Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:56:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitcoinDelivers.com - Aussie site selling stuff for bitcoins  (Read 4072 times)
haydent

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 12:49:51 AM

correct, you cant price match US and AU prices. plus the postage is obscene unless you go untracked airmail and even then its not cheap.

plus with this site you dont have to factor in fee's, time, and risk when converting you btc back to paypal/cash/bank account

im just hanging for AU to get its own exchange, which ive heard may only be 1-2 weeks away, the we'll be set.

2x Gigabyte 6950 OC @ 920/450 w/ ati tray tools (1 shader modded) - 760Mhs on ozco.in 0% fee aus pool
btc: 1HS5Brzcsh7XkJn566XYbvfpa2JuBRBdss

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2011, 12:57:22 AM

correct, you cant price match US and AU prices. plus the postage is obscene unless you go untracked airmail and even then its not cheap.

plus with this site you dont have to factor in fee's, time, and risk when converting you btc back to paypal/cash/bank account

im just hanging for AU to get its own exchange, which ive heard may only be 1-2 weeks away, the we'll be set.

+1

BTW Bitpiggy should be back up sometime today - have you tried them for AUD <-> BTC conversion?

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
haydent

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 01:06:19 AM

i did see them b4 they closed and thought their prices weren't good enough, but i never really did the math to see how much % wise it was different to mtgox and compare that to costs to diy. maybe when they open again ill check it out.

2x Gigabyte 6950 OC @ 920/450 w/ ati tray tools (1 shader modded) - 760Mhs on ozco.in 0% fee aus pool
btc: 1HS5Brzcsh7XkJn566XYbvfpa2JuBRBdss
travex

Activity: 158
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 05:51:41 AM

Just ordered the MSILightning OC 6970. So far so good - the website ordering system is pretty normal and they accept a payment after only 4 confirmations.

Wow, you paid 30Btc*20=600 bucks for an OC 6970 , are you kidding me ?

That's only $30 - say 5% - above usual cost for this particular OC. You seen the prices of those things, or are you just talking out of your bum? Can you show me where I can get one cheaper? If you're going to tell me "well Joe Blow over in Lane Cove sells them for $550" well forget it, I'm happy to pay a premium and support a bitcoin merchant.

Dude seriously I have no idea what you are talking about when you can easily get a new 6970 below 400 marks any where in Australia ffs ?? (http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=6970&x=0&y=0), unless you really want to pay 150$ buck for a "premium" rofl.

Anyway, bitpiggy.com is also a joke, the fee overthere is way way too high, I absolutely have no idea why many ozzy used that site for BTC to Aud conversion !!!
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2011, 06:48:21 AM

Just ordered the MSILightning OC 6970. So far so good - the website ordering system is pretty normal and they accept a payment after only 4 confirmations.

That's only $30 - say 5% - above usual cost for this particular OC. You seen the prices of those things, or are you just talking out of your bum? Can you show me where I can get one cheaper? If you're going to tell me "well Joe Blow over in Lane Cove sells them for $550" well forget it, I'm happy to pay a premium and support a bitcoin merchant.

Dude seriously I have no idea what you are talking about when you can easily get a new 6970 below 400 marks any where in Australia ffs ?? (http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=6970&x=0&y=0), unless you really want to pay 150$ buck for a "premium" rofl.

Reread the post - you haven't gotten prices for the MSILightning OC 6970 there, friend.  I'm afraid your search skills have deserted you and left you with some plain vanilla 880MHz models. I wanted a 920 to 940 MHz model. Can you find me one of those at the same price? I guess my "premium" is to have a faster quieter (for the same hashrate) card. lol rofl and brb. (oh you crazy funny kid, travex! I just *had* to leetspeek you back  Wink )

Anyway, bitpiggy.com is also a joke, the fee overthere is way way too high, I absolutely have no idea why many ozzy used that site for BTC to Aud conversion !!!

What's your problem with bitpiggy? What other Australian sites are you comparing them to? I didn't know there were other AUD <-> BTC sites out there, since not even Mt Gox will do an easy withdrawal of cash to AUD. I *do* need to cash some coins to AUD - what Australian exchange other than Bitpiggy should I use?

travex

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 07:20:42 AM

Reread the post - you haven't gotten prices for the MSILightning OC 6970 there, friend.  I'm afraid your search skills have deserted you and left you with some plain vanilla 880MHz models. I wanted a 920 to 940 MHz model. Can you find me one of those at the same price? I guess my "premium" is to have a faster quieter (for the same hashrate) card. lol rofl and brb. (oh you crazy funny kid, travex! I just *had* to leetspeek you back  Wink )

What's your problem with bitpiggy? What other Australian sites are you comparing them to? I didn't know there were other AUD <-> BTC sites out there, since not even Mt Gox will do an easy withdrawal of cash to AUD. I *do* need to cash some coins to AUD - what Australian exchange other than Bitpiggy should I use?

Dude, you made me LOLed so hard, so basically all you want is a 6970 with 920-940Mhz core ? Dear friend, even my old unlocked 6950=6970 could do 1000MHz core at stock voltage for mining, and interestingly I paid 230$ for it only. For a quieter with the same hashrate with my old 6950,  you are willing to pay 600-230=370 bucks for the -so called premium-, fair enough mate, but your argument is extremely weak. Dont get me wrong, I do not say the unlocked 6950 is "better" than the 6970 in term of OC capability, but you only want 940Mhz core max so obviously the 6950 is a much smarter choice.

To cash out BTC to AUD, there are several ways, one of them is have a visit at bitcoin-otc, there are many people happy to offer you btc-aud with paypal or wire transfer.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2011, 08:01:03 AM

Reread the post - you haven't gotten prices for the MSILightning OC 6970 there, friend.  I'm afraid your search skills have deserted you and left you with some plain vanilla 880MHz models. I wanted a 920 to 940 MHz model. Can you find me one of those at the same price? I guess my "premium" is to have a faster quieter (for the same hashrate) card. lol rofl and brb. (oh you crazy funny kid, travex! I just *had* to leetspeek you back  Wink )

Dude, you made me LOLed so hard, so basically all you want is a 6970 with 920-940Mhz core ? Dear friend, even my old unlocked 6950=6970 could do 1000MHz core at stock voltage for mining, and interestingly I paid 230$ for it only. For a quieter with the same hashrate with my old 6950,  you are willing to pay 600-230=370 bucks for the -so called premium-, fair enough mate, but your argument is extremely weak. Dont get me wrong, I do not say the unlocked 6950 is "better" than the 6970 in term of OC capability, but you only want 940Mhz core max so obviously the 6950 is a much smarter choice.

To cash out BTC to AUD, there are several ways, one of them is have a visit at bitcoin-otc, there are many people happy to offer you btc-aud with paypal or wire transfer.

So glad I made you lol. It warms my old heart to see such enthusiasm!

I could go on about the advantages of having 
a faster quieter (for the same hashrate) card
, and also about my distrust of paypal and its keenness to reverse payments and my dislike of Mt Gox's $10 wire charge. But this isn't the thread for that.

Jack of Diamonds

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 08:43:43 AM

You realise Bitcoindelivers.com is an Australian site, don't you? If I wanted to go through the hassle of ordering something through Newegg (including lack of OS customer service) then I would have. Find me a similar price to the newegg one in east coast australia. If you can, your google fu is better than mine.

http://www.myshopping.com.au/PR--374419_XFX_ATI_RADEON_HD6970_2GB_Graphics_Card

376 to 395$ AUD, lol.

1f3gHNoBodYw1LLs3ndY0UanYB1tC0lnsBec4USeYoU9AREaCH34PBeGgAR67fx
accord01

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 09:15:51 AM

I'm curious as to how you were able to checkout with bitcoins rather than actual fiat money.  Is there some kind of plugin you use?  Also, how are you able to install a live bitcoin/australian dollar live price on your site?
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2011, 09:55:28 AM

You realise Bitcoindelivers.com is an Australian site, don't you? If I wanted to go through the hassle of ordering something through Newegg (including lack of OS customer service) then I would have. Find me a similar price to the newegg one in east coast australia. If you can, your google fu is better than mine.

http://www.myshopping.com.au/PR--374419_XFX_ATI_RADEON_HD6970_2GB_Graphics_Card

376 to 395$ AUD, lol.

Wrong product, lolboy. And still off topic.

Jack of Diamonds

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 12:24:03 PM

Wrong product, lolboy. And still off topic.

So you think $200 dollars justifies a 40mhz overclock you could perform in afterburner in 5 seconds?

The world needs more customers like you; No more recession. Call Bernanke.

1f3gHNoBodYw1LLs3ndY0UanYB1tC0lnsBec4USeYoU9AREaCH34PBeGgAR67fx
slothbag (OP)

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 02:00:21 PM

Travex, Xonar, if you have a particular product you would like to purchase with Bitcoins simply send me an email via bitcoindelivers.com with the details (including the shop in Australia that has the price your after) and I will add it to the site for purchase at a rate close to the BTC->AUD exchange rate.  That's what organofcorti did, he was specifically after the 6970 OC Lightning edition and I was happy to add it to the site for him to purchase.

Any discussions over which cards are better for mining etc are probably better suited to the "Mining" forums.
slothbag (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 02:08:27 PM

accord01,

I have modified the original OpenCart system to include my own custom Bitcoin payment system and live rates component.

Maybe one day if I ever clean up the code and can package it as a module I will upload it to the OpenCart module repository.
travex

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 04:19:25 AM

Travex, Xonar, if you have a particular product you would like to purchase with Bitcoins simply send me an email via bitcoindelivers.com with the details (including the shop in Australia that has the price your after) and I will add it to the site for purchase at a rate close to the BTC->AUD exchange rate.  That's what organofcorti did, he was specifically after the 6970 OC Lightning edition and I was happy to add it to the site for him to purchase.

Any discussions over which cards are better for mining etc are probably better suited to the "Mining" forums.

Fair enough mate, but my did not intentionally talk about GPUs comparison. Just wanted talking about the price, but anyway no more thread crap, peace mate. Good luck with your business , cheer.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2011, 01:41:06 PM

Shop owner contacted me to let me know product I ordered would take a while to be delivered and did I want a refund? Got refund immediately. You can trust this shop.

SomeoneWeird

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 02:01:36 PM

Prices are broken, haha. Will be ordering something when things settle down.
slothbag (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 02:18:38 PM

Yeah, prices are deliberately high until things settle down.

I think I set the price at 1btc = 0.10usd, considering at the time the actual exchange rate was 1btc = 0.01usd I thought that was quite generous Smiley
slothbag (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 02:00:53 PM

Ok, prices are back to normal now.  And as the Aussie dollar slowly falls back to parity with USD the prices are just that little bit better Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: