Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:02:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie Silver for BitCoins...  (Read 1390 times)
GroundRod (OP)

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 06:39:46 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2012, 04:50:32 PM by GroundRod

Posting here so those of you new to BitCoins can respond first, even if your not yet a full member...

Live in a rural part of America, and it's 150 miles round trip to the coin shop, on top of paying a premium for that metal, the travel expense adds up too.  This offer would be most effective to those of you living in the USofA as otherwise shipping quickly becomes prohibitively expensive.  Little more than the cost of a couple stamps in most cases will do.  However if you want, you can spend the money on insurance and delivery confirmation, your choice.

Offering any of you interested, a chance to get some BitCoin's in your wallet quickly, and for me to get some Silver delivered directly to my USPS address.  UPS &/or Fedx are possible, however in my opinion will be too expensive, for this small of a transaction...

Have right now enough BitCoin's to buy 2oz Silver Rounds/Bars, .999 purity & uncirculated preferred.  

Will consider old 90% dimes, quarters, half/whole dollars on a case by case basis, not interested in spending allot of time here, so no speculative numismatic value offers please.

What I'm offering in exchange is Bitcoin, amount will be finalized in PM's between us here or email, so we both know up front what the amount will be & there is no waiting and wondering what that value might be upon delivery.  Once I pickup the metal, you will get your payment to whatever address you give me.

Willing to pay what feels like a fair price, in an amount equivalent to the following:

MtGox Weighted Average exchange price: Currently: $5.04680USD
https://mtgox.com/

The Spot Price of Silver:  Currently: $27.01USD
http://www.kitcosilver.com/charts.html

Plus an additional amount to help you out w/postage of 0.2BTC per oz of Silver traded.

Example: You have 1oz to send, that would be 27.01/5.0468 = 5.351906 plus 0.2 = 5.551906 BitCoins

This will help both of us out, as we develop a web-of-trust on BitCoinTalk.org & get you started in the world of BitCoins!

Thanks much for the opportunity to trade!
You can Email me directly: RodGround at gmail dot com

GR

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
barbarousrelic

Activity: 675
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 06:55:38 PM

http://www.bitmit.net/en/trade/i/2530-1945-walking-liberty-half-dollar-us-90-silver/description

I will be selling low-overhead  90% silver through the regular one-stamp letter mail on an ongoing basis.

Do not waste your time debating whether Bitcoin can work. It does work.

"Early adopters will profit" is not a sufficient condition to classify something as a pyramid or Ponzi scheme. If it was, Apple and Microsoft stock are Ponzi schemes.

There is no such thing as "market manipulation." There is only buying and selling.
ccliu

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 07:46:49 PM

Visit bicoinag.webs.com and check out my silver products!

I also have a silver thread on this forum, whose link is in my sig. If you buy 2 from me I can give you a discount! I also pricematch any dealer that sells silver bullion for bitcoins.
GroundRod (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 12:58:24 AM

Thanks guys, will look at your offers and consider some purchases down the road, right now I want to trade some BitCoins with anyone that has some uncirculated 5gram-1oz .999 Silver rounds or bars to get started in the world of BitCoins...

GR
GroundRod (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 04:10:37 PM

More BitCoins for your Silver today, than yesterday...

Close a trade,

PM or email...

GR
ShireSilver

Activity: 382
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2012, 06:26:34 PM

Smaller amounts than even 5 grams are available at ShireSilver.com. They're not investment grade, but are intended for everyday trade usage. Sign up merchants and earn referral fees!

Shire Silver, a better bullion that fits in your wallet. Get some, now accepting bitcoin!
GroundRod (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2012, 03:35:40 AM

Thanks Shire, pretty much only interested in investment grade.

Pure .999 Silver coins or bars preferred, some of the older circulated 90% stuff interests me if the price is right, and I mean by weight not denomination & count, because I've already got some older coins by count and you can always figure they've been worn down by 5-20% from use.  Also will take old copper pennies, silver coins and be fair with a bitcoin price on a case by case basis...

NorthWest Territorial Mint has some very nice 5 gram bars, I definitely would pay a premium over spot in BitCoin's to anyone interested in a trade to get my hands on some of these...
https://store.nwtmint.com/product_details/2986/Northwest_Territorial_Mint_Silver_Bar_5_Gram/

Same with the 10 gram, 1/4 & 1/2 oz pieces (as long as it's stamped with purity & weight), will pay comparable above spot price for any of those..

GR
ccliu

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2012, 05:05:14 AM

Spot is up to $28.

I can sell you some for 7.1/1 oz coin, beating coinabuls prices.

Its very hard to buy at spot, let alone with bitcoins.

I dont even buy at spot, there are always premiums associated with bullion of any kind.
ShireSilver

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2012, 12:22:21 PM

NorthWest Territorial Mint has some very nice 5 gram bars, I definitely would pay a premium over spot in BitCoin's to anyone interested in a trade to get my hands on some of these...
https://store.nwtmint.com/product_details/2986/Northwest_Territorial_Mint_Silver_Bar_5_Gram/

My non-investment grade 5 gram silver cards are cheaper than their 5 gram bars. http://shiresilver.com/product/silver_five_gram_card $8.50 (me) vs. $8.83 (NWTM) plus my shipping is cheaper and no minimum order and bitcoin acceptance is built in to the site's cart. And if you are signed up as a merchant (for $1/month) you can get it at a discount. Buying in bulk (about 40 of these cards), you can also get another 1% off using the code SILVER. Assuming shipping to continental U.S. you could currently get 200 grams of .999 fine silver for $305 - $50 less than with NWTM. It would probably be delivered within two weeks.

Of course my cards are still new and not as well recognized, so not as liquid (yet).

Shire Silver, a better bullion that fits in your wallet. Get some, now accepting bitcoin!
GroundRod (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2012, 04:49:33 PM

Still no takers on my offer?

My OP offer is a good one for both of us, and although I've decided to buy some from others here, will always try to have enough BitCoins available to conduct this trade for at least 1 or 2 ounces.  Anyone wanting to bypass fiat, and go straight for a Metal to Coins trade, please let me know.

http://www.bitmit.net/en/trade/i/2530-1945-walking-liberty-half-dollar-us-90-silver/description

I will be selling low-overhead  90% silver through the regular one-stamp letter mail on an ongoing basis.
Thanks for the link and auction BarbarousRelic, this was just too good a deal to pass up.  Seems I was the only bidder last night, looking forward to receiving my 1st 1/2 dollar coin from you, Monday shipment is fine.  

BitMit is an interesting auction house, it appeals to my sense of simplicity in use, may post some of my wares there in the near future too...

@ShireSilver - Just about ordered a couple of your 5gram cards last night, find the idea intriguing.  So do you usually have a couple around for fast shipping?  Would like to inspect the product, before committing to a larger order or getting setup as a merchant.

My understanding from your post is that a box of 40 cards could take a couple of weeks to get manufactured and then shipped, sounds reasonable, but wouldn't want that to become a month or two.

Spot is up to $28.

I can sell you some for 7.1/1 oz coin, beating coinabuls prices.

Its very hard to buy at spot, let alone with bitcoins.

I dont even buy at spot, there are always premiums associated with bullion of any kind.

Understand where your coming from, my perspective is slightly different.  For one thing, in coin & pawn shops around the world, tens of thousands of trades are taken by dealers at or below spot in exchange for local fiat everyday, mostly from folks in desperate need of cash.  So from a dealer perspective, buy at spot, sell at a premium, happens all the time.  

As a customer, sure it's hard to buy at spot and take physical possession, near impossible even for those trading in 1Koz block lots there are costs & fees which could be considered a premium.

Agree your bitcoin price is inline with others, considering a trade with you, your reputation appears sound, however please let me contact you FIRST.  I've several problems, not very many BitCoins is one, & your pricing on the shipping costs, awfully high on such a small order of only a few ounces or less.  Can understand your need for it, but only would do a trade for a larger amount, because of it.

Lastly, by using the Kitco/MtGox ratio prices, for example today that is 5.6164BTC / 1oz, we've eliminated the fiat from the math, if Silver goes to $10 and BitCoin to $2 the ratio is still 5/1.  As BitCoins are also up over these last couple days, the ratio hasn't changed all that much.

As I'm throwing in an additional 0.2BTC allowance (ABOVE SPOT) today's offer is for 5.8164BTC's in trade for 1oz Silver shipped to me.  And this offer is allot better for any seller walking into a pawn shop, getting below or at spot for some Silver, then exchanging that fiat for various forms of digital fiat, to eventually convert it into BitCoins, the more middlemen getting a cut, the more you lose...

GR
RodGround at gmail dot com
ShireSilver

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2012, 09:58:03 PM

@ShireSilver - Just about ordered a couple of your 5gram cards last night, find the idea intriguing.  So do you usually have a couple around for fast shipping?  Would like to inspect the product, before committing to a larger order or getting setup as a merchant.

My understanding from your post is that a box of 40 cards could take a couple of weeks to get manufactured and then shipped, sounds reasonable, but wouldn't want that to become a month or two.

Well, typically I don't keep a lot of inventory. Its an extremely low capitalization business - mostly because I'm pretty much broke. Shire Silver is currently my biggest/best chance to make it big.

Currently in stock I have
54 half-gram silver cards
1 twentieth-gram gold card
1 tenth-gram gold card

I do have some spare silver sitting around for another order that I can use. The customer prepaid for the cards but they wanted a special design, which isn't ready yet. I could make a couple 5 gram silver and as many as 10 one gram silver cards out of that, in order to fulfill quickly, and order more metal to replenish their stash. (That's the sort of juggling that any manufacturer would do to maximize client satisfaction.)

So if you put in an order this weekend that was small enough, I could get it shipped on Monday. But a larger order would probably take a couple weeks due to needing to resupply. I have had two previous orders take as long as a month, but these were multi-thousand dollar orders and my supplier ran out of gold.

GroundRod (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 03:06:02 AM

Thanks much ShireSilver for the trade, looking forward to receiving the Silver cards.  Interesting approach you've come up with to develop a valued exchange!
GroundRod (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 07:34:19 PM

@ShireSilver - Way cool concept, love the card & thanks for the trade!

@barbarousrelic - Same for the coin you sent me, awesome addition to my collection.
d6d4d59

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 07:51:11 PM

sweet! shire silver for the win Smiley
fatigue

Activity: 196

Bitcoin is a food group.

View Profile
May 26, 2012, 12:07:56 AM
Last edit: May 26, 2012, 12:31:47 AM by fatigue

Interesting deal, you might find some rounds in the mail at some point in time soon.

edit: how much will you accept at one time? i have quite a few rounds to be done away with.
GroundRod (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2012, 02:10:08 AM

Interesting deal, you might find some rounds in the mail at some point in time soon.

edit: how much will you accept at one time? i have quite a few rounds to be done away with.

Thanks for your interest fatigue. 

At the moment you can see I've been on a spending spree, only could trade up to 3 ounces for bitcoins.  Kinda want to limit it to no more than that, on a 1st trade basis anyhow...  If all turns out well, will be happy to PM with you and arrange for a trade on a larger quantity.

Tonight the price based on Kitco/MtGox = 5.5614 bitcoins, plus I'll add in 0.2 x number of ounces shipped.  For example with 3 that would be 16.6842 + 0.6 = 17.2842 BitCoins....

1-3oz max per person right now, your call.

PM or email me for shipping details,

GR
RodGround at gmail dot com
fatigue

Activity: 196

Bitcoin is a food group.

View Profile
May 26, 2012, 02:46:53 AM

Alright, ill make sure to limit it, however i was only going to do one ounce as a validation for my first shipment.
Entropy-uc

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 26, 2012, 05:21:52 AM

I can provide 1 Oz uncirculated Silver Maple Leafs.  How much of a premium are you willing to pay?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: