Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:32:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BitcoinMax.com] Closed  (Read 190154 times)
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 07:14:44 PM

let's say it's 2pm, the wallet is completely empty and someone deposits 500 btc. another person has a 500 btc withdrawal set for 8pm. so what you're saying is, i should leave that 500 btc sitting in my wallet for 6 hours earning no interest so that i can send it to the second guy at 'the right time'? no, i need to get those coins out asap, either to that withdrawer, or to bst. if i send them to bst, there's no guarantee i can get them back out again by 8pm.

Right, but let's say it's 7:55pm when someone deposits 500 btc and another person has a 500 btc withdrawal set for 8pm.

You would hold the coins for 5 minutes and process the withdrawal.

If they hadn't been able to request the withdrawal in advance you would send the coins to bs&t and then 5 minutes later get the withdrawal request and have to request the coins back again.

It's always better to have advance warning of withdrawals.  At worst it makes no difference to what you do with the coins, and at best it saves you and pirate 2 transactions each.  As I understand it pirate offers higher interest rates to lenders who make less transactions, but I might be wrong about that.

So long as your lenders realise that giving 24h notice doesn't guarantee their withdrawal won't be delayed by up to 24h after the requested withdrawal time.  I think I'd implement it by having a "withdraw in [...] days and [...] hours" box on the withdraw page, defaulting to 0 in both boxes, and allow users to cancel pending withdrawals too.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AndyRossy

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 07:17:09 PM

Quick suggestion, why not make withdrawal time automatically 24 hours, have it scripted, such that withdrawal time +24hours is when the payment is sent.  

Then, twice a day balance your books, sending/receiving from pirate where required. This means that at least 1 "set" of receiving/sending will occur from pirate, balancing books before any withdrawal, and, will stop people moaning when it's not "quick enough" - sure it might be slower for the few, but, I think negative publicity/scare mongering caused from ppl chasing is worse.

let's say it's 2pm, the wallet is completely empty and someone deposits 500 btc. another person has a 500 btc withdrawal set for 8pm. so what you're saying is, i should leave that 500 btc sitting in my wallet for 6 hours earning no interest so that i can send it to the second guy at 'the right time'? no, i need to get those coins out asap, either to that withdrawer, or to bst. if i send them to bst, there's no guarantee i can get them back out again by 8pm.

Fair point, then maybe just add a bigger warning in OP that withdrawal times vary, and give up to X before posting.  It's not good for anything is people start FUD.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 07:17:29 PM

Right, but let's say it's 7:55pm when someone deposits 500 btc and another person has a 500 btc withdrawal set for 8pm.

If they hadn't been able to request the withdrawal in advance you would send the coins to bs&t and then 5 minutes later get the withdrawal request and have to request the coins back again.

It's always better to have advance warning of withdrawals.  At worst it makes no difference to what you do with the coins, and at best it saves you and pirate 2 transactions each.  As I understand it pirate offers higher interest rates to lenders who make less transactions, but I might be wrong about that.

So long as your lenders realise that giving 24h notice doesn't guarantee their withdrawal won't be delayed by up to 24h after the requested withdrawal time.  I think I'd implement it by having a "withdraw in [...] days and [...] hours" box on the withdraw page, defaulting to 0 in both boxes, and allow users to cancel pending withdrawals too.

That's exactly what he said he's willing to do:
any way to add a date to the withdraw section? i.e. request a withdraw on monday but not process it until when needed on thursday. some of us work 24 on and 24 off shifts and it would be a major convenience, plus we both would get more interest that way lol. if not, carry on as you are, service is great.

i suppose i could make it so that you can specify a date, but not a time, but even after the request becomes active, it may take 24 hours from then to be processed.

are you saying you aren't able to access the site for 2 minutes on thursday to make the request?

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
payb.tc (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 07:19:38 PM

^ that's effectively what i'm saying... that a withdrawal request for "8pm" doesn't become 'active' until 8pm, but that doesn't necessarily mean it gets paid at that time... could be 24 hours after that.

i do see how knowing in advance might help a little in the case of keeping coins for 5-10 minutes, but then things would work out almost exactly the same if everyone just requested their coins 5-10 minutes earlier Smiley
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 07:29:02 PM

i do see how knowing in advance might help a little in the case of keeping coins for 5-10 minutes, but then things would work out almost exactly the same if everyone just requested their coins 5-10 minutes earlier Smiley

What would really make this work well would be if pirate also offered the same feature of being able to request withdrawals in advance.  If he knew in advance what the demand for coins would be then perhaps he could better plan on having the coins available immediately for withdrawal.

I guess ultimately all this is a non-issue though.  Nobody minds waiting 24h for a withdrawal - they're just happy you're providing the service you are.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
jme621

Activity: 360

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 07:30:56 PM

yeah i just meant the day not a specific time. as an example, if i needed some funds on thursday, the webform would let me pick the day, but in reality it would go active(alert you?) on wednesday so if it takes up to 24 hours, then the funds still arrive on the day requested, if not earlier. and it was just a suggestion, in case you was bored and wanted to add new features hehe.

any way to add a date to the withdraw section? i.e. request a withdraw on monday but not process it until when needed on thursday. some of us work 24 on and 24 off shifts and it would be a major convenience, plus we both would get more interest that way lol. if not, carry on as you are, service is great.

i suppose i could make it so that you can specify a date, but not a time, but even after the request becomes active, it may take 24 hours from then to be processed.

are you saying you aren't able to access the site for 2 minutes on thursday to make the request?

there is days i cant even get on the net at work for over 24-30 hours so yeah thats kinda what im sayin, but not demanding  Grin. system works now, just tossing out ideas.
and thursday was just a reference day, i dont need any funds on thursday.

as i said before, your service works great as is now and have not ever had any issues with it.
asfas16123

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 08:24:20 PM

whats next? ask for an option to auto-withdraw everything monday afternoon so you can put it back in later after interest is paid?!

geez IMHO you should change to only allow withdrawals once weekly: together with interest. lots of less work, stress and losses for you payb.tc

I am serious about this
layyen

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 10:31:17 PM

whats next? ask for an option to auto-withdraw everything monday afternoon so you can put it back in later after interest is paid?!

geez IMHO you should change to only allow withdrawals once weekly: together with interest. lots of less work, stress and losses for you payb.tc

I am serious about this

not so bad idea, leave standard withdraw, and add some option when we can chose date and amount... and you will see very nice estimated btc requested for some day..  Wink
Energizer

Activity: 273

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 10:40:28 PM

I like the idea of weekly withdraws on Mondays! On the other hand you can allow immediate withdraws for a fee, I guess 1% would be fair "the interest of one day". I guess making 1% on immediate withdraws can allow you to have liquide BTC that are always ready and devoted for immediate withdraws.
aq

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 11:10:56 PM

I like the idea of weekly withdraws on Mondays! On the other hand you can allow immediate withdraws for a fee, I guess 1% would be fair "the interest of one day". I guess making 1% on immediate withdraws can allow you to have liquide BTC that are always ready and devoted for immediate withdraws.
That would not work, because payb.tc does not know when and how much will be withdrawn. And without any withdraws he would lose 1% daily!
Draino

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 04:27:09 AM
Last edit: August 02, 2012, 12:57:24 PM by Draino

maybe a priority queue?

within 24h (immediatly),
on next deposit,
on next interest payout

edit: i knew ranked queue sounded wrong
Smoovious

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Scattering my bits around the net since 1980

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 07:02:54 AM

Perhaps having a date on the request, can be used just as an indication of priority, with a choice at the end.

Say I would like 200 BTC withdrawn by Thursday, and it is Monday.

I could put in a request for 200 BTC, with the expiration on Thursday, and the choice of "expire" or "withdraw".

Up until the expire day, it would be just a low-priority request. If the BTC becomes available via deposits at any time during that time, then just process the request as the coin comes in, at any time up until the expire time.

Once the expire time is reached, if the option is "expire", then the request is simply cleared, regardless of if it was filled, partially filled, or not at all filled. If it is "withdraw", then it would be processed as a standard withdraw request at that point, withdrawing from pirate if needed, and then sent out.

I don't think it should be used as a way to schedule when the withdraw takes place, but for how long the request is valid, and they would be processed, oldest first.

Just treat the low priority request, basically as "anytime between now and whenever, withdraw X amount when convenient."

This way, if more deposits come in than you have withdraw requests, the extra coin left over after filling the withdraws can be deposited right away.

-- Smoov
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 07:17:16 AM

I think everyones making this overly complicated unnecessarily

the system has payb.tc has been originally designed is working  perfect for withdrawls and deposits IMO

it may take up to 24 hrs but it may only take a few minutes if u get lucky

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 07:18:09 AM

the system has payb.tc has been originally designed is working  perfect for withdrawls and deposits IMO

+1

Leave well enough alone.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
fatigue

Activity: 196

Bitcoin is a food group.

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 07:35:32 AM

+1

Leave well enough alone.

I second that. If its not broke, dont fix it.
runlinux

Activity: 566

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2012, 03:16:07 PM

New customer here. Site looks awesome!

wildemagic

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 03:19:26 PM

So does a DOS prompt I might venture to guess! <grins>

Its functional without any unnecessary fluff.

kind regards

.,-._|\     Offgrid 1.7kW Solar and 3G wireless internet powering my mining rig.
/ .Oz. \
\_,--.x/     [219.5btc of successful trades total] with : rastapool, miernik, flatronw & OneFixt
       o
runlinux

Activity: 566

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2012, 05:04:52 PM

Eh. It has only what it needs to have. I like that.

payb.tc (OP)

Activity: 812

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 11:36:31 PM

So does a DOS prompt

hmmm. i wonder if anyone has ever done that... have a website that basically just shows a command prompt, and accepts a very limited set of commands.

eg.
> login username password
> withdraw 25.4
> logout

geeky but fun.
nimda

Activity: 784

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 12:10:25 AM

http://uni.xkcd.com/

The popular geek comic xkcd, navigable through a unix-like prompt. It was an April-fool's joke a few years back.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 118 »
  Print  

Jump to: