Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:43:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL single cgminer config file for Windows 7  (Read 3433 times)
yjacket (OP)

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 06:50:33 AM

So i can't get easyminer to work because the mining options are greyed out. Ufasoft runs for a split second and disappears. I cant seem to get Cgminer to detect the fpgas.

Can someone please post a working cgminer config script? I can add the com port and the pool in the text, i just can't figure the overall scan and enable portion of the config file.

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 07:05:19 AM

Cablez helped me with this:

Here is a semi blank batch file for cgminer 2.4.1.  
1)Copy the text to notepad and modify what you need then save it as cgminer.bat.
2)Put it in your cgminer folder and run it from the .bat (double click the .bat file)

If you have gpus as well you just need to add the relevant commands found in the first post of the cgminer thread.

cgminer -o http://poolurl:port -u user -p pass -S COM# --failover-only

Your going to need to know your what COM# the BFL is on,go to Easyminer on the second page it will tell you or you can go to device manager & look under the USB section Smiley

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
yjacket (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 07:20:52 AM

Cablez helped me with this:

Here is a semi blank batch file for cgminer 2.4.1.  
1)Copy the text to notepad and modify what you need then save it as cgminer.bat.
2)Put it in your cgminer folder and run it from the .bat (double click the .bat file)

If you have gpus as well you just need to add the relevant commands found in the first post of the cgminer thread.

cgminer -o http://poolurl:port -u user -p pass -S COM# --failover-only

Your going to need to know your what COM# the BFL is on,go to Easyminer on the second page it will tell you or you can go to device manager & look under the USB section Smiley

I think i'm almost there. I'm getting:

cldevicenun returned error

icarusdetect: failed to open comxx

I have 4 singles hooked up and no gpus. maybe i need to disable something and enable something else?
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 07:39:23 AM

I only have one BFL,for now,not sure if you just add COM1,COM2,COM3,COM4,or whatever they are labeled as.

Never seen that error before,so I'm lost as well  Sad

Try this :
cgminer -o http://poolurl:port -u user -p pass -S COM# --disable-gpu --failover-only

May want to check this thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=68811.0

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
BFL-Engineer

Activity: 227

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2012, 07:40:28 AM

So i can't get easyminer to work because the mining options are greyed out. Ufasoft runs for a split second and disappears. I cant seem to get Cgminer to detect the fpgas.

Can someone please post a working cgminer config script? I can add the com port and the pool in the text, i just can't figure the overall scan and enable portion of the config file.

Thanks

You can use BitMinter; It's known for its simple yet advanced GUI and ease-of-use.

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

BF Labs Inc.  www.butterflylabs.com   -  Bitcoin Mining Hardware
yjacket (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 07:48:16 AM

Thanks

You can use BitMinter; It's known for its simple yet advanced GUI and ease-of-use.

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

I've tried that too. The java window just pops up and disappears.
BFL-Engineer

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2012, 07:56:10 AM

Thanks

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

Do you have an Anti-virus or any similar application installed? Is your Java Runtime Machine
up to date?

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

yjacket (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 08:11:52 AM

Thanks

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

Installed java. Now it works, except that one of my singles doesn't have a temp, reports 3.3gh and constantly produces errors and no accepted shares.
BFL-Engineer

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2012, 08:15:01 AM

Thanks

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

Installed java. Now it works, except that one of my singles doesn't have a temp, reports 3.3gh and constantly produces errors and no accepted shares.

If you can identify which unit it is, you can try a 768MH/s firmware and see how it works (this is just for test).
If the behaviour didn't change, then probably the unit was damaged during shipment.

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

lightlord
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3226
Merit: 1226

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2012, 05:18:48 PM

:/ Just got my bit single and I got error "Icarus detect: Test failed at com1: get 00000000, should:"

This seems right.
cgminer.exe -o http://mmpool.bitparking.com:15098 -u lightlord1233NA -p anything -I 10 -S COM1

Did my shipment also got damaged?

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
P_Shep
Legendary

Activity: 1795
Merit: 1198

This is not OK.

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 05:25:14 PM

:/ Just got my bit single and I got error "Icarus detect: Test failed at com1: get 00000000, should:"

This seems right.
cgminer.exe -o http://mmpool.bitparking.com:15098 -u lightlord1233NA -p anything -I 10 -S COM1

Did my shipment also got damaged?

That's fine. The wording should really be changed there to 'No Icarus detected' rather than 'Test failed'. Give the wrong impression.
yjacket (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 06:47:13 PM

Thanks

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

If you can identify which unit it is, you can try a 768MH/s firmware and see how it works (this is just for test).
If the behaviour didn't change, then probably the unit was damaged during shipment.

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

Now only 1 works correctly. The rest have been flashed with 768 and have various errors.

BFL-Engineer

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2012, 07:45:55 PM

Thanks

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

Now only 1 works correctly. The rest have been flashed with 768 and have various errors.

This is very strange. Could you please send an email to office@butterflylabs.com describing the
situation. I will inform the sales as well.

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

BFL-Engineer

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2012, 07:49:42 PM

Thanks

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

It also looks like that the 3 units have not received the firmware completely (due to power interruption,
connection error, etc). Could you try and reflash one of them, power-cycle the unit and then run a test?
Please let us know how it goes...

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

yjacket (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 08:20:36 PM

Thanks

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

It also looks like that the 3 units have not received the firmware completely (due to power interruption,
connection error, etc). Could you try and reflash one of them, power-cycle the unit and then run a test?

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

I reflashed them all with 832, unplugged them for 1 minute and the did another diagnostic. This is the result:

BFL-Engineer

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2012, 08:23:19 PM

Thanks

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

I reflashed them all with 832, unplugged them for 1 minute and the did another diagnostic. This is the result:

Ok so two of the units are ok now. Could you flash the other two units to for instance 792MH/s
or 808MH/s, then power-cycle them and run diagnostics? (Before doing so, you must close Easyminer
application after firmware upload). Please let us know.

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

yjacket (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 09:13:05 PM

So I think I've discovered the source of the unknown error.

Don't think it should be reporting 4 processors....

The other 3 are now performing well. Apparently one must flash and power cycle repeatedly to get some of them working.
BFL-Engineer

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2012, 10:21:34 PM

So I think I've discovered the source of the unknown error.

Don't think it should be reporting 4 processors....

The other 3 are now performing well. Apparently one must flash and power cycle repeatedly to get some of them working.

There is also a chance of FTDI driver issue on the version of the windows you're using. Only a single reflash
should get the job done. You can contact office@butterflylabs.com regarding the one suspicious unit.

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: