Bitcoin Forum
January 21, 2017, 12:20:25 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.2  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What's best for me? Prop or PPS?  (Read 2990 times)
Gijs735

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 08:33:20 AM

Hello,

I joined the pool deepbit a little while ago, and it seems that there are two options Proportional and Pay Per Share. I not really now as a beginner what is best for me. From Monday To Friday I can only start the miner for three hours in the weekend the whole day. I use GPU (m0mchil's miner) with an ATI RADEON HD 5670.

I'm not able to change the times that I can start the miner for reasons I'm not wanna say.

Does someone now what's best for me? I now what the difference is but.

Thanks in advance,

Gijs, From the Netherlands
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cschmitz

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 08:52:41 AM

i think your mining duration works out long enough to be part of a "proper" pool, i.e. one that doesnt charge 10% in the proportional scheme. try dash jrs.

proud 5.x gh/s miner. tips welcome at 1A132BPnYMrgYdDaRyLpRrLQU4aG1WLRtd
Gijs735

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 09:01:03 AM

i think your mining duration works out long enough to be part of a "proper" pool, i.e. one that doesnt charge 10% in the proportional scheme. try dash jrs.
I thought deepbit only charge's 10% on PPS and 3% on proportional... please say if i'm right?

And if I understand it good I should use proportional on another pool... for instance Slush's pool?
Nythain

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 09:30:18 AM

with your card, the hashrate you should be getting there's no reason not to be proportional. pick a pool, any pool you like, stick with it, and watch the btc roll in. thats about all the advice i can give ya

Gijs735

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 10:20:12 AM

with your card, the hashrate you should be getting there's no reason not to be proportional. pick a pool, any pool you like, stick with it, and watch the btc roll in. thats about all the advice i can give ya
Ok, then I use Proportional on slush's pool, if that's not a good pool pleasse say it, thanks for the help Grin Grin Grin
[Tycho]

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2011, 12:01:39 PM

I thought deepbit only charge's 10% on PPS and 3% on proportional... please say if i'm right?
Yes, you are right, proportional fee is 3% and includes insurance against invalid blocks.

Welcome to my bitcoin mining pool: https://deepbit.net - Both payment schemes (including PPS), instant payout, no invalid blocks !
ICBIT Trading platform : USD/BTC futures trading, Bitcoin difficulty futures (NEW!). Third year in bitcoin business.
PiGames

Activity: 111

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 09:14:25 PM

Each pool has there own little benefit based on preference.
If you like constant little btc bumps, choose a larger pool.
If you like longer, larger btc increases choose a smaller pool.
All in all they seem to work out to be the same/period of time in the long run.
Unless of course you're pool is wicked unlucky.

I personally jump between deepbit on the weekends (since i use my computer alot) and btcmine on the weekdays (since im not around to mess up my hash rate and that pool takes longer to find blocks).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.