed. They didn't reach my wallet though?

I checked the new pool payout addy against the primary addy in my wallet and they've changed? Plus, all the addresses I had setup in the new wallet were also gone?
No, I don't use a virtual machine and no I haven't installed the wallet again, I don't know why this has happened.

So, payouts from the pool are going god knows where and I have lost all of the small amount of NEOS I mined Sad

If that wasn't bad enough, once the NEOS wallet has been opened many of my other altcoin wallets now won't open unless I reboot?

After a reboot, I open NEOS web wallet, try to open others and I get "Unable to bind to 0.0.0.0:(any port) on this computer. COIN_NAME is probably already running."

I then started poking around and realised that the new NEOS wallet had added services? I don't want a wallet that buries itself into my PC by adding services.

Not that I mined much NEOS but needless to say after recent experiences I won't be mining NEOS, FFC or MZC or using multipools any longer.

There are too may coins with flakey wallets or exchanges whose wallets have been in maintenance for so long it isn't worth mining the coin any longer as you can't trade it #Cryptsy!

It's hard/impossible to make ROI as it is, these problems just make the ROI even harder to achieve.

I applaud the concept and the information and features available in the new wallet but for me it simply doesn't work Sad

Sorry NEOS

Have you ever thought to ask for a bit of help? by the sounds of things you upgraded from the QT correct? if so where did you place your backup wallet.dat after you installed the web wallet? if you placed in back in the appdata/roaming folder for windows. your in the wrong place. since the web wallet uses a different directory. delete the QT wallet. and do not use it because the 2 programs will return different addresses since they use different data directories. if you still have your wallet.dat then maybe you should come and ask for a bit of help to get things working? MAYBE there wouldve been someone nice enough in the community to tip you some of the coins you lost. but you've probably lost that chance.

NOBODY else has reported problems about the neoscoin web wallet interfering with other wallets.

So maybe you should wait until 2.0.2 comes out ask for a bit of help from the community getting it installed properly since your trying to upgrade from the QT which is nothing but problems. and why it is no longer supplied. The web wallet gives neos much more customization availability, and security features that the QT cannot provide.

if you'd like some help i'm sure you can find someone more than willing to help you with your problem. but you didnt even ask. =/
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 06:35:37 PM

Sorry NEOS

First of all let me apologize for any issues you've had as I know how frustrating it can be thinking you've lost coin.  I've reached out to iSpace also as you're not the first person to report a bit of trouble there and I'm confident they'll respond and we'll validate any issues and resolve them.  Before I can begin to speculate as to what might have happened during the wallet upgrade/move - I have to ask; which version of Neos did you come from and attempt to go to?  Neos v1 to Neos v2.0.1b?

If you would be open to the idea, I can TeamView in and recover anything that might have been lost in translation or cover the loss myself.  One other key point to mention is that if you've used the Qt that's provided (but marked as "Do not use") and mined to an address there, the web interface will show a completely different wallet/set of addresses than that one.  In either case, this is all completely recoverable and a painless process if you'll allow me to do it for you and set it straight.  The coins not showing up could indicate a few possible circumstances:

1.  The Qt wallet address was used as I've already mentioned
2.  You're not on the latest release and blockchain (as we forked to single-algo)
3.  The original wallet.dat wasn't imported properly into the web interface and therefore isn't showing

I can promise you one thing and that is that regardless of the outcome your situation will be rectified and your coins aren't lost.  Regarding windows services and your tweets over at https://twitter.com/CryptoMinerUK/status/561534743754584065

1.  Neos will never and has never interfered with another wallet unless you set both to listen on the same ports
2.  The services came to be as a request after 2.0 was released and at the time the management was done via 2 command prompts.  Services due to UAC have proven on some systems to be troublesome which is why in 2.0.2 there is a launcher which doesn't require any escalated privileges and it's much cleaner and easier - not relying on services whatsoever.

The issues that have surface on random Windows installations have been addressed in 2.0.2.  I'm sorry if it's been a less-than-positive experience for you, but it seems along the lines there was also some unnecessary confusion due to Neos taking a new/different approach compared to other projects in existence.  If you're willing to allow me to clear this up for you, I would be more than happy to and I'm here all day and throughout the night.

Best regards,

syntaks

captainpugwash

Activity: 61

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 10:27:47 PM

Syntaks,
Many thanks for the response. The missing coin is not a huge amount, it's more frustrating losing coin after miners humming away earning them. Your offer to replace missing coin is very kind and much appreciated. As mentioned before the amount is not huge so please don't worry about recovering or replacing the missing coin from your own pocket.

I have had NO issues with iSpace payouts, all have been received with no issues barring the recent problem with NEOS. I've mined iSpace for a long time since they were only a Tigercoin pool and never had problems that weren't resolved quickly.

The QT wallet was v1.0.0.0. I did backup the wallet.dat file before running the upgrade. There were no coins in the wallet before the upgrade so no losses there. It was after I had noted the new primary address and updated my iSpace payout address that the coins went missing between pool and wallet. Coins were leaving iSpace and were arriving in the new wallet, after a few days they stopped arriving in the new wallet?

I only tested the opening of the NEOS wallet then other wallets once so perhaps I should test a little more to try and give you an idea of what might be causing the issues. Before the upgrade all the other alt coin wallets seemed fine.

As a precaution I have disabled the services for NEOS. I don't really want a wallet having services or background software running on my PC.

As I said in previous post. I do like the idea of a web based wallet. I wanted to let you know some of the issues I'd had in case anyone else had experienced similar issues.

@infernoman, Asking for help with this problem, not really, the amount of coin missing didn't warrant me spending that much of anyone's time to resolve it. I rarely end up with NEOS coin so didn't see this would be an ongoing problem for me.
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2015, 02:30:59 AM

Syntaks,
Many thanks for the response. The missing coin is not a huge amount, it's more frustrating losing coin after miners humming away earning them. Your offer to replace missing coin is very kind and much appreciated. As mentioned before the amount is not huge so please don't worry about recovering or replacing the missing coin from your own pocket.

I have had NO issues with iSpace payouts, all have been received with no issues barring the recent problem with NEOS. I've mined iSpace for a long time since they were only a Tigercoin pool and never had problems that weren't resolved quickly.

The QT wallet was v1.0.0.0. I did backup the wallet.dat file before running the upgrade. There were no coins in the wallet before the upgrade so no losses there. It was after I had noted the new primary address and updated my iSpace payout address that the coins went missing between pool and wallet. Coins were leaving iSpace and were arriving in the new wallet, after a few days they stopped arriving in the new wallet?

I only tested the opening of the NEOS wallet then other wallets once so perhaps I should test a little more to try and give you an idea of what might be causing the issues. Before the upgrade all the other alt coin wallets seemed fine.

As a precaution I have disabled the services for NEOS. I don't really want a wallet having services or background software running on my PC.

As I said in previous post. I do like the idea of a web based wallet. I wanted to let you know some of the issues I'd had in case anyone else had experienced similar issues.

@infernoman, Asking for help with this problem, not really, the amount of coin missing didn't warrant me spending that much of anyone's time to resolve it. I rarely end up with NEOS coin so didn't see this would be an ongoing problem for me.

What I think might have happened in this case is that you are on Neos 2.0.1 and not Neos 2.0.1b (which is the post-fork version).  That would explain why the sudden stop of transactions.  Would you provide the address you were mining to and tell me the last-known balance in your wallet?  As far as asking for help, Neos is what I work on literally every day, and all day and through the night.  You're not wasting anyone's time by asking for help for any amount of coin albeit 0 or 10000.  That's what I'm here for - to support my product and the community using it.

Best regards,

syntaks

TruthBear

Activity: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 09:51:52 AM

How is this project coming along? Looks very interesting!  Kiss
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 02:15:12 PM

Follow Syntaks on Twitter... He regularly informs his Followers about progress:

9 hours ago:

Neos 2.0.2 - Windows is ready for deployment.  Working on osX now.  I'll release all three platforms at the same time. $neos #neoscoin
https://twitter.com/NeosCoin/status/562845109956657152

tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 02:22:31 PM

Just for Completion... There are some other good news coming for Neos.

TheMage about Koinyx (Syntaks already mentioned Koinyx in Post 1):

As promised, Koinyx updates! New blog posts, customer tiers, mentioning fiat, and more!
https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=22350.msg249686#msg249686
https://twitter.com/TheRealMage/status/562115039617105921

In Post 1 of the Thread about Koinyx is the List of Coins that will be added. Neos is one of them.
evok3d

Activity: 534
Merit: 250

The Protocol for the Audience Economy

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 03:42:50 PM

Just for Completion... There are some other good news coming for Neos.

TheMage about Koinyx (Syntaks already mentioned Koinyx in Post 1):

As promised, Koinyx updates! New blog posts, customer tiers, mentioning fiat, and more!
https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=22350.msg249686#msg249686
https://twitter.com/TheRealMage/status/562115039617105921

In Post 1 of the Thread about Koinyx is the List of Coins that will be added. Neos is one of them.

The level of transparency, commitment and communication offered by syntaks is without a questions one to admire. Keep up the great work mate. I am a believer of your work Smiley

Cheers.

M E   D I   A
P  R -    ▄▄███████▄▄   
  ▄██████▀██████▄ 
 ███████   ███████
▐██████     ██████▌
██████▌     ▐██████
▐██████     ██████▌
 ▀██████▄ ▄██████▀
   ▀███████████▀  
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     
- T  O  C - O - L
MEDIA Protocol in Action
              ▄▄██████▄▄
            ▄████████████▄
           █████▌ ▀▀███████
   ▄████▄▄██████     ▀█████▌
 ▄███▀ ▀████████      ▐█████
▐███▌   ▐████████      ████▌
▐███    ██████████▄▄  ▐████
 ▀███▄▄████▀▀████████████▀
   ▀▀███▀▀     ▀▀████▀▀
   ▄▄▄████████████████▄▄▄    
 ████████████████████████▄  
▐███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▌ 
████████████▀▀▀        █████ 
█████████▀             █████ 
███████              ▐█████ 
█████▀               ██████ 
███▌              ▄██████ 
█████             ▄█████████ 
████▌          ▄▄██████████ 
▐████▄▄▄▄██████████████████▌ 
 ▀███████████████████████▀  
   ▀▀███████████████████▀    
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 09:10:22 PM

It's coming along great actually.  I've had about 15 community members test 2.0.2 on Windows and provide feedback and I've addressed each detail.  Now my focus is on porting it all over to osX (which I'm in the process of as we speak) because our osX members were left in the dust when Yosemite "upgraded" everything on the system.

Also, thank you guys for the kind words and encouragement.  It means a lot to me.

Best regards,

syntaks

Cornett

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

★ IT's Party Time! ★

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 08:59:06 AM

Hey guys-

I will be starting a bi-weekly newsletter, to help users get a quick run down every so often of what's going on in neos. This will also outline development of a new project I am working on called NeosHub.com. My end goal for neoshub is to be a solution to make it easy for neos users to obtain, spend, and sell stuff with neos. I would like to include tools as well as articles and other resources to aid in the long term adoption of neos.

I have included a preview of what the newsletter will look like. And will be posting one every 1st of the month, and 15th.

PS:I am looking for some beta testers, and content writers from the neos community that would not mind helping out, please shoot me a PM if so.

Hello guys, team and syntaks! I heard we're close to 2.0.2 release with many new features

How is it going with NEOSHUB, will we see this big project in February?

Best Regards.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2015, 09:20:22 AM

Hey guys-

I will be starting a bi-weekly newsletter, to help users get a quick run down every so often of what's going on in neos. This will also outline development of a new project I am working on called NeosHub.com. My end goal for neoshub is to be a solution to make it easy for neos users to obtain, spend, and sell stuff with neos. I would like to include tools as well as articles and other resources to aid in the long term adoption of neos.

I have included a preview of what the newsletter will look like. And will be posting one every 1st of the month, and 15th.

PS:I am looking for some beta testers, and content writers from the neos community that would not mind helping out, please shoot me a PM if so.

Hello guys, team and syntaks! I heard we're close to 2.0.2 release with many new features

How is it going with NEOSHUB, will we see this big project in February?

Best Regards.

Hey Cornett,

We are indeed very close to release.  I've finished up the Windows installer and tested it myself as well as several members of the community (windows 7/8/8.1).  I just literally finished the last files for the Linux installs and tested on a fresh Debian and Ubuntu VM, and am about to circle back to the osX buildout as my environment finished setting up the other day but as I had already started on the Linux section of everything while that was happening I just finished it rather than stopping to move to osX.  I'll keep everyone updated and I'll be creating a new thread considering this OP has outdated info and I'd like to keep things more current.  Unfortunately I havent heard from NarC in a while and he was a great Neos supporter.  I hope all is well with him but I'm not sure on where he is with his neoshub project.

Best regards,

syntaks

twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 08:08:19 PM

Hey folks,

tempus pointed out I hadn't updated here and that was my mistake.  The 2.0.2 announcement thread can be found at: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=951349.0

Best regards,

syntaks

Ezravdb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 506

Trphy.io

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 01:01:21 AM

Ho ho hooo Cheesy I'm in again! Cheesy

much luck with your cheap coins Smiley

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
njs811

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 01:19:07 AM

Does anyone think that the price will hit $1 per coin?
njs811

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 01:22:32 AM

Does anyone think that the price will hit $1 per coin?

don't think anytime soon with this rate of development.

But the development has been steady, so who knows what happens in the future..

I just started mining it today so I am trying to decide whether or not to hold long term or sell sooner than later.
Cornett

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

★ IT's Party Time! ★

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 06:06:35 PM

Some interesting buzz from twitter:

Looks like neos is beginning to attract the attention of a large audience and falls under the radar

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: