Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:30:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the solution ?  (Read 3004 times)
MarbleBoss

Activity: 169
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 04:59:35 AM

Some of the questions I see above are out of context. But I'll try my best to clear up the confusion...

1. Solar powered mining does not mean our mining firm is 100% solar powered. But sun light has a % of contribution in running not only our mining machines, but also some of our office appliances. This helps us in saving a % of power cost. This is a nice read regarding this http://blog.cex.io/solar-bitcoin-mining/. If anyone is interested, please go through it.

2. As we have stated before in other posts as well, we have not purchased mining power at any other so-called cloud mining company. We run our own mining facility and thereby able to allocate mining power to our investors as cloud. When investment gets added to an investor's portfolio, his mining power increases. There is an internal mapping for that.

3. We used to mine at multiple pools and have modified our software for a certain tweak to increase the chance of winning hashes. When we find a hash at some big pool, we dont submit it there. Rather we take it to a smaller pool where our hashing ratio is high. This improvised method has given us better return than usual and with increasing hash power its effectiveness is growing as well. That is why, we dont want to back out from the mining business. Rather finding a way to stay afloat even below 500.
You realize that you're willfully admitting to performing block withholding attacks?  That's not a software tweak.  That's theft.

Welcome to capitalism.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 04:24:29 PM

Some of the questions I see above are out of context. But I'll try my best to clear up the confusion...

1. Solar powered mining does not mean our mining firm is 100% solar powered. But sun light has a % of contribution in running not only our mining machines, but also some of our office appliances. This helps us in saving a % of power cost. This is a nice read regarding this http://blog.cex.io/solar-bitcoin-mining/. If anyone is interested, please go through it.

2. As we have stated before in other posts as well, we have not purchased mining power at any other so-called cloud mining company. We run our own mining facility and thereby able to allocate mining power to our investors as cloud. When investment gets added to an investor's portfolio, his mining power increases. There is an internal mapping for that.

3. We used to mine at multiple pools and have modified our software for a certain tweak to increase the chance of winning hashes. When we find a hash at some big pool, we dont submit it there. Rather we take it to a smaller pool where our hashing ratio is high. This improvised method has given us better return than usual and with increasing hash power its effectiveness is growing as well. That is why, we dont want to back out from the mining business. Rather finding a way to stay afloat even below 500.
You realize that you're willfully admitting to performing block withholding attacks?  That's not a software tweak.  That's theft.

Welcome to capitalism.
I'm not entirely sure what you're implying here.  I wrote "Welcome to capitalism" in the context of a completely different discussion.  In that discussion, the original poster was complaining that it wasn't fair that hardware manufacturers were also using their own equipment to mine.

Here, the original poster has admitted to altering the mining software to not submit potential block-solving hashes at the pool on which they are found, but rather re-submitting them on another pool.

Quite frankly, I'm not sure the poster is actually able to accomplish what he's stated.  However, if he somehow has indeed figured out a way to cheat the system, then he's committing theft.  Think about what he's saying he can do:

1) Mine on pool A, with 25% of the pool's total hashing power.  Assuming no fees and straight PPS, he'd get 6.25BTC from solving the block.
2) Mine on pool B, with 75% of the pool's total hashing power.  Assuming no fees and straight PPS, he'd get 18.75BTC from solving the block.
3) He finds a share on pool A that would solve the block, but somehow transfers that to pool B.
4) He's still going to get paid by pool A if some other miner on pool A solves a block.

I don't believe point 3 is possible, but that is what he's claiming he's doing.  If he truly is, then he's performing a block withholding attack on pool A and then getting a larger payout than he deserves from pool B.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 06:19:41 PM

Welcome to capitalism.
I'm not entirely sure what you're implying here.  I wrote "Welcome to capitalism" in the context of a completely different discussion.  In that discussion, the original poster was complaining that it wasn't fair that hardware manufacturers were also using their own equipment to mine.

Here, the original poster has admitted to altering the mining software to not submit potential block-solving hashes at the pool on which they are found, but rather re-submitting them on another pool.

Quite frankly, I'm not sure the poster is actually able to accomplish what he's stated.  However, if he somehow has indeed figured out a way to cheat the system, then he's committing theft.  Think about what he's saying he can do:

1) Mine on pool A, with 25% of the pool's total hashing power.  Assuming no fees and straight PPS, he'd get 6.25BTC from solving the block.
2) Mine on pool B, with 75% of the pool's total hashing power.  Assuming no fees and straight PPS, he'd get 18.75BTC from solving the block.
3) He finds a share on pool A that would solve the block, but somehow transfers that to pool B.
4) He's still going to get paid by pool A if some other miner on pool A solves a block.

I don't believe point 3 is possible, but that is what he's claiming he's doing.  If he truly is, then he's performing a block withholding attack on pool A and then getting a larger payout than he deserves from pool B.

Personally i will believe it when i see it.  One big reason is solving block is a very small chance.   It's not likely to solve a block (I'm assuming he does not have a warehouse of miners). 
MarbleBoss

Activity: 169
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 05:15:15 PM

Welcome to capitalism.

The concept of pool is originally against Satoshi's idea of decentralization. Pool owners did it for sheer profit and u find that OK. U say ASIC miner manufacturers are mining themselves is a Capitalist feature. And when someone perform block withholding attack... u find it stealing ?

Wake up buddy. Block withholding practice is now spreading among miners like wildfire. There is a good side of it. People will lose faith on pools with time and the mining will be de-centralized again. Be dynamic. Accept the change.
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 03:22:31 PM

The concept of pool is originally against Satoshi's idea of decentralization.
It most certainly is not.  Satoshi himself realized that mining would become an industrial-scaled operation.

Pool owners did it for sheer profit and u find that OK.
Pool owners realized they could combine many miners together and have a better chance of solving blocks, which in turn meant more profit for the miners.  Some of those owners charged fees for the privilege of mining on the pool.  Others did not, but found other ways to obtain coin such as donations and merge mining.

U say ASIC miner manufacturers are mining themselves is a Capitalist feature.
Just like the guys who initially wrote the pool software and gathered together people combining their hashing power towards solving blocks, the ASIC manufacturers take that a step further.  They produce the chips, put together the hardware and mine with it, and/or sell it, and/or provide cloud mining services.  Why would the guy who invented the shovel not be allowed to use it to dig for gold as well as sell the shovel to others?

And when someone perform block withholding attack... u find it stealing ?
Absolutely.  Those who perform block withholding attacks have changed the software to give themselves an unfair advantage.  They are purposefully withholding a solution, and if the OP is to be believed are somehow transferring that solution somewhere else to give themselves a larger portion of the pie than they deserve for the work that was done there.  It's like hacking your ATM card to be able to withdraw money, yet not have that withdrawal reflected in your bank's balance.  It's theft, plain and simple.

Wake up buddy. Block withholding practice is now spreading among miners like wildfire. There is a good side of it. People will lose faith on pools with time and the mining will be de-centralized again. Be dynamic. Accept the change.
Seriously?  You really think that the thieves should get away with it because that will somehow breakdown the pools and magically spread the mining back to the masses?  Yikes.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 06:08:39 PM

Welcome to capitalism.

The concept of pool is originally against Satoshi's idea of decentralization. Pool owners did it for sheer profit and u find that OK. U say ASIC miner manufacturers are mining themselves is a Capitalist feature. And when someone perform block withholding attack... u find it stealing ?

Do you have any proof of this?  I just cant see most doing this that are able to.  The industrial size who have big market share I just don't see block withholding.

I think industrial mining is a two edge sword.  One side they have a huge amount of power.  The good side is it allows us to get in on their buying of hardware on some companies and its cheaper for everyone.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: