Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:34:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: First time in over 5000 years..  (Read 2495 times)
tanaka

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 01:00:04 PM

The Great Flood of Noah's day was only about 4300 to 4400 years ago. Since that flood wiped everyone except Noah's family from off the earth, that means that the currency system isn't more than that old.

In addition, the currency almost assuredly wasn't used by Noah. What would he use it for? Any barter he did, would have been between him and his children and grand children, etc. Who needs money for that?

Probably the oldest money system that we could connect to is way less than 4000 years old.

Smiley

I don't think a worldwide flood wiping out all but one family a little over 4000 years ago is exactly the consensus view forged through rational analysis of the available historical data these days.

You need to remember that the archeologists are paid by their university, etc., that is controlled by the political community, that tells them what to tell us, just so that they can remain in power.

Smiley

Let me guess. Said archaeologists are paid via a revised version of the 5,000 year old payment system, the very system that Bitcoin was designed to replace so that future archaeologists are paid with IT.

"Archaeologists uncover what they claim to be some sort of computer device resembling a fan. Sadly, no other hardware was uncovered, thus safely assuming the entity that built it went bankrupt after amassing millions in pre-orders."

Wow, that is a pretty cool discovery.. I haven't seen this article yet. Let me read.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sheldor333

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:04:10 PM

The Great Flood of Noah's day was only about 4300 to 4400 years ago. Since that flood wiped everyone except Noah's family from off the earth, that means that the currency system isn't more than that old.

In addition, the currency almost assuredly wasn't used by Noah. What would he use it for? Any barter he did, would have been between him and his children and grand children, etc. Who needs money for that?

Probably the oldest money system that we could connect to is way less than 4000 years old.

Smiley
You do realize pyramids are older then that. As well as some trees. Trees for god sake. Not to mention a lot of other things that would not be possible if human population was reduced to one family.

YouAreABetaProvider

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:15:01 PM

Bitcoin is  also the first real WORLDWIDE currency. The previous currencies covered more limited areas...
This is not true. The dollar has been a worldwide currency for decades as many countries will only accept dollars and many others will accept it in addition to their local currency, while others will accept it but only unofficially.

The same was true with the British pound prior to the fall of the British Empire.

The same is not true for bitcoin as of now, although this may (at least in theory) change in the future

We are headed towards a worldwide currency, but I doubt it will be Bitcoin.
Eotnak

Activity: 117

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:51:29 PM

Smiley
You do realize pyramids are older then that. As well as some trees. Trees for god sake. Not to mention a lot of other things that would not be possible if human population was reduced to one family.

Not true.  Carbon dating and things like dinosaurs were invented and implemented by Satan.  The truth is that Noah was incestuous and we are all retarded as a result.
fairglu
Legendary

Activity: 1100
Merit: 1030

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 04:27:04 PM

You do realize pyramids are older then that. As well as some trees. Trees for god sake.

80,000 years old organism, and also the heaviest: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pando_(tree)

9kv

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

Learning

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 06:45:37 PM

Smiley
You're pretty stubborn in your views  aren't you?
bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 06:53:47 PM

Bitcoin is  also the first real WORLDWIDE currency. The previous currencies covered more limited areas...
This is not true. The dollar has been a worldwide currency for decades as many countries will only accept dollars and many others will accept it in addition to their local currency, while others will accept it but only unofficially.

The same was true with the British pound prior to the fall of the British Empire.

The same is not true for bitcoin as of now, although this may (at least in theory) change in the future

There are many worldwide currencies. Why would there be only one and why do you doubt it will be bitcoin?

Etanllah

Activity: 426

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 06:58:33 PM

A new world wide currency has been decided upon by the people instead of a state..  Just saying.

Bitcoin still has a long way to go, but I like the direction it's heading!
btcduke

Activity: 70

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 12:58:57 AM

I hope I can live as long as enough to see what the world look like.

lobin

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 02:03:04 AM

BTC is a quite new thing compared to our current currency
I love it, hopefully, it will be popular in the coming years.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 05:21:25 AM

Let me guess. Said archaeologists are paid via a revised version of the 5,000 year old payment system, the very system that Bitcoin was designed to replace so that future archaeologists are paid with IT.

"Archaeologists uncover what they claim to be some sort of computer device resembling a fan. Sadly, no other hardware was uncovered, thus safely assuming the entity that built it went bankrupt after amassing millions in pre-orders."

ROFL, 10/10.

Glad you liked it, bud. I put a lot of effort into that funny.
ANTIcentralized

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 05:34:07 AM

There are many worldwide currencies. Why would there be only one and why do you doubt it will be bitcoin?
There really are not that many worldwide currencies. We have the obvious dollar, the Euro is moving towards a reserve currency (although not as much in recent years), there are arguments for the british pound and japanese yen, moving away from fiat - there is gold and an argument for diamonds....and we have bitcoin. Other then that other currencies are really only accepted on a local basis
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 07:16:42 AM

There really are not that many worldwide currencies. We have the obvious dollar, the Euro is moving towards a reserve currency (although not as much in recent years), there are arguments for the british pound and japanese yen, moving away from fiat - there is gold and an argument for diamonds....and we have bitcoin. Other then that other currencies are really only accepted on a local basis

I wonder if that diamond argument you mentioned originated in Belgium.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: