Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:36:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Looking to make a good idea into $1 billion. Serious inquiries only.  (Read 2164 times)
changeproject (OP)

Activity: 240
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 07:56:21 AM
Last edit: June 11, 2019, 07:29:13 PM by changeproject

Deleted
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 10:36:17 AM

no such thing as secure POS code  Shocked
naplam

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Coin Developer - CrunchPool.com operator

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2014, 10:50:17 AM

first:
no such thing as secure POS code  Shocked

second:
http://blog.jpl-consulting.com/2012/04/why-i-wont-sign-your-nda/

third:
If you need to hire all those experts, what are you providing to the team , what's your role?. I'm guessing nothing at all but your pipe dream.

kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 11:33:51 AM

what's your role?

to make a $1 billion shhh weren't you listening  Roll Eyes
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 11:35:26 AM

...and what would be your role in this "project"?

Edit: OK I've seen the best answer Smiley.
cassius69

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 12:12:16 PM

how would anyone at this forum know how to make a billion?  Grin

peter378

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 06:33:56 PM

how would anyone at this forum know how to make a billion?  Grin

Even Satoshi has not managed to make a billion yet!
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 07:04:12 PM

So does anyone have anything to offer?  LOL I dont understand the purpose in posting if you aren't going to help.....time is obviously not something you are short on.

If you want to be taken seriously around here you need to be active on the forums for some time. My question to you is, how do you expect to turn this Crypto into a Billion dollar enterprise if you don't understand how Proof of Stake works yourself?
SpainCoinDev

Activity: 364

SpainCoin.org

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2014, 07:10:55 PM

So does anyone have anything to offer?  LOL I dont understand the purpose in posting if you aren't going to help.....time is obviously not something you are short on.
you've been asked some questions and you're not answering. You should be trying to convince people yet you don't even answer to them when they talk to you. Way to go!! $1B, to the moon!

Jimmy_Zed

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 08:12:36 PM

This is absolutely hilarious. You cannot make this up. Smiley

Jimmy Zed
Jimmy_Zed

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 08:34:27 PM

This is absolutely hilarious. You cannot make this up. Smiley

Jimmy Zed

What's funny is that crypto has been around for more than 3 years now and it still has not found its place in society as a tool that benefits people as well as commerce.  The blocks are all there, but no one has put them together.  This entire thread is filled with coins that are just copies of other coins, with no real plan.  Oh and by the way, whats actually funny is that Mintpal is done and Poloniex is under DDOS but all of you are laughing at me.

I fully agree with you that the current state of crypoworld is as low as it gets. And I am not laughing at you buddy, but at this whole scenario , I mean if you cannot see the irony in it, then I don't know how to explain it to you.
naplam

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 11:00:12 AM

So, to sum this up, you have no team, no skills, no money and won't talk about your idea. And you want talented devs to be interested. You must be delusional.

kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 01:37:58 PM

So, to sum this up, you have no team, no skills, no money and won't talk about your idea. And you want talented devs to be interested. You must be delusional.

added to that good, even fantastic excellent ideas are a dime a dozen, ideas the easy part, and I guarentee you you're idea aint that good (even before I hear it).

naplam

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 11:22:57 PM

You want to re-create Visa. Advice: you don't need (or want) a cryptocurrency for that. Good luck

mutha

Activity: 430

AS8UDRR8Dc4wTyZkMT7Z5vaXtiWK9zh5Hb

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 11:37:08 PM

White Paper (very rough draft) - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByLJ5ZnzFhFfUmE4QTAtelREczQ/view?usp=sharing

I will go more in depth later tonight around 10pm.  I wanted to get something out here for people to read. 

If you do not mind some constructive objective observations,

If you are serious I mean really serious about pursuing this! I had an old investment banker tell me "If you cant tell me what you do in a sentence then you dont know what you are doing."
The literary genius and not a good communicator will get your work sent to file 13 instantly. The truth of the matter they dont care who you are, they want to know how you are going to make THEM money too!

Whats the Exit strategy you have in mind? IPO? BUYOUT? MERGER? No one likes dead money buried in an illiquid venture.

Go at it from a business plan thats what the Venture Caps and IBs want to see... white papers arent worth the paper they are written on, unless you are after Ma and Pa Sixpack and their piggy bank full of coins.

Thats just an FYI comment take or leave it... its your billion dollar future on the line... not mine  Grin
arteleis

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 11:51:58 PM

Cryptos should be used as stores of value to be traded p2p.   Not as payment whores.  If anyone has noticed payment processing has done bitcoin wonders...
  But if you aim to rule with an iron fist.. who knows...

To be constructive I would suggest not started your paper with.  "Im not good at this but.."

And no sorry.  There is not a billion dollar profit in crypto dev.. it'd me a miracle for your coin to just hit a billion dollar marketcap.  Profit in that? Well.. If ya got tons of business on board.. and they all agreed to pay your fee.. ya might make a million.  Unlikely.  But giver! Never hurts To try.

Do you have funding? That'd be new and innovative.

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM
arteleis

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 07:53:50 AM

I do not have funding.  I'm kicking around a presale or crowdfund.  I wanted to throw the idea into this forum and see what's left after the wolves have their way.  I would ideally setup an LLC for it first.  The source code would be open but trading would be protected under LLC and actual coins protected in an LP.  But like I said, I wanted some over constructive feedback first.

No more corporate cryptos pleeeeaae.   

arteleis

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 07:55:24 AM

Cryptos should be used as stores of value to be traded p2p.   Not as payment whores.  If anyone has noticed payment processing has done bitcoin wonders...
  But if you aim to rule with an iron fist.. who knows...

To be constructive I would suggest not started your paper with.  "Im not good at this but.."

And no sorry.  There is not a billion dollar profit in crypto dev.. it'd me a miracle for your coin to just hit a billion dollar marketcap.  Profit in that? Well.. If ya got tons of business on board.. and they all agreed to pay your fee.. ya might make a million.  Unlikely.  But giver! Never hurts To try.

Do you have funding? That'd be new and innovative.
If I can add 1.2 - 4.8% to someone's bottom line, why would they not at least try it?  Walmart does 476 billion in sales 61%(credit cards) of that is 290 billion.  If I can add 1.2% to there bottom line that's 3.4 billion a year.  For basically allowing me to install my terminals at their counters.

Well.  How did coin kite turn out?

Palmdetroit
Legendary

Activity: 910

PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 08:09:23 AM

Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 11:57:07 AM

I do not have funding.  I'm kicking around a presale or crowdfund.  I wanted to throw the idea into this forum and see what's left after the wolves have their way.  I would ideally setup an LLC for it first.  The source code would be open but trading would be protected under LLC and actual coins protected in an LP.  But like I said, I wanted some over constructive feedback first.

So you have no funding but you want people to sign your NDA and work for the product they are producing but you have worked on other products where you flake on the project and start a new one? Why not just use coin2.1 that you did before instead of starting a new one, no developer is going to work without being paid in BTC/NBT/FIAT and good luck trying to raise funds on a low activity account. Maybe it would be better to put together an airtight business proposal and take it to Dragon's Den, I'm sure a few corporate big wigs would be interested jumping into the Crypto scene but I doubt they will be as helpful as some of the people on this thread.
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 01:45:12 PM

You should get a prototype off the ground first, a chicken and the egg problem
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: