Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 05:36:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: mtgox deposit/cashout methods time frame  (Read 3104 times)
accord01 (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2011, 09:28:08 AM

What is the best way to deposit money on mtgox with a 1:1 ratio and also it would be instant?

I am skeptical to do trades on forums unless it is with highly reputable/commercial members.  I think we all are.

I will update this thread when i find a way to put $ on mtgox at a 1:1 ratio.  I feel like not getting a 1:1 ratio for USD is unreasonable considering trades are raked .65%.

In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Third Way

View Profile
May 14, 2011, 10:11:19 AM

If you figure a way for yourself, let us know what you did. Buying into the Bit Coin market is splitting my head in two.

blease resbond -> 1BYJKxpntNn6TZbM5M5CWkEb8vr8vDcBrr
LMGTFY

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 14, 2011, 10:18:31 AM

What is the best way to deposit money on mtgox with a 1:1 ratio and also it would be instant?

I am skeptical to do trades on forums unless it is with highly reputable/commercial members.  I think we all are.

I will update this thread when i find a way to put $ on mtgox at a 1:1 ratio.  I feel like not getting a 1:1 ratio for USD is unreasonable considering trades are raked .65%.
It doesn't completely answer your question (I think the answer may be that it's not possible, due to fees charged by Liberty Reserve, but it's not something I've ever needed to do) but...

What about buying bitcoins over-the-counter, using bitcoin-otc? That way you negotiate a price you're happy with, there's the Web of Trust tool to assess how trustworthy the counter-party is, and the only fees are any bank charges - there's no 0.65% trading fee.

If you're interested in speculating on MtGox (or any other exchange), once you've bought your bitcoins you could deposit them at the exchange (which is, IIRC, fee-free at MtGox) then speculate away! When it comes to cashing out, simply withdraw your bitcoins to your own bitcoin address, and sell them using bitcoin-otc.

This space intentionally left blank.
Keefe

Activity: 681
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 14, 2011, 10:52:10 AM

It amuses me that some people have been wanting to invest in bitcoins for weeks, but haven't been willing to pay even 1% to get money into the most liquid exchange. Meanwhile the price has soared. What's 1% compared to 1460% gain in just about 5 weeks?

accord01 (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2011, 11:01:39 AM

It amuses me that some people have been wanting to invest in bitcoins for weeks, but haven't been willing to pay even 1% to get money into the most liquid exchange. Meanwhile the price has soared. What's 1% compared to 1460% gain in just about 5 weeks?

Well i just put few hundred online, and i'd like to get another $1k on there in the next few days, so it hasn't really been a week.  But my main concern isn't really the fees, but the speed and safety of the transactions.
accord01 (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2011, 11:05:01 AM

It doesn't completely answer your question (I think the answer may be that it's not possible, due to fees charged by Liberty Reserve, but it's not something I've ever needed to do) but...

What about buying bitcoins over-the-counter, using bitcoin-otc? That way you negotiate a price you're happy with, there's the Web of Trust tool to assess how trustworthy the counter-party is, and the only fees are any bank charges - there's no 0.65% trading fee.

If you're interested in speculating on MtGox (or any other exchange), once you've bought your bitcoins you could deposit them at the exchange (which is, IIRC, fee-free at MtGox) then speculate away! When it comes to cashing out, simply withdraw your bitcoins to your own bitcoin address, and sell them using bitcoin-otc.

The link doesn't seem to work.  I believe mtgox is fee free for any transfers of the same unit.
LMGTFY

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 14, 2011, 11:09:13 AM

The link doesn't seem to work. 
Hmm, try again. It does seem to go down occasionally, but I tried earlier and again just now and it works just fine. It's only the website, anyway - actual trades take place over IRC.

I believe mtgox is fee free for any transfers of the same unit.
Cool, thanks for the info!

This space intentionally left blank.
MagicalTux
VIP

Activity: 608
Merit: 501

-

View Profile
May 14, 2011, 11:41:10 AM

Instant deposit method for now is only LR (when their api is not blocking us, in which case it can take up to one hour).

We are trying to get Dwolla to do callbacks for us too, however they are not much responsive at this point (see http://www.dwolla.org/d ). In the meantime to validate transactions I have to go on the dwolla website, download the "csv" file and upload it to mtgox. I do this each time I see a dwolla "you have received money" email, which can be fast (during my working hours) or not (when I sleep, for example).

Just hope dwolla will allow me to have this done automatically Smiley
bitcoinTrader

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 08:39:01 AM

You can buy/sell mtgox usd on bitcoin otc

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: