Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:10:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WM-Center.com and large transactions?  (Read 1924 times)
Jake (OP)
Donator

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

Happy New Year!

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 07:32:18 AM

I was wondering if anybody has had any success with WM-Center.com and large transactions (as in 1000 BTC+).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
miernik

Activity: 334

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2012, 08:28:30 AM

I was wondering if anybody has had any success with WM-Center.com and large transactions (as in 1000 BTC+).

Why would anyone want to use an exchange with such terribly high fees?

Jake (OP)
Donator

Happy New Year!

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 01:43:35 PM

Why would anyone want to use an exchange with such terribly high fees?

From the looks of it, they seem to be the only exchange with high amounts of LR.

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 02:04:51 PM

One thing I never understood ... why do people like LR?  High fees and limited acceptance.  What am I missing?
miernik

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2012, 02:18:12 PM

From the looks of it, they seem to be the only exchange with high amounts of LR.

AurumXchange.com has also large amounts of LR and is cheaper.

Example: get 1000 LRUSD:

WM-Center.com wire 1040 USD or 848 EUR
AurumXchange.com wire 1025.13 USD or 826.81 EUR

All calculations current, with their incoming wire fees.
Incoming wire fees at WM-Center are much higher (25$ vs. 10$, or 20 EUR vs. 7 EUR).

Anyway, is there any way to buy LRUSD without paying such high incoming wire fee? I can send wires much cheaper then they charge to receive them...

Jake (OP)
Donator

Happy New Year!

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 02:32:07 PM

One thing I never understood ... why do people like LR?  High fees and limited acceptance.  What am I missing?

I find it extremely secure and you can get amazing LR > Other exchange rates. By amazing, I mean I've sold $700 LR for $1450.

miernik

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2012, 02:38:39 PM

I find it extremely secure and you can get amazing LR > Other exchange rates. By amazing, I mean I've sold $700 LR for $1450.

$1450 of what?

Cold hard real USD cash or some fake money?

Come on, nobody will pay twice as much real genuine USD for some LRUSD funds, which are hardly usable for anything. Except if its stolen money, and when its found out, they'll get you.

Happy laundering.

I find that Bitcoin is slightly cheaper for LR on BTCex.com for example, but the difference is marginal, and considering the fees to acquire LR, it eats up all profit, so there is no arbitrage opportunity.

Jake (OP)
Donator

Happy New Year!

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 03:51:27 PM

$1450 of what?

Come on, nobody will pay twice as much real genuine USD for some LRUSD funds, which are hardly usable for anything. Except if its stolen money, and when its found out, they'll get you.

Happy laundering.

I find that Bitcoin is slightly cheaper for LR on BTCex.com for example, but the difference is marginal, and considering the fees to acquire LR, it eats up all profit, so there is no arbitrage opportunity.

PayPal. Also why would it be stolen funds?

rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 03:54:08 PM

$1450 of what?

Happy laundering.

Have you already turned that paypal into actual green money? Because until you do, you stand a chance of it disappearing.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
miernik

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2012, 04:10:17 PM

$1450 of what?

And you actually believe its anything else then stolen funds (Paypal accounts accessed through passwords sniffed with key-loggers)?

Poor you... prepare yourself for a huge returning of that money when Paypal reverses the transactions.

Its almost certainly sure its stolen funds and will be demanded by Paypal back. Just wait a 180 days. If they don't find the money in your Paypal account, they'll withdraw it from your attached credit/debit card or checking account, if no funds there, they'll sue you. If you did it on a larger scale probably expect a Fed's visit at home, or other police.

Think about it - if it were the true owners of the Paypal accounts they'd just withdraw to their bank account - for free - anyone who can walk to a bank branch with an ID can open one for free.

No honest person with their own Paypal funds would buy something as useless as LR with a 200% premium.

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 04:14:15 PM

Lets think about this.

Someone has $1500 in Paypal money (accepted pretty much anywhere, and can be linked to Paypal debit card which is accepted anywhere VISA is) yet for some reason they are willing to take a loss of 50% to get some LR.

That didn't seem suspicious or weird to you?
Jake (OP)
Donator

Happy New Year!

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 04:21:13 PM

$1450 of what?

And you actually believe its anything else then stolen funds (Paypal accounts accessed through passwords sniffed with key-loggers)?

Poor you... prepare yourself for a huge returning of that money when Paypal reverses the transactions.

Its almost certainly sure its stolen funds and will be demanded by Paypal back. Just wait a 180 days. If they don't find the money in your Paypal account, they'll withdraw it from your attached credit/debit card or checking account, if no funds there, they'll sue you. If you did it on a larger scale probably expect a Fed's visit at home, or other police.

Think about it - if it were the true owners of the Paypal accounts they'd just withdraw to their bank account - for free - anyone who can walk to a bank branch with an ID can open one for free.

No honest person with their own Paypal funds would buy something as useless as LR with a 200% premium.

Its been 210 days since I got it.

Jake (OP)
Donator

Happy New Year!

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 04:24:35 PM

Lets think about this.

Someone has $1500 in Paypal money (accepted pretty much anywhere, and can be linked to Paypal debit card which is accepted anywhere VISA is) yet for some reason they are willing to take a loss of 50% to get some LR.

That didn't seem suspicious or weird to you?

Of course it did. Considering I know people who have done multiple transactions of that, I thought I'd take the risk of only $700.

malaimult

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 06:42:40 PM

i have experience with wm-center.com. they have a very fast and reliable service. also aurum its good. i trade large amounts with them so no problem so far. i don't have anything to comment on the high rates better safe than sorry. try them with confidence

malaimult

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 06:45:14 PM

also jake i don't know how you exchange " By amazing, I mean I've sold $700 LR for $1450."
i have plenty LR in my account but i don't know where to exchange 700 LR to 1450 hehehehe if you know someone let me know i can do it for 1000  Grin

Jake (OP)
Donator

Happy New Year!

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 07:16:41 PM

also jake i don't know how you exchange " By amazing, I mean I've sold $700 LR for $1450."
i have plenty LR in my account but i don't know where to exchange 700 LR to 1450 hehehehe if you know someone let me know i can do it for 1000  Grin

Thanks for the feedback and I'll ask around.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: