Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 03:51:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GLBSE] REBATE official thread  (Read 14280 times)
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2012, 03:04:45 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2012, 10:32:18 PM by bitcoin.me

The short story is that he is involved with some of his family's hotels and has founded the failed startups Enso and Wozad.

Alberto Armandi - Issuer
Email: info@bitdaytrade.com
GTalk: alberto.armandi@gmail.com
Forum: bitdaytrade
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=41459791

Is the guy. Anyone want to start digging ?

Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 10:50:14 PM

I am tired of this bullshit both as a investor and as a middle man stuck in between this shit.
I will be talking to both parties and see if we can solve this so that everyone including the investors will get happy.
I will be pushing for a buy back as this is obviously not working out...
//DeaDTerra

DeadTerra, my unhappiness in this is not directed at you and I appreciate you're in a crappy situation as you note. 
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2012, 10:55:35 PM

I am tired of this bullshit both as a investor and as a middle man stuck in between this shit.
I will be talking to both parties and see if we can solve this so that everyone including the investors will get happy.
//DeaDTerra

DeadTerra, my unhappiness in this is not directed at you and I appreciate you're in a crappy situation as you note. 

+1

We know who the responsible party is here. Im becoming unimpressed with this guy hiding behind trusted users instead of gaining his own reputation.

DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 08:10:03 AM

//DeaDTerra

+1

We know who the responsible party is here. Im becoming unimpressed with this guy hiding behind trusted users instead of gaining his own reputation.

I have now talked to Alberto whos up for either a buy back or a trade in for BDT bonds. I am trying to get a hold of JRO still no answer though, give me a bit more time. He's probably busy, but he will get online sooner or later.
//DeaDTerra
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2012, 08:11:58 AM

//DeaDTerra

+1

I have now talked to Alberto whos up for either a buy back or a trade in for BDT bonds. I am trying to get a hold of JRO still no answer though, give me a bit more time. He's probably busy, but he will get online sooner or later.
//DeaDTerra

Thanks for your work DT.

Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 01:55:12 PM

Since issuer abandoned development of this project shortly after issuing the asset to focus on something else, the only fair resolution would be is a buyback at original IPO price
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 10:46:15 AM

So, do we buy it up to 0.2 and keep it there, or will the buyback be at 0.2 already?
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 02:54:29 PM

So, do we buy it up to 0.2 and keep it there, or will the buyback be at 0.2 already?
It will be as according to contract, so it will be bound to the five day average of the bond.
I am still waiting for confirmation from JRO for a buyback.
//DeaDTerra
exahash

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 03:36:56 PM

It will be as according to contract, so it will be bound to the five day average of the bond.
//DeaDTerra

How will the average price of the last 120 hours be calculated?  The only trades I see in that window are from Aug 4.  If the average is weighted by shares, that 1500@.1249 brings the average up to about .123.  If its by trades, then it's a bit lower, closer to .11 (I'm approximating).

If anyone wants to drive the buyback price up to .2, they should try to get all the lower asks cancelled.  Then place an ask for at least .16 and have someone else buy at that price.  The Aug 4 trades fall out of the 120 hour window tomorrow (the last one at 20:00 glbse time).  Then 120% x .16 yields the .2 btc ipo price.

Put the word out not to sell into bids below .16 as well.

Buying all the shares under .2 would take about 250 btc at the moment, but would only get the weighted average to about 0.135413209.  You'd have to spend 472.8 btc and buy up through the .2349 ask to raise the average to .16  Still a profitable move, since you'd be getting .2 for shares that cost you .16 on average.

Likely the issuer has shares he could dump to lower the average as well.

Oh, and I'm not advocating manipulating the price, rather posting this as a thought exercise.

farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 04:06:48 PM

//DeaDTerra

Hmm.. so basically we are  F*****  since the price is around 1.2 .
I understand there is a contract, but this "company" didn't even really start , didn't give div's , didn't do anything really..

oh well , beggars can't be choosers.

Just will have to watch out from investing in startups.

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 04:26:44 PM

//DeaDTerra

Hmm.. so basically we are  F*****  since the price is around 1.2 .
I understand there is a contract, but this "company" didn't even really start , didn't give div's , didn't do anything really..

oh well , beggars can't be choosers.

Just will have to watch out from investing in startups.
Sorry m8, I did the best with what I had. I have around 6000 shares in Rebate as well Sad
//DeaDTerra
farfiman
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 04:32:28 PM

Wasn't directed to you DT..   and I know the real responsible people probably don't read it- just letting off steam....
and maybe a warning  for the future - at least rebate investors  will be wary of other businesses  run by the same
people ( you know who you are....)

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
ColdHardMetal

Activity: 700

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 05:07:56 PM

Seems like withdrawls don't work either.  Undecided

exahash

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 05:31:47 PM

Sorry m8, I did the best with what I had. I have around 6000 shares in Rebate as well Sad
//DeaDTerra

Sounds like you have good cause to buy more shares to move the average price to where it should be in case of a buyback.

DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 05:46:19 PM

//DeaDTerra

Sounds like you have good cause to buy more shares to move the average price to where it should be in case of a buyback.

Don't have enough liquid BTC atm, unfortunatly.
//DeaDTerra
farfiman
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 06:28:06 PM

//DeaDTerra

I would do it if I new how long until  and IF it would happen...  no point in spending hundreds of coins just to have the buyback 24 hrs later...

Martin Armstrong
PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 09:11:03 PM

I did my bit to move the price last week, and a buyback appears the only sensible option.

However, on top of that, the dividend (what ever it is) still needs to be paid.

Sounds like a motion to wind-up/buyback is in order.
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 09:28:13 PM

I did my bit to move the price last week, and a buyback appears the only sensible option.

That's what I am working for Smiley
All I need is JRO to accept the buyback, he has control of the account and a majority of the equity raised.
//DeaDTerra
exahash

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 04:01:40 AM

//DeaDTerra

I would do it if I new how long until  and IF it would happen...  no point in spending hundreds of coins just to have the buyback 24 hrs later...

If only we could get some of those too-low asks cancelled (or raised)...

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2012, 05:46:42 AM

That's what I am working for Smiley
All I need is JRO to accept the buyback, he has control of the account and a majority of the equity raised.
//DeaDTerra

Does JRO have any connection to this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=18197.0

I particularly point out a post that was made at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=18197.msg345149#msg345149

*THIS IS BIG- Use our funds to provide instant payouts in different forms through my already existing company-2-person exchange. This is a situation where we keep a lot of liquid funds around in different forms to provide a quick, safe transfer for a reasonable price and cut out any wait times involved with normal bank transfers (See http://xchange.bitcoinbux.com). This is our new bread and butter.
I am currently using my savings for this, it is of little or no risk so I don't mind, its just that we might expand past the cycle of my savings money and need more liquid. Basically we need enough liquid funds to be able to cycle the money and get it back before we run out of anything.

This basically describes zipconf and along with other things WiseOldOwl has posted leads me to believe they are one and the same. This whole thing is starting to raise big red flags for me sorry.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: