Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:37:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2014-10-25] Why financial and legal experts are as critical as engineers to bit  (Read 2310 times)
vaux (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 05:57:53 AM

https://gigaom.com/2014/10/24/bitcoin-digital-currency-council/

In September, Berger launched the Digital Currency Council, a consultancy and education center, to help boost the supply of bitcoin-familiar professionals. The program already has 400 people and will be launching a certification test on Dec. 1 to start creating a legion of digital currency-trained professionals.

I spoke with Berger a little bit about the challenges facing bitcoin and the added challenge of training people in it. The following Q&A has been lightly edited for length and clarity.
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2014, 06:04:43 AM

I spoke with hundreds of wealth managers, lawyers, accountants and one of the questions I would talk to them about is bitcoin. I would ask them what do they think, what are they telling their clients, and almost without exception they had one of two answers: Either they pled ignorance and said I just don’t know enough. Or they shared some myth or legend that they had heard in media reports or through the grapevine, and none of them have done any diligence.

i like that. we are early adopters and thats good  Wink

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2014, 12:28:05 PM

Stashing up on coins as we speak HODL! Tongue I do respect the ones who say they don't know enough about the subject though because that shows they're being honest, whereas the other guys are just being arrogant pricks and jumping to conclusions because you can tell when people talk about Bitcoin who has actually bothered to download the wallet and try it and who hasn't.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 11:44:04 PM

I spoke with hundreds of wealth managers, lawyers, accountants and one of the questions I would talk to them about is bitcoin. I would ask them what do they think, what are they telling their clients, and almost without exception they had one of two answers: Either they pled ignorance and said I just don’t know enough. Or they shared some myth or legend that they had heard in media reports or through the grapevine, and none of them have done any diligence.

i like that. we are early adopters and thats good  Wink

tbh, it would be great if these guys were the last to get on board ... i.e. after all the people who have been raped and disenfranchised by the fiat monopoly swindle.

2dogs
Legendary

Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 12:44:30 AM

Don't we already have the C4 for certification?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: